Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fashion for a king cds

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

First time i have played these two shows since buying the book new a few years ago, really enjoyed the first 74 Omaha show but am just listening to the second cd which contains the 14th December Las vegas 75 concert and am totally loving this performance along with brilliant sound. Just starting to go back into my soundboard collection and am really enjoying shows i havn't played in 20 years or so. Think i'll start on the 2 Fort Baxter profile box sets next!......Happy listening everyone.

Re: Fashion for a king cds

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Please tell us whether you enjoyed the other shows, too....I also like those from Fashion For The King....Las Vegas 1975 winter season was really great with excellent song line-up...Elvis at his best.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Ciscoking on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am wrote:Please tell us whether you enjoyed the other shows, too....I also like those from Fashion For The King....Las Vegas 1975 winter season was really great with excellent song line-up...Elvis at his best.

Yikes.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 pm

I have no doubt that he meant to say "Elvis at his best for December 1975."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Rob on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am wrote:I have no doubt that he meant to say "Elvis at his best for December 1975."

Oh, I doubt that very much.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 pm

I am surprised still that they haven't reissued these shows on FTD like they have some others that have came with the books. The 75 show is really worthwhile I like that one best out of all from that season tbh

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:57 pm

JEFF d on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:I am surprised still that they haven't reissued these shows on FTD like they have some others that have came with the books. The 75 show is really worthwhile I like that one best out of all from that season tbh

JEFF d
EP fan

The whole season is great..one of the best Vegas gigs.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:15 pm

JEFF d on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm wrote:I am surprised still that they haven't reissued these shows on FTD like they have some others that have came with the books. The 75 show is really worthwhile I like that one best out of all from that season tbh

JEFF d
EP fan

Completely agree. It's starting to get very aggrevating that Ernst still hasn't made these two shows available on their own.

Not everyone purchased the book (including me), so I would welcome the chance to purchase the shows.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Ciscoking on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 pm wrote:
JEFF d on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 pm wrote:I am surprised still that they haven't reissued these shows on FTD like they have some others that have came with the books. The 75 show is really worthwhile I like that one best out of all from that season tbh

JEFF d
EP fan

Robert Hilburn said the same, and you know how highly some regard his work. :wink:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 pm

I don't think the December 14 show is as good as those from the 13th. Just my opinion. Neither FTD show is close to the entertainment of the MS on the 13th.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

JEFF d
EP fan

I really like this Vegas season too Cisco, the set-lists are really good, with the inclusion of just pretend, how great thou art, and burning love to name just a few. Elvis sounds great for 1975 and I would personally love to hear more soundboards from this season. One of the best live versions of "one night" I have heard is from the 08/12/1975 DS, from 'Hilton Showroom Volume 1 (AudiRec, 2016). I would love to hear this concert in soundboard quality ::rocks

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm

flamingstar81 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:09 pm wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

I really like this Vegas season too Cisco, the set-lists are really good, with the inclusion of just pretend, how great thou art, and burning love to name just a few. Elvis sounds great for 1975 and I would personally love to hear more soundboards from this season. One of the best live versions of "one night" I have heard is from the 08/12/1975 DS, from 'Hilton Showroom Volume 1 (AudiRec, 2016). I would love to hear this concert in soundboard quality ::rocks

I have to talk to Ernst at some point about it....I really like this season very, very much..we have fantastic renditions of How Great Thou Art, Just Pretend, One Night, Its Now Or Never..Blue Xmas, America, Softly As I Leave You, Mystery Train/Tiger Man..etc..etc..fantastico

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm

If FTD releases a two disc package from December '75, then one of the discs should be the show that was included with the "Fashion For A King" book.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am

Ciscoking on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

I have to talk to Ernst at some point about it....I really like this season very, very much..we have fantastic renditions of How Great Thou Art, Just Pretend, One Night, Its Now Or Never..Blue Xmas, America, Softly As I Leave You, Mystery Train/Tiger Man..etc..etc..fantastico

Please ask for dec. 6 DS 8)

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:41 am

ale on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 pm wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

I know..I know.. :wink:

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:52 am

Ciscoking on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 pm wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

Would love a soundboard of that one!

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:02 pm

ale on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 am wrote:
Ciscoking on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 pm wrote:

JEFF d
EP fan

Would love a soundboard of that one!

Sounds good to me! I'll be happy with any previously unreleased soundboard from this December 75 Vegas season :D

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Maybe a box with all the soundboard recordings from Vegas dec 75 concerts!!!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:15 pm

The only concerts that FTD has released on CD that I still don't have in my CD collection are the two concerts from the Fashion for a King FTD Book/2-CD set.
Fashion for a King went out of print so quickly and I never got around to purchasing a copy of it.
Hopefully at some point, Ernst Jorgensen will decide to reissue the two soundboards from Fashion for a King in a 2-CD set on their own.
I think that there is a large amount of major FTD collectors that never bought the Fashion for a King Book/2-CD set due to it going out of print way too fast.
There are a lot of FTD Book releases that I haven't bought.
I have every FTD CD only release.
FTD CD only releases are of course the FTD CD releases that don't come with a Book.
I don't have any of the FTD vinyl LP releases because I don't care about vinyl.

The only FTD Book releases that I have are
The Way It Was (2001)
Flashback (2004)
Rockin' Across Texas (2005)
Writing for the King (2006)
Live in L.A. (2007)
King Creole: The Music (2010)
A Moment in Time: Four Days in '56 (2011)
Taking Care of Business - In a Flash (2016)
Elvis at Madison Square Garden (2017)

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

All the other (unreleased) CDs that originally came with books have had separate standalone releases. Not releasing the Fashion For A King discs is beginning to look like a deliberate attempt to annoy the people who didn't buy the book and who then complained that they couldn't get a copy. At first I was quite ok with it, as it gave me a chance to feel smug at others expense. I mean, that's a great feeling, right?

"Yes, I've got it. Haven't you got it? Yes, I bought it at normal price. It's worth a lot now. And you didn't get it? I did..."

But that wore off, and now it all seems a bit petty. Just release the damn things and get it over with.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I too hope they re-release these two shows as the book was way too expensive for me and both shows are really good - great shows and performances! I prefer the release of the Omaha show over the Vegas one as I have Gravel Roads beautiful production, Rejuvenated and Rockin'.

However, if they release the Omaha show they should fix the sloppy and unprofessional editing of the Amen segment of the show and put it back where it belongs. Why they did this is kinda ridiculous.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

draig goch on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am wrote:First time i have played these two shows since buying the book new a few years ago, really enjoyed the first 74 Omaha show but am just listening to the second cd which contains the 14th December Las vegas 75 concert and am totally loving this performance along with brilliant sound. Just starting to go back into my soundboard collection and am really enjoying shows i havn't played in 20 years or so. Think i'll start on the 2 Fort Baxter profile box sets next!......Happy listening everyone.

How is the sound of that Omaha show from '74? I don't like the sound on the Cleveland show from that tour but the Kansas City show has excellent sound... just wondered if it was similar to Kansas City.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:09 pm

elvis-fan on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:20 am wrote:
draig goch on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am wrote:First time i have played these two shows since buying the book new a few years ago, really enjoyed the first 74 Omaha show but am just listening to the second cd which contains the 14th December Las vegas 75 concert and am totally loving this performance along with brilliant sound. Just starting to go back into my soundboard collection and am really enjoying shows i havn't played in 20 years or so. Think i'll start on the 2 Fort Baxter profile box sets next!......Happy listening everyone.

How is the sound of that Omaha show from '74? I don't like the sound on the Cleveland show from that tour but the Kansas City show has excellent sound... just wondered if it was similar to Kansas City.

The sound is mediocre and the concert is flat and unmemorable. The Omaha concert was an odd choice for release.