Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Lot of fakes from UK seller ?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:21 am

Hello Everyone

Its Mark at we buy Elvis,

We are selling the collection on behalf of one of Europes leading collectors.I am guided by what he wants for his items and everything is priced accordingly.
The collection has been amassed over the last forty years and has taken lots and lots of dedication to put together.My customer has travelled to Memphis over sixty times in pursuit of items for his collection.
A lot of the items are extremely hard to track down, some are near impossible.All are genuine and most are of investment grade.When this is all said and done I would respectfully suggest that my customer is perfectly entitled to ask what he wants for his items. We have sold many, many items in the last seven months so lots of people have acknowledged the quality of the collection.
As I have previously posted every single item has a best buy offer and I am very generous in applying discounts whenever I am able.Why not try a best offer.You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks again for allowing me to post answers to your questions.

All the best

Mark Wilkins
mark@webuyelvis.com
www.webuyelvis.com

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:39 am

We Buy Elvis on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am wrote:As we all know South American releases are exceptionally difficult to find.

They aren't exceptionally difficult to find around these parts, that's my point. Of course you won't see a hundred copies of pre-1972 records (in 1972 or so they started producing more copies of our records) appearing out of nowhere in a day, but with enough patience and the right contacts you'll find most of them in reasonable time. As I said: with the price that's being asked for the Christmas LP I bought every single Brazilian record listed there, and more. I do understand that you're not the one making the prices, I'm just saying. Also, I reckon that the Christmas Album is desirable because of the different sleeve, but even the circa 1969 orange label reissue of "No Paraiso do Havai" (Paradise, Hawaiian Style) is rarer than that LP. Heck, the 1972 reissue of "Elvis É Assim" (TTWII) with the new catalogue number format (numbers instead of "LPS" etc) is rarer. I had about 4 copies of the Christmas LP until a couple of years ago when I gave one to a friend, sold the extra 2 and kept the best one I found, which is a legitimate VG+ copy. I mention "legitimate" because when we're talking Brazilian records you'll find a lot of polished trash - I can go into details about the habit of polishing records that exists here, if you want. A lot of people from around the world buy copies of our records thinking that they are buying NM copies and what they're getting are polished records - and they find it out as soon as they listen to those G+ records with the looks of new vinyl. Beware of sellers like Zico and Chicão from São Paulo - I don't remember the last time I saw a non-polished record from them, and they have a reputation of selling material for a lot of money while treating their customers like garbage (unless you're a rich snob who just throws money away without caring - that's the kind of customer they like). Mafer from São Paulo also has the habit of polishing material, and they sell at eBay, so beware.

My point is only to make the good people of this forum aware that while it's nice to collect stuff from other countries, maybe it would be for the best if you start talking to someone from said country who collects their national discography to find out what's rare and what's not. Possibly they would be surprised if they knew what's actually rare around here. By the way, most of the Brazilian Elvis listings in Discogs were made by me (under the nickname MitsuharuSan), so people could start by searching over there. I also corrected a lot of mistakes from other listings in the past, including listings of Brazilian Beatles' records (which also are "victims" of huge prices and huge misinformation). I have zero interest in making my collection "valuable" by spreading misinformation, so anyone interested in knowing more about Brazilian records can contact me with no problems whatsoever. I just enjoy our discography for what it is, and I couldn't care less if the first pressing of BKL-60 (black label) isn't rare, for example.

There is also the cost of getting these records to Europe and the USA which involves customs charges, postage charges etc, etc. These releases are always going to end up thousands of miles away at a higher cost.The same goes for Asia.

Fair enough, but still some of you good folks are paying too much for our records. I visit eBay from time to time, I know that our sellers aren't really the best source of prices out there. And they're quite glad to sell you those "OMG SO RARE" Brazilian records for a lot of money. :D I remember when Tim Maia records were, like, half of the price that they're are now and we already thought that they were expensive. :lol:

Billy Blues-I would really be interested in purchasing lots of South American releases from you if you can find them for the prices that you can.Please get in contact-it would be great to buy more of these releases.I have lots of customers looking for various South American releases. My contact details are below.

I wouldn't mind helping from time to time, but it's been already two years or so that I'm not keeping extra copies in my collection and slowed down on my hunting, only buying what I don't have already. Plus, as you may see from my profile, I haven't been much active around here because my daughter was born a few months ago and I have been too involved with her raising plus music (I'm working on my solo project). It hasn't been one of my top priorities to deal copies for trading/selling lately. I still have contact with some good friends who collect and trade, though, so I'm pretty aware of what's been happening with prices and copies floating around, that's why I'm pretty adamant on what's worth and what isn't. I can help with all the information I have, though, and that's a huge pleasure.

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks billy blues,

Congratulations on your new born.

Thanks for letting us know you could help the fans out with some cheap South American releases.Maybe you could help the European and North American collectors by posting some links to where we can buy them cheaply.I am sure we would all be very grateful. Thanks from everyone here for your offer of help.
You are a true gentleman.

Looking forward to seeing your links to some bargains

All the best

Mark Wilkins
Www.webuyelvis.com
Mark@webuyelvis.com

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 am

We Buy Elvis on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm wrote:Thanks billy blues,

Congratulations on your new born.

Thanks for letting us know you could help the fans out with some cheap South American releases.Maybe you could help the European and North American collectors by posting some links to where we can buy them cheaply.I am sure we would all be very grateful. Thanks from everyone here for your offer of help.
You are a true gentleman.

Looking forward to seeing your links to some bargains

Thanks, she's a blessing in my life!

As for the records... if you don't mind learning a bit of Portuguese and understanding the Brazilian coin, we have our "sort of eBay": http://www.mercadolivre.com.br. It's a good place to start.

It's kinda like eBay, really: means that some people over there are looking to make quick cash because of the website's huge visibility. You gotta understand the value of the Brazilian money first, talk to those who actually collect the records and know if it's worth it or not. Just because someone is listing a 1958 King Creole copy for R$350 over there doesn't mean that it's worth it - other copies sold for a lot less since that particular copy was first listed, that one didn't sell because the seller is asking too much. That's only an example, by the way, and hopefully you'll understand what I mean. And hey: I'm saying that for R$350 it's expensive, and even then that's less than half of what's being asked for that other copy on eBay. I guess that was a good example to make some things clear, after all. Of course, since we live in Brazil we can visit actual stores, talk to people in person and trade material with our fellow Brazilian pals. Sadly, that's the one thing I can't help much with, I guess. That's where most of our collections come from, at the end of the day. Mercado Livre and eBay are alike in the sense that it can be easier to find things there sometimes, but you'll probably pay more than if you visited an actual store and bought it in person. I know for a fact that some good friends of mine who were able to visit the USA paid a lot less than I did for certain US records which I bought online. Same happens here.

As I said: anyone in need of information can contact me and I'll help as possible, as long as people don't mind waiting a bit since I'm not always online and understand that, while I love Elvis and my collection, hunting records is not my biggest priority right now. I also would like to mention with no offense to anyone that it'll be a pleasure to help those who collect and share information, but I'm not very fond of sharing material for resale. I always believed in helping those who actually need it, and my experiences with stores or those who buy records only to immediately resell it weren't exactly great (not really a fan of seeing something with so much personal value become only an item passed around to make more and more money - I breath music, after all, and it means the world to me).

PS.: By the way, there's another thing which makes people elsewhere believe that our records are so rare: we never, ever had an extensive research done on our discography. When I started researching and talking to people about it, it immediately became clear that very few around here actually knew which labels were the originals, which were reissues, which records were reissued on which labels and so on. Yes, some of our older books had "Brazilian discographies" on them, but they weren't comprehensive. Most of the time they only listed what was released and when, without going any further into reissues, labels, etc. That created the sense that every record released here is scarce, let alone when people found a copy on a different label variation. And if our own people don't know about our discography, how can we expect any better from those who don't even live here, really? :lol: Our own "version" of the Elvis Collectors website had many mistakes in their pages of Brazilian records, including listing reissues as originals and other mistakes (you gotta love that the guy who wrote about it didn't even find it strange that if they were all original issues, then the RCA labels changed all the time, from LP to LP, going back and forth between variations in a same year :lol: ). So there's that. It makes a difference when you're not familiar with the country's discography and have to rely on said misinformations. A few years ago I started a collaboration with some good friends to gather correct information on our records, and I think that nowadays it's become A LOT more clearer to us what was released, when, and with which labels. All that information will probably be available for free in the future, it just takes time when you have to organize pictures, texts and have a life beyond Elvis to take care of! :mrgreen: That's why I started by correcting mistakes at databases like Discogs and am open to help those who need it via direct contact. It makes things easier. I know that there's a book on the South American records, and it gets things correctly mostly (if I'm not mistaken it mentions a black label edition of Golden Records vol. 1, which doesn't exist, but that was it, I think), but it's not meant to be about only one country, of course, which means that it's not that deep and comprehensive. It lists a reissue of our Christmas LP which I never ever seen, though, and I don't know a single soul around here who has it. Talk about being lucky and having the one item which is ellusive even in its own country.