Elvis ttwii footage in Blade Runner 2049

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Re: Elvis ttwii footage in Blade Runner 2049

Post by dennyelvis »

a mess of polk salad on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:46 pm wrote:Just seen the movie and the Elvis & Sinatra scenes are some Of The best in the movie ...whoever did Elvis did a superb job ...
Any chance this could reignite the possibilities of a Holographic Elvis or something similar to create new believable concerts? With the new concert backing and the ability to just use his awesome vocals on a superb looking Elvis, surely the possibilities are endless?

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

lanadelslay on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:14 pm wrote:I'm confused a lot of people have said you don't need to watch the first one to understand this one
It's not a pre to watch it, but it makes you understand BR 2049 better - there are quite a few references and cites to the old Blade runner movie ... Excellent movie btw, a breath of fresh (or old) air, it's the story telling that makes this movie, not the CGI or action scenes (The Elvis scene was marvelous!)

lanadelslay
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by lanadelslay »

The Pirate on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:21 am wrote:What a depressing and unrelentingly bleak film. If you've got 163 spare minutes and you want to get that, "maybe now would be a good time to slit my wrists," feeling, I say "Go for it"!
Just watched the movie today and I have to agree with this, what a depressing movie. I just now realized how any movies set in the future are depressing, due to the fact that everything is digitalized etc, and it's probably going to be the future but I just don't wanna deal with it yet, it's a depressing thought and image. Also the plot lacked any suspense cause it was so easy to guess, and by the end you just think, wow all of that for that? Sure the experience can be important, and althought the aesthetic of the movie is A+ and gorgeous, it's one of the most depressing movies I've seen this year, would not recommend (except to see 10 seconds of Sinatra and Elvis the only joyful parts of this movie frankly)

OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

My friends and i must have gone to see the first Blade Runner movie in the summer of 1982 a dozen times, baked, we loved it. :smt028
When it came out on Cable TV in 1983 and being shown dozens of times a week, we watched it many many times over. :smt028 :smt028 :smt028
I will be going to see the new movie, or definitely watch it when available on Cable TV, but sadly my baking days are over. :cry:

Is this all there is, or is it longer.

lanadelslay
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by lanadelslay »

OnStage55 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:16 pm wrote:My friends and i must have gone to see the first Blade Runner movie in the summer of 1982 a dozen times, baked, we loved it. :smt028
When it came out on Cable TV in 1983 and being shown dozens of times a week, we watched it many many times over. :smt028 :smt028 :smt028
I will be going to see the new movie, or definitely watch it when available on Cable TV, but sadly my baking days are over. :cry:

Is this all there is, or is it longer.

He then sings can't help falling in love for a few seconds more

Troubleman
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Troubleman »

I would recommend seeing the original Blade Runner first before going to see this sequel, just to get the feel of how the first one was. I did find it long, and felt some editing could have helped the pace a little. The scenes with Ryan and his 'digitized' companion were sometimes quite long, and slowed the movie down. But the visual was similar in tone to the original, so i enjoyed that. The two leads (Harrison and Ryan) worked quite well together.

I would give it 3 start out of five.

I feel the same as when I saw 'Star Wars the force awakens'. There was so much high expectations for that movie as well.

But it's nice to see a small reference to Elvis.

::rocks

Troubleman

sasho
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by sasho »

dannyboy1 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:20 pm wrote:Holograms really don't work. Let's be honest.
The distance shots were an impersonator, but the closer shots where you see Elvis' face were digitally created.
first of all - a stunning film, a real threat
Idea to put Elvis Is great, but Is executed not for my taste
I am not sure we see real Elvis at all
that Is not digitally recreated real Elvis from TTWII, but Impersonator

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

Troubleman on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:31 pm wrote:I would recommend seeing the original Blade Runner first before going to see this sequel, just to get the feel of how the first one was. I did find it long, and felt some editing could have helped the pace a little. The scenes with Ryan and his 'digitized' companion were sometimes quite long, and slowed the movie down. But the visual was similar in tone to the original, so i enjoyed that. The two leads (Harrison and Ryan) worked quite well together.

I would give it 3 start out of five.

I feel the same as when I saw 'Star Wars the force awakens'. There was so much high expectations for that movie as well.

But it's nice to see a small reference to Elvis.

The movie is not 'slowed down' because of scenes with his digital girlfriend or otherwise, this is is 'old style' story telling - it's all about the story, we don't 'get' this anymore because we are used to fast paced movies, with every second a building blowing up or even a whole planet. I found this movie a breath of fresh air, and not depressing at all. It's amazing that a director made a sequel after 35 years and really got the feel (and looks) of the old one, without being outdated or that there is a huge gap between 80's directing and what they do nowadays. Even the the composed filmmusic is brilliant ... This is a really really good movie, and believe me, a future SciFi classic - let time be the judge!

Troubleman
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Post by Troubleman »

The movie is not 'slowed down' because of scenes with his digital girlfriend or otherwise, this is is 'old style' story telling - it's all about the story, we don't 'get' this anymore because we are used to fast paced movies, with every second a building blowing up or even a whole planet. I found this movie a breath of fresh air, and not depressing at all. It's amazing that a director made a sequel after 35 years and really got the feel (and looks) of the old one, without being outdated or that there is a huge gap between 80's directing and what they do nowadays. Even the the composed filmmusic is brilliant ... This is a really really good movie, and believe me, a future SciFi classic - let time be the judge!
Memphisflash - I did not find the movie depressing. I also knew that the pacing was going to be slower than other sci-fi movies we see today (Independence day, Transformers, etc.) so that was OK with me. I also enjoy good storytelling, and the story here is very interesting. And I agree that the look and music reminded me of the original. I just though that 2hr45 minutes was a little long (IMHO).

Troubleman