Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Swedish
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Movie roles offer?

Post by Swedish »

Are this info correct?
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image
Shakin' Stevens aka Michael Barratt March 4th 1948 - 36 Marcross Rd, Cardiff suburb of Ely, South Wales

TCBell

Re: Movie roles offer?

Post by TCBell »

Swedish on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:27 am wrote:Are this info correct?
1.png
I've read about these rumoured film roles before. I think it's probably true.

timothy_sideburns
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by timothy_sideburns »

I think the Hank Williams one is because Colonel Parker did have some involvement in that film. I doubt Elvis was ever a contender for that role but I think Parker owned the options on the film or something similar?

Elvis Fan70
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Elvis Fan70 »

Yes... it's true.

brian
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by brian »

Thunder Road is true. The others I don't think so. I don't think those other roles are true.

brian

Post by brian »

timothy_sideburns on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:33 am wrote:I think the Hank Williams one is because Colonel Parker did have some involvement in that film. I doubt Elvis was ever a contender for that role but I think Parker owned the options on the film or something similar?
He didn't. The story goes that Elvis was considered for the role but that Hank Williams ex-wife Audrey didn't want him because she felt he would become the focus of the movie. It would've become a movie starring Elvis rather than a film about Hank Williams and it would overshadow that. Audrey Williams was a consultant on that picture. Being considered is different than being offered the role.

timothy_sideburns
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Post by timothy_sideburns »

Greystoke on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 pm wrote:Your Cheatin` Heart moved into production on the back of Tom Parker pushing MGM to make a film about the life of Hank Williams. Which is something he had in mind for some years. He had envisioned Elvis in the role and was courting Sam Katzman to produce the film, but he stepped away from the project when it was being developed. Elvis, it seems, wouldn't have gotten the same publishing deal he was used to on Hank`s songs. And this was a major drawback for Parker.
Thank you I knew I had read something about Parker's involvement in getting it made.

lanadelslay
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by lanadelslay »

Since we on the same topic, is this true?
The Girl Can't Help It (1956) Elvis was offered the chance to perform a musical number in this semi-classic, albeit very campy, Jayne Mansfield comedy. But the colonel didn't like Elvis sharing the spotlight with several other singers.
They would've looked amazing on screen together

source: http://www.neatorama.com/2015/09/03/Unrealized-Elvis-Presley-Film-Projects/

brian

Post by brian »

Yes. I believe that is true. Parker probably also wanted more money than what they offered.