Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out Now!

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 pm

FB_IMG_1511985662390.jpg

It's that time already, folks. This is what the latest issue – available to buy from http://www.nowdigthis.co.uk – has to offer...

+ Chance Meeting on Sunset Boulevard in June 1968
+ The Future of Follow That Dream with Ernst Jorgensen
+ Hits Of The '80s - El's chart placings 1980 - '89
+ From Madison Square Garden to...Sheffield!
+ Cincinnati '77 - I Feel My Temperature Rising
+ Elvis UK Revisited Part Three
+ Readers' letters
+ CD, Book & Blu-ray reviews
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 pm

We're assuming there will be much mulling over the interview with Ernst on here!

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am

+ The Future of Follow That Dream with Ernst Jorgensen

This should stop all the speculation and surmising from all of us...


Cincinnati '77 - I Feel My Temperature Rising


Holy Shi*, Batman. The final time I saw Elvis in concert gets an article all by itself... Hurry Mr. Postman drop this one in my mailbox.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 am

Thanks Garfield for the heads-up!

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 am

A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Garfield on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 pm wrote:Image

It's that time already, folks. This is what the latest issue – available to buy from http://www.nowdigthis.co.uk – has to offer...

+ Chance Meeting on Sunset Boulevard in June 1968
+ The Future of Follow That Dream with Ernst Jorgensen
+ Hits Of The '80s - El's chart placings 1980 - '89
+ From Madison Square Garden to...Sheffield!
+ Cincinnati '77 - I Feel My Temperature Rising
+ Elvis UK Revisited Part Three
+ Readers' letters
+ CD, Book & Blu-ray reviews

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:08 am

drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 am

Yes!!

I just placed my order - can't wait to read the interview with Ernst!

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Yep, the December issue is out and it's sitting on my lap as I type! Looks to be another bumper issue with some interesting topics.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:59 pm

jon_burrows on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 am wrote:Yep, the December issue is out and it's sitting on my lap as I type! Looks to be another bumper issue with some interesting topics.


Is the Ernst interview interesting?

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Mike C on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:59 pm wrote:
jon_burrows on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 am wrote:Yep, the December issue is out and it's sitting on my lap as I type! Looks to be another bumper issue with some interesting topics.


Is the Ernst interview interesting?


I'm at work now so I haven't had time to read it all yet.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 pm

poormadpeter2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?

Thank you for posting yet another example of how you try to "bait" people on this forum. Your hypocrisy knows no limits.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:54 pm

midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 am wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!



Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?



Thank you for posting yet another example of how you try to "bait" people on this forum. Your hypocrisy knows no limits.



And apparently his mean-spiritedness as well.

My post was a sincere endorsement of a GREAT magazine, with this month marking its 29th year.

And this is what he chooses to post on the topic, making fun of that endorsement.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:00 pm

midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:31 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?

Thank you for posting yet another example of how you try to "bait" people on this forum. Your hypocrisy knows no limits.


And that's exactly what you do every time you say something sarcastic about Jarvis to shoehorn him into a conversation. But you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you?

But you know what? At least I admit to what I do, rather than trying to hide after.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 pm

poormadpeter2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:
midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:31 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?

Thank you for posting yet another example of how you try to "bait" people on this forum. Your hypocrisy knows no limits.


And that's exactly what you do every time you say something sarcastic about Jarvis to shoehorn him into a conversation. But you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you?

I don't know about that, I simply was pointing our your ongoing hypocrisy. Of course you justify your "baiting" and "wind-ups" as if you are entitled to enlighten others with some sort of lesson. The reality is that you are one of the biggest troublemakers on this forum; you constantly lecture others and then do the very things you accuse them of doing. It is very twisted and a bit disturbing.

poormadpeter2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:But you know what? At least I admit to what I do, rather than trying to hide after.

You have not admitted anything; you are essentially blaming others for your actions. You say and do what you want at all times and never take responsibility.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:24 am

midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:
midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:31 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm wrote:
drjohncarpenter on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm wrote:A must-purchase, four times a year, every year!


Indeed. How else do we get to know the truth about how awful I'm a Roustabout is?

Thank you for posting yet another example of how you try to "bait" people on this forum. Your hypocrisy knows no limits.


And that's exactly what you do every time you say something sarcastic about Jarvis to shoehorn him into a conversation. But you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, do you?

I don't know about that, I simply was pointing our your ongoing hypocrisy. Of course you justify your "baiting" and "wind-ups" as if you are entitled to enlighten others with some sort of lesson. The reality is that you are one of the biggest troublemakers on this forum; you constantly lecture others and then do the very things you accuse them of doing. It is very twisted and a bit disturbing.

poormadpeter2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:But you know what? At least I admit to what I do, rather than trying to hide after.

You have not admitted anything; you are essentially blaming others for your actions. You say and do what you want at all times and never take responsibility.


Disturbing and twisted? Oh dear.

And what, prey, have I done that is so awful? Let us all in on the secret.

It's an Elvis forum, not Gaslight.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 am

midnightx on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:24 pm wrote:
poormadpeter2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 pm wrote:But you know what? At least I admit to what I do, rather than trying to hide after.

You have not admitted anything; you are essentially blaming others for your actions. You say and do what you want at all times and never take responsibility.



And his behavior often derails topics, like what is happening here.

Maybe his next post will comment about the upcoming issue of EMM.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:41 am

It's THE essential magazine for serious Elvis fans. And they are Always spot on, just like the other time when they called the song Roustabout for what it is. He was spot on! You can Always count on them for honest reviews.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Let's all do TMAHM a big favour, and not post the contents of the interview with Ernst. Ok? Does that sound reasonable?

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:25 pm

The Pirate on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 am wrote:Let's all do TMAHM a big favour, and not post the contents of the interview with Ernst. Ok? Does that sound reasonable?


That is good idea!

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm

In the spirit of Christmas - couldn't we have an ittty bitty hint - like opening one present early. If not about Ernst's interview, then how about letting me know if the story about Elvis' final trip to Cincinnati is about the show and the Eurpoean fans trip to the states or about his walk around the streets of Cincy in hopes of finding a hotel with air conditioning that worked (hence the title of the article) ?

Call me a kid at heart.... :lol:

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:58 pm

ORION on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:40 pm wrote:In the spirit of Christmas - couldn't we have an ittty bitty hint - like opening one present early. If not about Ernst's interview, then how about letting me know if the story about Elvis' final trip to Cincinnati is about the show and the Eurpoean fans trip to the states or about his walk around the streets of Cincy in hopes of finding a hotel with air conditioning that worked (hence the title of the article) ?

Call me a kid at heart.... :lol:

The thing that bothers me is that every time there is a new release, or a new book, or a new magazine, within a day most of the contents have been 'shared' on here. Photographs, descriptions, the lot. Sometimes I wonder why anyone even bothers buying anything, just wait until it comes out and look on FECC. These things ship all over the world, and by the time TMAHM reaches some countries there's almost no point in reading it. I've got my copy, but how many others here are still waiting?

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Man, on one recent forum topic there's someone making a huge deal about a members forum signature photos, now in this topic there's someone trying to keep the contents of an article about the future of FTD a secret from other members on an ELVIS DISCUSSION FORUM. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone. :facep:

Pathetic.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Sometimes I think this is a kindergarden.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:30 pm

The future of FTD has the potential to be a major talking point on what is an ELVIS DISCUSSION FORUM.

Anyone waiting to read the magazine first only needs to avoid that particular topic discussion until they have done so.

It's not complicated.

Re: Elvis: The Man & His Music – December 2017 Issue – Out N

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Well, I'll spill the beans without giving away the contents - the article you've all been looking forward to about Ernst isn't actually very exciting or revealing.

Having read the issue this morning, I have to say I thought the most interesting piece is Luther Moore's fun detective work into the rumours about Elvis coming to Sheffield in the 1970s. In the great scheme of things, it's not going to rewrite Elvis history in a major way, but it's well-researched and well-written, and I'm a sucker for writers playing detective and coming up with answers.

All in all, I would say it's a much more interesting issue of the magazine than the last couple, which relied a little too much on "what if" scenarios for my liking.

Oh, and page 11, is wonderful, of course ;) What were those words again? "interesting," "revealing," "extensive," "impressive," "intelligent," "informed," "balanced," "sits comfortably alongside other serious works."

Well, someone did ask me in an earlier post to talk about the magazine, right? :wink: