Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Will you buy the forthcoming FTD 3 cd sets if available?.

Poll ended at Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 pm

-Yes no doubts and will keep the old ones.
51%
-Yes but wil get rid of the old ones.
4%
-Will only buy those I´m interested in.
38%
-No, the ones I´ve are good for me.
8%

Total votes : 85

Re: Will you buy the forthcoming FTD 3 cd sets if available?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:35 am

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 am wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

emjel on December 6th, 2017, 10:44 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm wrote:
Looks like the poll is doing well ::rocks. After 5 hours, 60% of the posters think it´s an awesome decision if FTD take the 3 cd set way :smt020. Ernst Jorgensen if you read this, please don´t pay attention to the naysayers! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Well I wouldn’t employ your services if I wanted to bring a new product to market. This poll isn’t really telling Ernst anything as you haven’t established what the market really wants and can stand. And you think that this amazing 60% of respondents is truly representative of the number of fans that currently buy into FTD Product. But I know you are just joking when you ask Ernst to pay attention to it. You are, aren’t you?

I don´t need to work in this kind of business, I´ve my job! :wink:.

This poll is not posted to tell "Ernst Jorgensen" if FECC members are interested or not. It´s done to show how wrong the naysayers on FECC are about the fans who are against it..... ::rocks.

That being said, I very much doubt that he will read it but if he does, maybe he´ll realize it´s not a bad idea at all :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

A vote of 52 people is not going to tell him anything. He's got to think about the other two thousand or more than buy FTD product. The people that come here are, for the most part, the most ardent fans, and we are not representative of the average FTD buyer.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am

poormadpeter2 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:35 am wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 am wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

emjel on December 6th, 2017, 10:44 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm wrote:
Looks like the poll is doing well ::rocks. After 5 hours, 60% of the posters think it´s an awesome decision if FTD take the 3 cd set way :smt020. Ernst Jorgensen if you read this, please don´t pay attention to the naysayers! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Well I wouldn’t employ your services if I wanted to bring a new product to market. This poll isn’t really telling Ernst anything as you haven’t established what the market really wants and can stand. And you think that this amazing 60% of respondents is truly representative of the number of fans that currently buy into FTD Product. But I know you are just joking when you ask Ernst to pay attention to it. You are, aren’t you?

I don´t need to work in this kind of business, I´ve my job! :wink:.

This poll is not posted to tell "Ernst Jorgensen" if FECC members are interested or not. It´s done to show how wrong the naysayers on FECC are about the fans who are against it..... ::rocks.

That being said, I very much doubt that he will read it but if he does, maybe he´ll realize it´s not a bad idea at all :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

A vote of 52 people is not going to tell him anything. He's got to think about the other two thousand or more than buy FTD product. The people that come here are, for the most part, the most ardent fans, and we are not representative of the average FTD buyer.

You could even argue that if only half of the most ardent fans intend on buying them, then the chances of the more casual fans wanting them is even slimmer.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

91% of voters of willing to buy these 3 cd sets is a good score in just less than one day, since the poll started! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:56 pm

I wouldn't get too carried away with the poll it doesn't necessarily mean people are behind the idea but are FTD completists like myself who have to buy them all regardless.

norrie

and yes when I see that written down I see how crazy that is but there you go

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 am wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

91% of voters of willing to buy these 3 cd sets is a good score in just less than one day, since the poll started! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

What it says is that of the subset of fans who are, by definition, the ones who should be most likely to buy FTD products, only about half of them are happy with the idea of buying larger (and potentially more expensive) multi disc sets containing a large percentage of material they already own. The other half will either not get them or may buy some of them.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:20 pm

The Pirate on December 7th, 2017, 12:59 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:08 am wrote:

What it says is that of the subset of fans who are, by definition, the ones who should be most likely to buy FTD products, only about half of them are happy with the idea of buying larger (and potentially more expensive) multi disc sets containing a large percentage of material they already own. The other half will either not get them or may buy some of them.

No, the reading is... :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

-Yes and I´ll keep all those I have: 48%
-Yes but will sell the old ones: 5%
-Will but only the selected ones: 38%

This makes a total of: 91% of Fecc´s who are for the 3 cd set way! ::rocks.

P.S: No, just a barely 9%..... :smt005.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

If you're going to start a poll, then at least learn to interpret statistics. About half say they will buy them, and the other half either won't or may buy some of them.

If this was a real survey, done by a record company, they'd be panicking a bit now. They'd want to give people a lot more information - how much will the sets cost, for example - and then they'd do the survey again and ask more pertinent questions. All you've showed here is that of the 65 fans who gave enough of a flying feck to even answer the survey in the first place, a large percentage would not buy every release. So what you need to know now is, how many of those 65 fans previously bought every FTD? Of the ones who said they would buy everything, how dependent is that decision on price? Are they assuming that the 3xCD sets will cost the same as the 2xCD sets?

Maybe, looking on the bright side, the people who said that they wouldn't buy new sets are saying that because they think they'll cost more. Maybe once they find out the actual price, they'll change theor mind and buy them after all. You never know.

At the moment, your "survey" is statistically worthless, it's nothing more than a bit of fun. You might as well ask, "If Jesus came back to Earth, would you buy him a copy of a triple Viva Las Vegas set for his birthday?" and expect Ernst to base his future plans on the results.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

The Pirate on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

If you're going to start a poll, then at least learn to interpret statistics. About half say they will buy them, and the other half either won't or may buy some of them.

If this was a real survey, done by a record company, they'd be panicking a bit now. They'd want to give people a lot more information - how much will the sets cost, for example - and then they'd do the survey again and ask more pertinent questions. All you've showed here is that of the 65 fans who gave enough of a flying feck to even answer the survey in the first place, a large percentage would not buy every release. So what you need to know now is, how many of those 65 fans previously bought every FTD? Of the ones who said they would buy everything, how dependent is that decision on price? Are they assuming that the 3xCD sets will cost the same as the 2xCD sets?

Maybe, looking on the bright side, the people who said that they wouldn't buy new sets are saying that because they think they'll cost more. Maybe once they find out the actual price, they'll change theor mind and buy them after all. You never know.

At the moment, your "survey" is statistically worthless, it's nothing more than a bit of fun. You might as well ask, "If Jesus came back to Earth, would you buy him a copy of a triple Viva Las Vegas set for his birthday?" and expect Ernst to base his future plans on the results.

Exactly, but I fear you are flogging a dead horse here. He will only see what he wants to see and interpret.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:34 pm

emjel on December 7th, 2017, 2:04 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 pm wrote:
91% of voters of willing to buy these 3 cd sets is a good score in just less than one day, since the poll started! ::rocks.

No, the reading is... :roll:.

Exactly, but I fear you are flogging a dead horse here. He will only see what he wants to see and interpret.

I will put both of you in the naysayers groupie :smt021. Is that o.k with you? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

91% of voters of willing to buy these 3 cd sets is a good score in just less than one day, since the poll started! ::rocks.

I will put both of you in the naysayers groupie :smt021. Is that o.k with you? :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

If it gives you the kind of "turn on" that your poll is giving you, feel free. Personally I would prefer to find out all of the facts before I commit one way or the other.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 pm

emjel on December 7th, 2017, 2:54 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 pm wrote:

If it gives you the kind of "turn on" that your poll is giving you, feel free. Personally I would prefer to find out all of the facts before I commit one way or the other.

Do you really think that the nearly 200 FTD cd releases are going to have the 3 cd set way? :roll:. This took nearly 20 years to achieve... Ernst Jorgensen is getting old, almost 70, he doesn´t have time to do it and FTD is not going to release 20 or more 3 cd set packs every year.... :facep:.

If you believe so, you live in "la-la land". Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Do what you like.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. The label has provided us with some fantastic collections over the years, but everything worth releasing is now out there. All you are doing is refusing to accept that things come to an end, and you're prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it going, regardless. It's not even about the money with me, if I don't spend it on Elvis I'll spend it on something else. Probably buy even more headphones. It's about the pointlessness of it all, the idea that in order for me to hear a few scraps of unheard Elvis music (because at the end of the day I am an Elvis fan) I have to fill box after box with even more duplication and possibly (probably) frivolous and overdone packaging.

You know very well that when or if the 3xCD sets are released and done with, you'll be hankering after something else. You'll never be satisfied, because without that comforting 'plop' on the mat every few weeks as yet another Elvis CD arrives, you'll be unable to rest. What then?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 pm

The Pirate on December 7th, 2017, 3:10 pm wrote:
I will put both of you in the naysayers groupie :smt021. Is that o.k with you? :wink:.

Do what you like.

I don't see what is so hard to understand. The label has provided us with some fantastic collections over the years, but everything worth releasing is now out there. All you are doing is refusing to accept that things come to an end, and you're prepared to do whatever it takes to keep it going, regardless. It's not even about the money with me, if I don't spend it on Elvis I'll spend it on something else. Probably buy even more headphones. It's about the pointlessness of it all, the idea that in order for me to hear a few scraps of unheard Elvis music (because at the end of the day I am an Elvis fan) I have to fill box after box with even more duplication and possibly (probably) frivolous and overdone packaging.

You know very well that when or if the 3xCD sets are released and done with, you'll be hankering after something else. You'll never be satisfied, because without that comforting 'plop' on the mat every few weeks as yet another Elvis CD arrives, you'll be unable to rest. What then?

A 5 or 6 cd FTD SUN box set release! :smt007. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm wrote:

Do you really think that the nearly 200 FTD cd releases are going to have the 3 cd set way? :roll:.

What are you talking about??? Where in my reply does it talk about all of the FTDs getting 3 CD Treatment. Where has it been mentioned by anyone about 200 previous releases getting a 3 CD Set treatment. I think you are the one living in la la land. No doubt you will be campaigning for a 3 CD set of Roustabout and Kissin Cousins though.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 pm

emjel on December 7th, 2017, 3:33 pm wrote:

Do you really think that the nearly 200 FTD cd releases are going to have the 3 cd set way? :roll:.

What are you talking about??? Where in my reply does it talk about all of the FTDs getting 3 CD Treatment. Where has it been mentioned by anyone about 200 previous releases getting a 3 CD Set treatment. I think you are the one living in la la land. No doubt you will be campaigning for a 3 CD set of Roustabout and Kissin Cousins though.

You lose your temper too fast buddy.... :smt056.

Roustabout the Nº1 Hit album! 8). I already put you in the naysayers groupie, let me count: Doc, midnightx, r&b, emjel.... :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Roustabout the Nº1 Hit album! 8). I already put you in the naysayers groupie, let me count: Doc, midnightx, r&b, emjel.... :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Excellent news. As long as you are not in the group, sanity should persevere. Oh, looks like you forgot to include The Pirate. See you cannot get anything right can you. :facep:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:18 pm

emjel on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm wrote:

Excellent news. As long as you are not in the group, sanity should persevere. Oh, looks like you forgot to include The Pirate. See you cannot get anything right can you. :facep:

Left out again. It's like being back at school, waiting to be picked for a team in P.E.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Greystoke on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:53 pm wrote:It's a no from me. Unless something unique or very much worthwhile to my mind is made available. But I've never been eager to keep buying duplicate releases and won't be doing that for the sake of a few alternate takes or outtakes.

I agree with almost everything you said. I might be tempted to buy one or two, just to check it out. But as Ernst said, it's hardly a good listening experience...and I'm in it for the music.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 pm

There you go eh, create a poll but if you don't choose one of the options the pollster wants you to you are labelled a "naysayer".Charming.

norrie

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm

The Pirate on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 am wrote:Do what you like.

A better summation we will not see, thank you.

Bear in mind, though, that this will be seen as "attacking" another member, not a cogent reality check.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm buying them and im keeping my old ones! Bye for now! :smt006 :sosorry: :wtf: ::rocks

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 pm

The Pirate on December 7th, 2017, 5:18 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm wrote:

Left out again. It's like being back at school, waiting to be picked for a team in P.E.

Yes sorry you´re left out, remember you have a collecting disease... :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:23 am

The Pirate on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 am wrote:

:smt005

I know what you mean. Sometimes it was so bad for me when playing dodgeball that, if I wanted to get out of it, I had to go out of my way to make myself known, and even THAT didn't work sometimes.