Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Book: Elvis LAS VEGAS April-May 1956 - by Paul Bélard

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:34 pm

A second book compiled and written by Paul Bélard from France, living in the US: Elvis LAS VEGAS April-May 1956.

For the first one, see:

Elvis In Hawaii November 1957 - by Paul Bélard
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98813#p1609929

This book with glossy cover counts no less than 240 pages, 330 (!) pictures and they all deal with the two weeks Elvis spend in Las Vegas from April 23 to May 6, 1956.

As with Paul's other book, we mainly read articles from that period of time itself. No analyses, just pictures and articles from that time. Again as if we're stepping into a time machine.

This book, however, counts far and far less blurry pics, than the first one does (added for historical reasons). All pictures and articles truly give us a feel of how it must have been those days. How Elvis looked and moved, and how fans reacted. And there are quite some I didn't see before. Some even in color.

To give an impression, here are a few examples, including the front and back cover:

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Front Cover.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Page 13.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Page 67.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Page 97.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Page 200.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Page 234.png

Elvis - Las Vegas April-May 1956 - Paul Bélard - Back Cover.png

If you're interested in the book, you can get in contact with the author directly by mail: pbelard@hotmail.com

::rocks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Book: Elvis LAS VEGAS April-May 1956 - by Paul Bélar

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:21 pm

I sent off an e-mail .Thanks for the book info.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 am

You're welcome Domino.

:smt006

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 am

Thanks so much Mike. Another moment in Elvis' career which has not really been focused upon like other parts of his career. Looks promising. Thanks

rlj

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:49 am

So this is what Paul Be'lard has been working on....

Both books look very interesting.

Mike, were you also involved in these books' ?

PEP 8)

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:24 am

Looks very interesting, Mike. Any idea of the price?

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:04 am

Hard Rocker wrote:Looks very interesting, Mike. Any idea of the price?

I asked.
Elvis in Hawaii is $35, Elvis in Las Vegas $45.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am

PEP wrote: So this is what Paul Be'lard has been working on....

PEP 8)

No, I was not involved in these two books. It's all Paul's work.

He's working on a series of books, in which each book will count about 240 pages, covering one month only. So in the end 1956 will be presented in over 3000 pages.

I've seen the April 1956 book (not printed yet) and the neat thing is that there are almost no pictures of the Las Vegas weeks in it, for they are in the book dedicated to Vegas.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:32 am

Domino wrote:

I asked.

Not bad.

As I wrote in the other thread:

Don't expect a hardcover book, with thick glossy paper, pictures coming directly from negatives and a professional lay-out, like some of the FTD ones and the Elvis Files books are.

It's a soft cover book and the pages aren't shiny, but it's complete and measures 8.50 x 11.00 Inch. It covers what it claims to cover.

These two books are a one man's project with the aim of showing as much photos (and some articles) about a short period of time as possible. So rare pictures are shown as well, quite a few I can't remember ever seeing before, a small amount are either somewhat pixelated or blurry. Photos you might not see elsewhere for that reason. It's for historical reasons the author put these in the book as well. Expect no revelations, however. Just step into the time machine and make the trip to memory lane together with El. :D

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:49 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Domino wrote:

I asked.

Not bad.

Don't expect a hardcover book, with thick glossy paper, pictures coming directly from negatives and a professional lay-out, like some of the FTD ones and the Elvis Files books are.

It's a soft cover book and the pages aren't shiny, but it's complete and measures 8.50 x 11.00 Inch. It covers what it claims to cover.

These two books are a one man's project with the aim of showing as much photos (and some articles) about a short period of time as possible. So rare pictures are shown as well, quite a few I can't remember ever seeing before, a small amount are either somewhat pixelated or blurry. Photos you might not see elsewhere for that reason. It's for historical reasons the author put these in the book as well. Expect no revelations, however. Just step into the time machine and make the trip to memory lane together with El. :D

I'm now awaiting a reply about shipping and payment options.Then I'll decide if I like one or both.OK,I already like both but I'll decide if I want both.OK,I want both but I'll decide if I can afford both.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Domino wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Domino wrote:

I asked.

Not bad.

I'm now awaiting a reply about shipping and payment options.Then I'll decide if I like one or both.OK,I already like both but I'll decide if I want both.OK,I want both but I'll decide if I can afford both.

Most of the time shipping costs are downers :(

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:16 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:

PEP 8)

He's working on a series of books, in which each book will count about 240 pages, covering one month only. So in the end 1956 will be presented in over 3000 pages.

I've seen the April 1956 book (not printed yet) and the neat thing is that there are almost no pictures of the Las Vegas weeks in it, for they are in the book dedicated to Vegas.

That would be really neat Mike. Hopefully he will offer some detail about the shows Elvis did in Philadelphia in April 1957. Not much has been published about those historic shows.

rlj

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Domino wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Domino wrote:

I asked.

Not bad.

Most of the time shipping costs are downers :(

It can be.He says one or both can be shipped in a flat rate envelope for the same amount but he will check if there's a cheaper way.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:46 pm

rlj4ep wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

PEP 8)

That would be really neat Mike. Hopefully he will offer some detail about the shows Elvis did in Philadelphia in April 1957. Not much has been published about those historic shows.

rlj

I have no clue what he will cover from April 1957. Only seen the April 1956 content.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:45 am

The unidentified person on page 13 is Gene Smith i reckon?

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:

PEP 8)

Excellent, Good to hear Mike...looking forward to seeing what you Two come up with, as a team...as you personally have made a difference on FECC with your continual Elvis research and postings here !

Best of Luck !

PEP 8)