Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Teri, Edy ... and Elvis --> 1962!

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 am

elvis-fan on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm wrote:Teri's diagnosis came in 1999, after about 17 years of feeling its effects and not knowing what was causing them. She also suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm that almost took her life back in 2006. Since going public with her MS battle in 2002, Hollywood has shut her out, which is sad. Her medications to control the disease have also caused her to "puff up." But she is a trouper.

Do you own the DVD of "Girls! Girls! Girls!"? Can you help with my query?

Wish I did... I've been trying to get it for a while now without success. I've tried looking up the cast list of names for Girls! Girls!! Girls! but without pictures of most of the actors, it impossible to tell who's who.
It's heartbreaking what happened to Teri... the same disease that took the life of Annette Funicello.

That's correct. Thanks for trying to help with my query.

What I am specifically asking, though, is can anyone confirm that the ladies in my original post all appear in the finished film.

Can anyone speed through the movie on DVD and take a look?

If they do not appear, it either means their moment was cut out, or that they were visiting the set for PR purposes only.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter on December 7th, 2017, 1:36 am wrote:
elvis-fan on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:35 pm wrote:Teri's diagnosis came in 1999, after about 17 years of feeling its effects and not knowing what was causing them. She also suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm that almost took her life back in 2006. Since going public with her MS battle in 2002, Hollywood has shut her out, which is sad. Her medications to control the disease have also caused her to "puff up." But she is a trouper.

Do you own the DVD of "Girls! Girls! Girls!"? Can you help with my query?

Wish I did... I've been trying to get it for a while now without success. I've tried looking up the cast list of names for Girls! Girls!! Girls! but without pictures of most of the actors, it impossible to tell who's who.
It's heartbreaking what happened to Teri... the same disease that took the life of Annette Funicello.

That's correct. Thanks for trying to help with my query.

What I am specifically asking, though, is can anyone confirm that the ladies in my original post all appear in the finished film.

Can anyone speed through the movie on DVD and take a look?

If they do not appear, it either means their moment was cut out, or that they were visiting the set for PR purposes only.

Mike Windgren wrote: I have the DVD movie and Teri Garr is not in the cast. I´ve checked the FTD cd release as well for those who care, just in case! :wink:. Doc will not value my contribution anyway.... :roll:.

I knew you wouldn´t value my contribution on what I posted..... :wtf:.

There is a new Elvis movie book by your friend Alan Hanson: Elvis: The Movies, that just came out :wink:. Why don´t you ask him! :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:07 am

Mike Windgren on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote: I have the DVD movie and Teri Garr is not in the cast. I´ve checked the FTD cd release as well for those who care, just in case! :wink:. Doc will not value my contribution anyway.... :roll:.

I knew you wouldn´t value my contribution on what I posted.....

You only posted your reply a half hour ago.

I appreciate your effort, but I asked for something specific.

I want confirmation ALL the ladies appear in the finished film. This means reviewing the DVD. This means confirming all four women seen with Elvis in the OP, the ones in the striped shirts. Your posts indicate you did not do that. But thanks anyway.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm

drjohncarpenter on December 7th, 2017, 2:07 am wrote:
Mike Windgren on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm wrote:

I knew you wouldn´t value my contribution on what I posted.....

You only posted your reply a half hour ago.

I appreciate your effort, but I asked for something specific.

I want confirmation ALL the ladies appear in the finished film. This means reviewing the DVD. This means confirming all four women seen with Elvis in the OP, the ones in the striped shirts. Your posts indicate you did not do that. But thanks anyway.

Sorry you didn´t....., you thanked elvis-fan instead! :roll:. I took the time to watch the credits on the DVD and neither her or the other girls are there, that´s a fact.

I told you about her because the mayority on this topic, me included, think the blond girl with the long hair is not Teri Garr, hence my reply. You´re welcome anyway ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 am wrote:Sorry you didn´t....., you thanked elvis-fan instead! I took the time to watch the credits on the DVD and neither her or the other girls are there, that´s a fact.

I really don't know what else to say to you.

My request was quite clear, and I acknowledged your effort exactly 45 minutes after you made your reply.

And this was despite the fact that it was not what I asked.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Another uncredited role for Edy Williams around this time was as a chorus girl, in an episode of TV's "The Twilight Zone":

620504_w Cliff Robertson_Twilight Zone.jpg

With actor Cliff Robertson in "The Dummy" (CBS-TV's "The Twilight Zone" - Friday, May 4, 1962)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734636/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Off topic personal attacks will be removed. That is and always has been the policy here for everyone. If you disagree with the OP then make your case without personal attacks. Thank you.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am

Teri Garr is absolutely not in the Girls! Girls! Girls! photo's.

This seems obvious enough to most contributors on this topic anyway, but the lady in question also appears in the film itself enough to prove she is absolutely not Teri Garr.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:36 am

Doc did you contact "Alan Hanson" and asked him if he can find the info for you? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

P.S: Alan Hanson´s new Book Elvis: "The Movies" is available now at your favourite Elvis dealer! :wink:.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:45 pm

Isn´t it strange that Doc who created this topic & believed the lady in the picture is "Teri Garr" and asked for help to prove him right or wrong has dissapeared on this topic? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 pm

With respect to the topic....I was hoping to connect with Laurel Goodwin through the chance of her having a Facebook account and then asking her if she recalls who this lady was and if in fact if she thought this was a young Teri Garr...
Or this...
No such luck
(as she appears to have No Facebook account)
If anyone knows how to be able to connect with her another way....please try.....as she might have the answer.

As I think it would be important knowing for sure by someone who was there to shed light on this...as it would be important to determine what would be expected from any thread started to try and come up with real truth.
(So to speak)

I thought of going through Stella Stevens too,
Sadly I found she does or did have an Facebook account..

However, bad news there too, she is reported as of a year ago or so, being in a senior home with dementia.
https://www.nationalenquirer.com/photos ... -dementia/
(Yes...I know it's coming from the Enquirer, :facep: but it is mentioned on her Facebook forum too)
(Very Sad) and just as sad hearing about what has taken place with Teri Garr with having M/S too.

Other things I tried, was to see if there was some kind of list of models available from Paramount or the various people or departments who were involved in the movie.

Again, a dead end.

Anyway....the odds are this is Not Teri Garr
(in my opinion, as already mentioned numerous times.)...
No big deal if it is or isn't and no big deal either if the Doc is wrong...everyone makes mistakes...if he wants to go on thinking it's Teri Garr so be it....it's his thread.
He thinks he's right and I think I'm right.

It would be nice tho for a real fact to come forward by someone, just to beable to prove what he believes is right or what others believe the other way around....

My intention is not to be rude nor cause embarrassment for the Doc if he's proven wrong. If he's right he gets the pat on the back.... :D

So, pretty much done with it....hope someone is able to come forward with a fact & confirm one way or another...

PEP 8)

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Mike Windgren on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:36 pm wrote:Doc did you contact "Alan Hanson" and asked him if he can find the info for you?

I'm not comfortable doing that. However, if you would like to direct him to this topic to review the photos of the women in my OP, and my observations, that would be terrific. Thank you for making the suggestion, he is a true Elvis scholar.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Mike Windgren on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 am wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Doc did you contact "Alan Hanson" and asked him if he can find the info for you? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

P.S: Alan Hanson´s new Book Elvis: "The Movies" is available now at your favourite Elvis dealer! :wink:.

look forward to this one, just ordered it !

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:32 am

Since some seem unable to clearly recognize in the photos the young ladies I identified as Edy and Teri, I have done a little more digging.

In Teri Garr's 2005 autobiography, she writes about being a VERY ambitious, Los Angeles teen-aged dancer/actress:

051103_Speedbumps_Garr.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p26.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p27.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p28.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p29.jpg

Teri Garr, Speedbumps: Flooring It Through Hollywood (New York: Hudson Street Press, November 3, 2005)

What we learn is interesting:

- as far back as when she was 14 (circa 1958), she was Hollywood-determined
- she had an "in" because her mom worked at NBC Burbank
- at 16 (circa 1961) she had her own car and drove to countless auditions
- for a bit part she told make-up person to make her look "at least 18"
- in May 1962 (17 years old) won role as Velma in road company version of "West Side Story" at the Moulin Rouge in Hollywood

All of this establishes the fact that Garr was indeed working in Hollywood in the early 1960s. But of course I knew it was her (and Edy Williams) in the Paramount photos before reading any of this. Because it looks exactly like them.

-----

Another theory about the photos in the opening post is that they were just PR shots, and none of the women appeared in the film (so far I have no confirmation either way on this). Perhaps the girls were all related to the "West Side Story" stage production that Teri wrote about. Or they were part of a dance studio group. How she got to do the PR shots with Elvis and his two co-stars (Goodwin, Stevens) in that blue bikini is another conundrum, but it could have been due to her mom's connections, or her own sunny ambition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:41 pm

drjohncarpenter on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:32 pm wrote:Since some seem unable to clearly recognize in the photos the young ladies I identified as Edy and Teri, I have done a little more digging.

In Teri Garr's 2005 autobiography, she writes about being a VERY ambitious, Los Angeles teen-aged dancer/actress:

051103_Speedbumps_Garr.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p26.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p27.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p28.jpg

051103_Speedbumps_Garr_p29.jpg

Teri Garr, Speedbumps: Flooring It Through Hollywood (New York: Hudson Street Press, November 3, 2005)

What we learn is interesting:

- as far back as when she was 14 (circa 1958), she was Hollywood-determined
- she had an "in" because her mom worked at NBC Burbank
- at 16 (circa 1961) she had her own car and drove to countless auditions
- for a bit part she told make-up person to make her look "at least 18"
- in May 1962 (17 years old) won role as Velma in road company version of "West Side Story" at the Moulin Rouge in Hollywood

All of this establishes the fact that Garr was indeed working in Hollywood in the early 1960s. But of course I knew it was her (and Edy Williams) in the Paramount photos before reading any of this. Because it looks exactly like them.

-----

Another theory about the photos in the opening post is that they were just PR shots, and none of the women appeared in the film (so far I have no confirmation either way on this). Perhaps the girls were all related to the "West Side Story" stage production that Teri wrote about. Or they were part of a dance studio group. How she got to do the PR shots with Elvis and his two co-stars (Goodwin, Stevens) in that blue bikini is another conundrum, but it could have been due to her mom's connections, or her own sunny ambition.

:facep:

What do you mean you have had no confirmation whether any of the women in the photos were in the film? I stated only a few posts ago that the lady in question (from the GGG photos) is in the film enough to know it's absolutely not Teri Garr.

And you didn't even need the DVD to discover that either. Within a few minutes searching youtube I had found two videos of scenes from the movie featuring the lady in question (the lady who is clearly not Teri). Wearing the costume from the photos in one scene, and later as a dancer. Give it a try.

So you have been 'digging' in the wrong places. And you are reading the wrong pages of Teri's book too.

To have referenced her book and then not even check and reference what she says about actually working with Elvis in the book is not very impressive research at all.

Read instead where she later details how she passed the audition for her first job in an Elvis movie on Viva Las Vegas after being in (choreographer of VLV) David Winters' dance classes together with Ann-Margret and Toni Basil (also a dancer in VLV). And how it was Ann-Margret herself that requested Winters to be the choreographer on the movie, which he accepted and then invited his class to audition (March 1963).

"I was on my way" Teri says (after getting the chorus line dancer job in Viva Las Vegas)

Then read how she talks about how big a deal Elvis was to her ever since she'd heard Hard Headed Woman whilst still strictly a ballet dancer and ask yourself why she never mentions the film Girls! Girls! Girls! (made some 2 years before VLV) which you still insist she was there for.

She never mentions GGG (1962) because she never met Elvis until the Viva Las Vegas (1964) job - as detailed in her book.

Not a mention in her book of the movie GGG, which, if she had been the lady in the photos you continue to misidentify her as, would have found her not only in photos but acting AND dancing in the movie AND pictured on the poster!

She never mentions GGG (1962) because the mystery lady in the GGG photos and the movie is absolutely not Teri Garr (and doesn't even look like her to begin with).

And that seems to have been the general consensus on this topic to begin with, doesn't it. That the lady in the photos does not even look like Teri Garr to begin with.

There are the facts for anyone that may be interested.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:21 am

goldbelt on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 am wrote:What do you mean you have had no confirmation ...

To be perfectly honest, almost since you began posting on this forum in 2014, you have spent a lot of time aggressively trying to discredit my contributions. In fact, you well know that admin have already removed several of your postings on this topic that violate our guidelines. So whatever words you type here, whatever claims you make, are not ones I can trust. So you do not need to continue on, because they will not matter.

One interesting thing here is the fixation with one of the two ladies I singled out. No one is questioning my noticing Edy Williams. So it seems I am at least batting .500 with the handful of naysayers.

I posted this topic up because I am a fan of Teri and Edy, and was super-pleased to see both of them photographed with Elvis on the Paramount set of "Girls! Girls! Girls!" I've been kind enough to reply to questions asked, and found my observations only more readily confirmed. If I pick up a copy of the 1962 film. I will determine whether the gals in the OP appear in the film itself.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:50 am

According to this website , Fun in Acapulco was her 1st Elvis movie appearance. It does not list Girls,Girls,Girls as her being in the cast. here is the site -Elvis women in movies - http://elviswomen.greggers.net/garrteri.htm

Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:14 am

drjohncarpenter on December 10th, 2017, 12:21 am wrote:
goldbelt on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:41 am wrote:What do you mean you have had no confirmation ...

To be perfectly honest, almost since you began posting on this forum in 2014, you have spent a lot of time aggressively trying to discredit my contributions. In fact, you well know that admin have already removed several of your postings on this topic that violate our guidelines. So whatever words you type here, whatever claims you make, are not ones I can trust. So you do not need to continue on, because they will not matter.

One interesting thing here is the fixation with one of the two ladies I singled out. No one is questioning my noticing Edy Williams. So it seems I am at least batting .500 with the handful of naysayers.

I posted this topic up because I am a fan of Teri and Edy, and was super-pleased to see both of them photographed with Elvis on the Paramount set of "Girls! Girls! Girls!" I've been kind enough to reply to questions asked, and found my observations only more readily confirmed. If I pick up a copy of the 1962 film. I will determine whether the gals in the OP appear in the film itself.

Doc you really don´t need to pick up a copy, I´ve the dvd and checked the cast and none of those girls are there, I told you.... :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:36 am

drjohncarpenter on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm wrote:

So whatever words you type here, whatever claims you make, are not ones I can trust. So you do not need to continue on, because they will not matter.

Right back at you. However, my posts are for the readers that DO appreciate the relevant information I have provided. No surprise to find you declare you are not among them, but you seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares whether you are convinced otherwise or not. The information is there, ignore it if you wish.

1) My lengthy post was well observed, well researched and it also shared new and interesting information in this topic about Teri Garr's career with regard to the first Elvis movie she was in, Viva Las Vegas, and how the opportunity to audition arose from her being in the same dance classes as Ann-Margret, Toni Basil and the movie's choreographer.

2) My post also detailed how Elvis was a big deal to Teri ever since she heard 'Hard Headed Woman' while still studying strictly ballet.

That's interesting information which you had neither found nor shared.

Will it crop up in one of your future posts, or edits? :lol:

That you, as a self proclaimed fan of Teri Garr, place no value on the sharing of that interesting information is almost as baffling as why you, as a fan of Teri, still seem intent to insist that she is in the GGG photos when she obviously isn't - and that's even after referencing her autobiography. Has anyone even bothered to check whether you are correct about Edy?

Actually, it's not baffling at all.

Carry on.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:15 am

Mike Windgren on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Doc you really don´t need to pick up a copy, I´ve the dvd and checked the cast and none of those girls are there, I told you....

Thanks.

Have you been able to direct "Alan Hanson" to this topic to review the photos of the women in my OP, and my observations?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:10 pm

drjohncarpenter on December 10th, 2017, 9:15 am wrote:
Mike Windgren on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:14 pm wrote:Doc you really don´t need to pick up a copy, I´ve the dvd and checked the cast and none of those girls are there, I told you....

Thanks.

Have you been able to direct "Alan Hanson" to this topic to review the photos of the women in my OP, and my observations?

No Doc, to tell you the truth I´m not really interested on knowing if she was at that movie or not, I´m not a fan of her but I respect her!.

I was just trying to help you to find out if she was at that particular movie or not when I checked the cast in the dvd :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Mike Windgren on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am wrote:I´ve the dvd and checked the cast and none of those girls are there

Hi Mike, there are many ladies in the movie , and some appear in uncredited roles.

To be clear, the mystery lady in question is definitely in the movie, acting in the role of a waitress and wearing the costume worn in the photos in the opening post. She also appears as one of the dancers later in the movie. She is certainly not Teri Garr though, but that was obvious from the opening post.

Just a few minutes checking youtube would have told the opening poster that the costumes worn in the photos in the opening post were those of the waitresses in the film - and it didn't take long to locate the mystery lady in the clips from the film either.

If anyone wishes to add the clips or screen caps to this topic, that's up to them.

I suspect most drew their own conclusions long ago about this topic, but it was neat to discover how the auditions for Viva Las Vegas (1964) came about and how it gave Teri Garr her first chance to meet Elvis (who had been a big deal to her since hearing Hard Headed Woman) in the process.

That's information any fan of Teri's should have found interesting.

:smt023

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:29 pm

goldbelt on December 10th, 2017, 5:32 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 am wrote:I´ve the dvd and checked the cast and none of those girls are there

Hi Mike, there are many ladies in the movie , and some appear in uncredited roles.

To be clear, the mystery lady in question is definitely in the movie, acting in the role of a waitress and wearing the costume worn in the photos in the opening post. She also appears as one of the dancers later in the movie. She is certainly not Teri Garr though, but that was obvious from the opening post.

Just a few minutes checking youtube would have told the opening poster that the costumes worn in the photos in the opening post were those of the waitresses in the film - and it didn't take long to locate the mystery lady in the clips from the film either.

If anyone wishes to add the clips or screen caps to this topic, that's up to them.

I suspect most drew their own conclusions long ago about this topic, but it was neat to discover how the auditions for Viva Las Vegas (1964) came about and how it gave Teri Garr her first chance to meet Elvis (who had been a big deal to her since hearing Hard Headed Woman) in the process.

That's information any fan of Teri's should have found interesting.

:smt023

I was talking of course about the four names Doc mentioned, they are definitely not in the movie if you check the credit cast.... :wink:. The mysterious girl I´ve no clue!. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Mike Windgren on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:10 am wrote:
drjohncarpenter on December 10th, 2017, 9:15 am wrote:Thanks.

No Doc, to tell you the truth I´m not really interested on knowing if she was at that movie or not, I´m not a fan of her but I respect her!.

I was just trying to help you to find out if she was at that particular movie or not when I checked the cast in the dvd

As before, I was hoping to find out about all four girls seen in the OP. But thanks anyway.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:17 am

goldbelt on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:36 am wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:21 pm wrote:

So whatever words you type here, whatever claims you make, are not ones I can trust. So you do not need to continue on, because they will not matter.

Right back at you. However, my posts are for the readers that DO appreciate the relevant information I have provided. No surprise to find you declare you are not among them, but you seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares whether you are convinced otherwise or not. The information is there, ignore it if you wish.

1) My lengthy post was well observed, well researched and it also shared new and interesting information in this topic about Teri Garr's career with regard to the first Elvis movie she was in, Viva Las Vegas, and how the opportunity to audition arose from her being in the same dance classes as Ann-Margret, Toni Basil and the movie's choreographer.

2) My post also detailed how Elvis was a big deal to Teri ever since she heard 'Hard Headed Woman' while still studying strictly ballet.

That's interesting information which you had neither found nor shared.

Will it crop up in one of your future posts, or edits? :lol:

That you, as a self proclaimed fan of Teri Garr, place no value on the sharing of that interesting information is almost as baffling as why you, as a fan of Teri, still seem intent to insist that she is in the GGG photos when she obviously isn't - and that's even after referencing her autobiography. Has anyone even bothered to check whether you are correct about Edy?

Actually, it's not baffling at all.

Carry on.

Thanks for all the great infos you have shared with us in this topic. Very well done.