Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Lot of fakes from UK seller ?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:10 pm

Mark is a great guy. He is disposing of an extremely large collection of top end Elvis. From my knowledge he has not dealt in fake items at all.

elvisonline

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm

The only thing that's fake are his prices ...

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Before vinyl was pressed: a part of the paperwork is a "listing notice". That's common practice .These two listing notices are for rejected releases.
The question is: Do you want to pay $$$$$ for it.

colonel snow

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

elvisonline on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:10 am wrote:Mark is a great guy. He is disposing of an extremely large collection of top end Elvis. From my knowledge he has not dealt in fake items at all.

elvisonline

I couldn't agree with you more, elvisonline :smt023

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:03 pm

ciscokid2000 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:06 am wrote:As I was told from a couple of expert US collectors this seller from UK came up with lot of counterfeits items for sale on eBay :

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_ ... is&_sop=10

I also got negative feedback from a previous collector who bought from Mark Wilkins time ago : he sold him a fake prototype item along a fake Extended Playing picture sleeve and when this collector realized that was a real fake..well just too late to leave negative feedback and asking refund, been screwed up.

Despite that, other items look 100% genuine. But, honestly speaking I would be just quite scared to buy from those people with no both certificate of provenience & certificate of originality for top $$$ items.

What's your opinion ?

You're not being fair to Mark, by not listing the experts and collector saying he's selling and/or sold counterfeits. Why didn't you list who they are?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Its Mark at We Buy Elvis here-hello to everyone.

Thanks for the positive posts on her.Great to see that.

I am afraid that Ciscokid2000 leaves me no alternate but to reply to their post in the strongest possible terms.

The items I am selling are the collection of one of the most active,knowledgable and prominent collectors in the world.He is a super guy and is well known, liked and respected by lots of fans worldwide.

It is We Buy Elvis policy to never, ever sell fakes or bootleg items.If we are not sure about an item we have a contact list of some of the most prominent collectors and dealers in the world.If they are not sure we don't bother with the item.We would never, ever knowingly sell anything untoward.I would rather sleep at night than have the extra money in the bank account.If we come across fake items it is our company policy to destroy the item and take it out of circulation.WE DO MORE than our bit to police the illegal activity of producing fakes and bootlegs.

We also have a full money back guarantee both inside and outside of E bay. If something slips our net and is found to be "not correct" we have a full money back guarantee that is warranted for the duration of our purchasers lifetime of ownership.
The purchase that you describe in your post is a complete and utter fabrication.We/I have NOT sold a prototype ep and the customer could not get a refund because "it was out of e bay time".No such sale has taken place. I am 100% confident that e bay would be able to back this statement up with written documentation.
We have thought everything through with our business so that people can deal with us with 100% confidence.There are so many people selling rubbish out there and I know, from personal experience, how miserable an experience it is to receive rubbish items. I did not want my customers to be put through such an awful experience.

As someone else has asked.Who are your expert sources???? I have no doubt that your "expert sources" are jealous competitors.I would even go further and bet a cent to a dollar that one of these "sources" is a person who wanted to buy parts of my customers collection but my customer decided to choose We Buy Elvis instead.

If I have made a mistake I will put my hand up but I am not prepared to put up with abuse as in the form of Ciscokidd2000 post.

I have broken my back building up We Buy Elvis.To protect my hard work against unscrupulous,jealous,ill informed individuals and companies I retain the services of Lawyers both in Europe and the United States.In instances as blatantly litigous as this I always instruct Lawyers to take further action.I will also be in contact with the moderators of this forum.

If anyone requires any further information you can contact me direct on mark@webuyelvis.com or through our website at www.webuyelvis.com

Thanks to everyone who has given us support.I really really appreciate it.

Mark Wilkins

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:17 pm

ciscokid2000 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm wrote:As I was told from a couple of expert US collectors this seller from UK came up with lot of counterfeits items for sale on eBay :

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_ ... is&_sop=10

I also got negative feedback from a previous collector who bought from Mark Wilkins time ago : he sold him a fake prototype item along a fake Extended Playing picture sleeve and when this collector realized that was a real fake..well just too late to leave negative feedback and asking refund, been screwed up.

Despite that, other items look 100% genuine. But, honestly speaking I would be just quite scared to buy from those people with no both certificate of provenience & certificate of originality for top $$$ items.

What's your opinion ?

I know the former owner of the collection and all the items are genuine
ZERO doubt .
But the price here on ebay are ......... :facep: :facep: :facep:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks Jess wade.

Really appreciate your words.

I am guided by the owner of the collection for the prices.
He has spent forty years building the collection so I suppose he is entitled to ask what he wants.

We have been selling lots of stuff but have not got as far as discussing what we will do with the stuff that has not sold.I suppose ultimately what is left is the stuff that is priced wrong?? Thats my theory anyway?! This is a disposal sale so ultimately who knows where things will end up ???

At the moment it hasn't been to much of a consideration because there is still so so much stuff to list on my store.This really is an awesome collection.Some of the stuff you just won't believe.I currently have 1200 items listed-around 1300 items have sold with about 4-5 thousand still to go.It will certainly keep me out of mischief for a while!!

Have a great evening and thanks for your interest.

Mark www.webuyelvis.com

Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 pm

We Buy Elvis on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:30 pm wrote:Thanks Jess wade.

Really appreciate your words.

I am guided by the owner of the collection for the prices.
He has spent forty years building the collection so I suppose he is entitled to ask what he wants.

We have been selling lots of stuff but have not got as far as discussing what we will do with the stuff that has not sold.I suppose ultimately what is left is the stuff that is priced wrong?? Thats my theory anyway?! This is a disposal sale so ultimately who knows where things will end up ???

At the moment it hasn't been to much of a consideration because there is still so so much stuff to list on my store.This really is an awesome collection.Some of the stuff you just won't believe.I currently have 1200 items listed-around 1300 items have sold with about 4-5 thousand still to go.It will certainly keep me out of mischief for a while!!

Have a great evening and thanks for your interest.

Mark http://www.webuyelvis.com

actually I saw Christian' collection and he sold me a few items for my own ebay shop :wink:
unfortunately I only bought a few cheap items, I didn't have the financial means to buy the expensive ones
Needless to say I couldn't buy things for my own collection :roll: :( :(
Anyway, this is really impressive . It must be very exciting to sell such beautiful items

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Thanks Jess Wade

Don't worry I am in the same boat as you-I couldn't afford to buy much.

I am very very lucky my customer has entrusted my company to sell it.As you say-awesome,awesome collection-so so much dedication and love has gone in to it.

Yes, as you say it is really exciting selling these items-after the James Bond actor I must have the best job in the world at the moment !!!

Thanks again

Have a great evening

Mark@ webuyelvis.com

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:01 am

We Buy Elvis on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:17 pm wrote:Its Mark at We Buy Elvis here-hello to everyone.

Thanks for the positive posts on her.Great to see that.

I am afraid that Ciscokid2000 leaves me no alternate but to reply to their post in the strongest possible terms.

The items I am selling are the collection of one of the most active,knowledgable and prominent collectors in the world.He is a super guy and is well known, liked and respected by lots of fans worldwide.

It is We Buy Elvis policy to never, ever sell fakes or bootleg items.If we are not sure about an item we have a contact list of some of the most prominent collectors and dealers in the world.If they are not sure we don't bother with the item.We would never, ever knowingly sell anything untoward.I would rather sleep at night than have the extra money in the bank account.If we come across fake items it is our company policy to destroy the item and take it out of circulation.WE DO MORE than our bit to police the illegal activity of producing fakes and bootlegs.

We also have a full money back guarantee both inside and outside of E bay. If something slips our net and is found to be "not correct" we have a full money back guarantee that is warranted for the duration of our purchasers lifetime of ownership.
The purchase that you describe in your post is a complete and utter fabrication.We/I have NOT sold a prototype ep and the customer could not get a refund because "it was out of e bay time".No such sale has taken place. I am 100% confident that e bay would be able to back this statement up with written documentation.
We have thought everything through with our business so that people can deal with us with 100% confidence.There are so many people selling rubbish out there and I know, from personal experience, how miserable an experience it is to receive rubbish items. I did not want my customers to be put through such an awful experience.

As someone else has asked.Who are your expert sources???? I have no doubt that your "expert sources" are jealous competitors.I would even go further and bet a cent to a dollar that one of these "sources" is a person who wanted to buy parts of my customers collection but my customer decided to choose We Buy Elvis instead.

If I have made a mistake I will put my hand up but I am not prepared to put up with abuse as in the form of Ciscokidd2000 post.

I have broken my back building up We Buy Elvis.To protect my hard work against unscrupulous,jealous,ill informed individuals and companies I retain the services of Lawyers both in Europe and the United States.In instances as blatantly litigous as this I always instruct Lawyers to take further action.I will also be in contact with the moderators of this forum.

If anyone requires any further information you can contact me direct on mark@webuyelvis.com or through our website at http://www.webuyelvis.com

Thanks to everyone who has given us support.I really really appreciate it.

Mark Wilkins

I have no beef in this but taking legal action against somebody who reports hearsay and stated that as such ("I was told") is a little bit thin, I assume.
But whatever.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:16 am

matilda on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:01 pm wrote:I have no beef in this but taking legal action against somebody who reports hearsay and stated that as such ("I was told") is a little bit thin, I assume.
But whatever.

ciscokid2000 referenced his sources as "couple of expert US collectors" and a "previous collector who bought from Mark Wilkins time ago" means more than somebody who reports hearsay imo.

I'm still waiting for ciscokid2000 to respond to my asking who they are?

Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:22 am

In court if somebody offers the opinion of somebody else, even if it is his own sister, when hard pressed it's called "hearsay".
Just because not a first hand acount by the person itself.
Just saying. ?.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:07 am

As with any rule, there are exceptions, and the hearsay rule has plenty of them.

ciscokid2000 created a topic "Lot of fakes from UK seller ?" and like I mentioned, he referenced his sources as "couple of expert US collectors" and a "previous collector who bought from Mark Wilkins time ago". ciscokid2000's chances of winning the court battle? Good luck with that.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:09 am

I would be very calm if someone sued me if I said something like he did.
Not implying it was ok what the OP wrote here.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:09 am

I bought some items from 'We buy Elvis' and was very satisfied. I made lot's of offers and did not have to pay the full price listed on some items.

::rocks

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello everyone,

It Mark at we buy Elvis with a few more observations.

The laws of most civilised countries in the world do not allow people to tell lies in a malicious manner in a public place.Hearsay or not.Hence the laws of liable and slander to protect innocent and honest people from malicious, jealous and reckless people.I guess we would all live in chaos and misery if such laws didn't exist.

I have read the guidelines on this forum and they clearly and expressly do not allow such posts.Again, this forum would be a pretty miserable place if people were allowed to make malicious and untrue statements in a bid to hurt people.The guidelines are there to make the forum a safe place.

Thanks for the positive comments.I am really pleased you were happy with your purchases Troubleman. Thanks for letting the forum know that I am happy to take offers on some of the items listed.

All the best everyone

Mark Wilkins -contact me direct on mark@webuyelvis or through our website www.webuyelvis.com

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Hello Everyone

Nice to see that the offensive post from Ciscokidd2000 has been removed.

Common sense and decency prevail

All the best to everyone

Mark
mark@webuyelvis.com
www.webuyelvis.com

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Mark, I just bought a couple of things from you on E-bay. I just want to thank you for accepting my offers, combining shipping and I also want to let everyone here know how great you are to do business with. I've been slowly adding memorabilia from Elvis' 1970 shows at the International to my collection over the years, the two pieces I bought today are beautiful additions, especially the bag, I've been wanting one of those for so long, I had never seen this particular one for sale anywhere, and I'm thrilled to not only find it, but now own it! Thank you again.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 am

Thanks Lover Doll

I really appreciate your kind words.It really goes along way with me after working so hard at my business to get nice comments.

Anything else I can ever do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Mark
mark@webuyelvis.com
www.webuyelvis.com

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 am

As a fellow Brazilian and a collector and researcher of the Brazilian discography, I have to say that the prices asked for our stuff are absurd. With all due respect. King Creole, for instance, is not a rare record by any means and we usually don't pay a lot for it. Same for all the others. Our Christmas LP also sold quite a number of copies, you folks from elsewhere just pay a lot for it because of the different sleeve. With the money which is being asked for it I basically bought every Brazilian record listed there over the years, and more.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Some nice items for sure, not so nice prices

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

even his shipping is "out of this world" more than $13 to send a poscard , stone me! :smt021

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Thanks again for the posts,

Please can I kindly refer you to the points I have made in the previous posts.For anyone who has missed them here we go.

I have far to much to list to be able to standardise postage on each individual item.As previously stated, if someone contacts me for a postage reduction I always oblige if I can. I understand my postage may look expensive if you compare the cost of sticking a postcard in an envelope to the way in which I send things out. Somebody buying a hundred pounds worth of rare postcard is not going to appreciate me sending it out in a three or four pound postage transaction.
I will only send out fully tracked,insured and signed for and I use custom made materials.

Some of the small items I have listed are valuable and I send out in oversize envelopes which I can further assure everyone are expensive to send.

Overall I can honestly say that I break even on my post and packing costs.

As previously stated my customer has been amassing this collection over the last forty years so is perfectly entitled to ask what he wants for things.I also would point out that there is a"best buy" offer button on 100% of the items listed.I have been generous in offering substantial discounts whenever I can.

As we all know South American releases are exceptionally difficult to find.There is also the cost of getting these records to Europe and the USA which involves customs charges, postage charges etc, etc. These releases are always going to end up thousands of miles away at a higher cost.The same goes for Asia.

Billy Blues-I would really be interested in purchasing lots of South American releases from you if you can find them for the prices that you can.Please get in contact-it would be great to buy more of these releases.I have lots of customers looking for various South American releases. My contact details are below.

Thanks to everyone and all the best

Mark Wilkins
mark@webuyelvis.com
www.webuyelvis.com

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:41 am

Just who's collection are these people selling? Am I missing something here? Eg: 'The Vegas Now Magazines' I've got these myself and even gave one to a fellow collector recently. Why the extortionate prices?

:wtf: