Guadalajara ! God ! Spanish 101

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author

Guadalajara ! God ! Spanish 101

Post by Guest »

I was listening to Guadalajara. God, what an awful job Elvis does with Spanish ! :D :D

Do you guys like this song, maybe it happens the same with us that we sometimes dont understand the lyrics but somehow we like the music.

Francesc

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Its not only the accent, he doesnt get any word correct, well yeah Guadalajara ! lol. It is funny that's all. i wonder what kinda job he does with Wooden Heart, any Germans here?

Francesc

Topic author

Post by Guest »

It didn't me upset at all, I think it is funny. I know what it is to speak another language and not doing a fantastic job :oops:

But after 5 years in US, it seems that finally people understand what the hell I'm saying ... 8) Well sometimes :evil:

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

And hear I always thought Elvis was doing a bang-up, good job at his stab at Spanish, let alone German, much like ABBA with English. It was those partying Mexicans in the backround carrying on like nobody's business that I assumed would run afoul of today's "don't hurt my feelings" ethnic pride crowd.

To these ears, the "Elvis Latino" collection I heard about seems like a natural with all the "Spanish" tunes he recorded or toyed with. I always liked this "alleyway" of his career.

Ignorance, I guess, is a kind of bliss when it comes to music. Only our Mr. Presley can make it work

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

scotch

Post by scotch »

I bet you that the words to Guadalajara were spelled out phonetically for Elvis and this may be why it sounds unnatural at times. Lo siento Elvis, pero su canta espanol muy malo.

It is one of my favorite soundtracks anyway though.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

I bet it is that !

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Well, I can tell you that his German is about as bad as his Spanish. But then again, I don't understand Spanish and it sounds good enough to me.

And like you guys said: it doesn't really matter. The music and the sound of his voice makes you feel good...

Sonny