Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

'Elvis: The Last Movies' FTD review

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 am

My good friend YDKM was not happy with the newest FTD soundtrack release!
YDKM on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 am wrote::| without doubt this last movies FTD is going to get the least # plays by me its pretty awful and i wish i'd never bought it!~ :sosorry:

However I did think it a fine compile of the music from the three Last Movies
- I guess if you don't like those soundtracks it is not worth bothering with.

Ian Garfield has just written a 3000+ word review on the set for EIN.
It's a cute review..
'Elvis:The Last Movies' FTD Review: Charro!, The trouble with girls, Change Of Habit, finally Elvis’ last soundtrack recordings are brought together in a cohesive release that works as a companion set for the FTD 7” Classic Album series.
“The Last Movies” contains outtakes and an informative illustrated 16-page booklet with rare memorabilia and photos.
In this period Elvis' voice had matured and the sound of ‘68/’69 was a great musical turning point for Elvis with the NBC TV special and the Memphis sessions. While some of the movie compositions were not as good as he deserved, with Elvis sounding vocally great at this time what does this new Classic Soundtrack have to offer?
The one disc contains previously unreleased material, including "rough mixes" and also multiple outtakes from 'The Trouble With Girls' 'Almost' session.
EIN contributor Ian Garfield checks out this new FTD Classic soundtrack album release....

>>>
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... track.html

Cheers
Piers

Re: 'Elvis: The Last Movies' FTD review

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 am

Thank you for the heads up.
I've read the article - it's a nice read, focusing on each song, and it urges me to buy this "FTD escape", reminding how much I liked the DF outing. Since I have a soft spot for Almost, the (almost - padron the pun) complete session of it would be nice to hear. Thanks!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks
I like to read detailed reviews by fans who knows the subject,will read later when I get the time :)

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm

I thought it was curious that at the bottom of the review it read "Forthcoming Attraction - Elvis On Tour" - do you guys know something the rest of us don't?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Nice review.Thanks for sharing.I'd be interested in what that "Forthcoming Attraction - Elvis On Tour" means too.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:39 pm

joekro1977 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:27 pm wrote:I thought it was curious that at the bottom of the review it read "Forthcoming Attraction - Elvis On Tour" - do you guys know something the rest of us don't?

Could be a reference to a review of the 'Elvis On Tour' exhibition at the O2 Arena, London.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Great ftd.
Not be happy?.
What are you a.ll doing.
You People starting to be a bunch of bitches.
Has nothing to Do with being an elvis fan pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:15 pm

PiersEIN on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 am wrote:http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ftd_review_ ... track.html

Great review...thanks for posting.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

A spot on review..excellent.!!

::rocks

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 am

PiersEIN on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 am wrote:My good friend YDKM was not happy with the newest FTD soundtrack release!
YDKM on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 am wrote::| without doubt this last movies FTD is going to get the least # plays by me its pretty awful and i wish i'd never bought it!~ :sosorry:

It's a cute review..
'Elvis:The Last Movies' FTD Review: Charro!, The trouble with girls, Change Of Habit, finally Elvis’ last soundtrack recordings are brought together in a cohesive release that works as a companion set for the FTD 7” Classic Album series.
“The Last Movies” contains outtakes and an informative illustrated 16-page booklet with rare memorabilia and photos.
In this period Elvis' voice had matured and the sound of ‘68/’69 was a great musical turning point for Elvis with the NBC TV special and the Memphis sessions. While some of the movie compositions were not as good as he deserved, with Elvis sounding vocally great at this time what does this new Classic Soundtrack have to offer?
The one disc contains previously unreleased material, including "rough mixes" and also multiple outtakes from 'The Trouble With Girls' 'Almost' session.
EIN contributor Ian Garfield checks out this new FTD Classic soundtrack album release....

>>>

Cheers
Piers

Great review. Very much enjoyed playing the CD over and over Piers. :D

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:58 am

a mess of polk salad on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 am wrote:
PiersEIN on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 am wrote:My good friend YDKM was not happy with the newest FTD soundtrack release!

It's a cute review..

>>>

Cheers
Piers

Great review. Very much enjoyed playing the CD over and over Piers. :D

Glad you enjoyed it.
Really, you can thank Ian who loves investigating these later soundtrack sessions.
Cheers
Piers

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 am

Great EIN review.

I'll pass on this FTD, though. It has too little 'new' stuff to offer for me. And the numerous outtakes of 'Almost' are not my cup of tea. I'll stick to my Double Features CD.