Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
frus75
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

No more speakers corner Elvis releases?

Post by frus75 »

Is there any insider here with information about future releases by speakers corner?

Friday music is great but they're just digital files on vinyl. The speakers corner releases were the real thing to me. Even when the original album had its compromises they stay true to the original masters. Besides, everything's analogue.

Iván

La voz del Rey

LSP-4445
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Re: No more speakers corner Elvis releases?

Post by LSP-4445 »

frus75 wrote:Is there any insider here with information about future releases by speakers corner?

Friday music is great but they're just digital files on vinyl. The speakers corner releases were the real thing to me. Even when the original album had its compromises they stay true to the original masters. Besides, everything's analogue.
No idea but what was their latest title...and when?
I only have FEIM from this label

Topic author
frus75

Post by frus75 »

Wasn't is Elvis golden records last year?

Iván

La voz del Rey

LSP-4445
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by LSP-4445 »

frus75 wrote:Wasn't is Elvis golden records last year?
Maybe it was....I have no idea :)

Laser- Freak
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by Laser- Freak »

Topic author
frus75

Post by frus75 »

Let's hope for more releases!

Iván

La voz del Rey

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

Elvis Golden Records was a huge disappointment, this one was sourced from a bad album master, lot's of tape dropouts and artificial echo ...
And what irritates me a bit is that the dog is missing on some of the sleeve's. (Friday Music does have the Dog, but personally I don't like their gatefolds - not true to the original release)

SC did an inquiry some time ago, I mailed them a few suggestions and asked about the missing Nipper (the album that Kai referred too, was 'Elvis' Golden Records') ...

"I like to get the following Elvis LP's mastered from analogue source: Elvis Presley (1956) Elvis Golden Records (1958) Elvis Golden Records 2 - 50.000.000 Elvis Fans Can't be wrong (1960) Something For Everybody (1961) Pot Luck (1962) NBC TV Special (1968) I got the recent albums, His Hand In Mine and Gold Records 4, where is the dog on the sleeve ? It was in there in the ad's but not on the finished product, why ?"

Good morning,

thank you very much for your mail and inquiry.

We only get here and then approvals for Elvis Presley-titles from Sony Music. The approval policy erratic, sometimes we get permission for titles which were disapproved previously or for titles which are published at MOV, which usually are blocked for us. In short, we’d love to do all the titles you suggest, but it is impossible to say if and when we are in the position to do so.
What I can tell you is that we just received the approval for one of the titles from your list, to be published in the second half of the year. Please understand that I can’t disclose at this point in time which one.

Der Nipper-trademark is here in Europe owned by EMI. Even if Sony owns the repertoire on which Nipper was pictured previously, they don’t have the rights on the trademark. Therefore we have to remove the logo on both the sleeve and label. I don’t know who advertised our productions with the Nipper-trademark, but we didn’t. Possibly it was just a reminsence of the original issues?
In any case, what counts is audiophile quality and here we made sure that everything as original (and analogue!) as possible.

Thank you very much for your interest in our productions and best regards,
Kai Seemann

Claus

Post by Claus »

I think the best SC releases are:

Elvis Is Back
FEIM
Elvis' Christmas album
His Hand In Mine

Digital versions or other vinyl releases of the other albums sound better, imo.

Topic author
frus75

Post by frus75 »

memphisflash wrote:Elvis Golden Records was a huge disappointment, this one was sourced from a bad album master, lot's of tape dropouts and artificial echo ...
And what irritates me a bit is that the dog is missing on some of the sleeve's. (Friday Music does have the Dog, but personally I don't like their gatefolds - not true to the original release)

SC did an inquiry some time ago, I mailed them a few suggestions and asked about the missing Nipper (the album that Kai referred too, was 'Elvis' Golden Records') ...

"I like to get the following Elvis LP's mastered from analogue source: Elvis Presley (1956) Elvis Golden Records (1958) Elvis Golden Records 2 - 50.000.000 Elvis Fans Can't be wrong (1960) Something For Everybody (1961) Pot Luck (1962) NBC TV Special (1968) I got the recent albums, His Hand In Mine and Gold Records 4, where is the dog on the sleeve ? It was in there in the ad's but not on the finished product, why ?"

Good morning,

thank you very much for your mail and inquiry.

We only get here and then approvals for Elvis Presley-titles from Sony Music. The approval policy erratic, sometimes we get permission for titles which were disapproved previously or for titles which are published at MOV, which usually are blocked for us. In short, we’d love to do all the titles you suggest, but it is impossible to say if and when we are in the position to do so.
What I can tell you is that we just received the approval for one of the titles from your list, to be published in the second half of the year. Please understand that I can’t disclose at this point in time which one.

Der Nipper-trademark is here in Europe owned by EMI. Even if Sony owns the repertoire on which Nipper was pictured previously, they don’t have the rights on the trademark. Therefore we have to remove the logo on both the sleeve and label. I don’t know who advertised our productions with the Nipper-trademark, but we didn’t. Possibly it was just a reminsence of the original issues?
In any case, what counts is audiophile quality and here we made sure that everything as original (and analogue!) as possible.

Thank you very much for your interest in our productions and best regards,
Kai Seemann
Thanks!!! Friday music releases sound very good, really good, but is like playing a cd. I made A-B tests with their FTD cd counter parts and even if the mastering was different, it was like playing 2 cds. Not that cds are bad in anyway, but the point of a digital file on a vinyl is debatable.

They still sound MILES better than the FTD vinyl releases, though.

I made the same A-B comparison of Ftd CD and speakers LP golden records 4 and the difference is EVIDENT. Both sound REALLY good, but the speakers release clearly sounds analogue.

In regards to golden records, I still don't have it, but I had 2 original USA issues and the sound was problematic there too.

Iván

La voz del Rey

Claus

Post by Claus »

If you already have original U.S pressings of Golden Records in good shape, there is no reason to buy the Speaker's Corner. It has the same problems as the original plus more. As Memphisflash mentioned there are several dropouts in the source used. Treat Me Nice is particularly bad and those dropouts weren't on the original pressing. Save your money.

Topic author
frus75

Post by frus75 »

Claus wrote:If you already have original U.S pressings of Golden Records in good shape, there is no reason to buy the Speaker's Corner. It has the same problems as the original plus more. As Memphisflash mentioned there are several dropouts in the source used. Treat Me Nice is particularly bad and those dropouts weren't on the original pressing. Save your money.

Thanks Claus, really appreciate your help!

What about For LP Fans Only

Iván

La voz del Rey

Claus

Post by Claus »

frus75 wrote:
Claus wrote:If you already have original U.S pressings of Golden Records in good shape, there is no reason to buy the Speaker's Corner. It has the same problems as the original plus more. As Memphisflash mentioned there are several dropouts in the source used. Treat Me Nice is particularly bad and those dropouts weren't on the original pressing. Save your money.

That one sounds like the original album with the added reverb. I haven't heard A Date With Elvis but I suspect it's the same situation.

Topic author
frus75

Post by frus75 »

Claus wrote:
frus75 wrote:

That one sounds like the original album with the added reverb. I haven't heard A Date With Elvis but I suspect it's the same situation.
Yes it is, I have it

Iván

La voz del Rey

GroovinGarrett
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by GroovinGarrett »

The Speakers Corner issue of Elvis Is Back! re-used the stampers from the DCC Compact Classics issue.