Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
charroman
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

He Touched Me Red Vinyl Friday Music Sept 29th

Post by charroman »

This may already have been mentioned on here so apologies if so but note that Friday Music are releasing vinyl of "He Touched Me" on 29th Sept . Its 180 gram for those into their audiophile records and i believe Friday Music have released some good quality items
Currently on Amazon UK (and others I guess) at £57.99.

40 YEARS LATER.....THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL LIVES ON! FRIDAY MUSIC PROUDLY ANNOUNCES THE FIRST TIME 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE TRANSLUCENT RED VINYL OF HIS 1972 GRAMMY AWARD WINNER "HE TOUCHED ME" PRESENTED IN FIRST TIME GATEFOLD COVER ART MASTERED IMPECCABLY BY JOE REAGOSO & MANUFACTURED AT R.T.I., FEATURES THE STELLAR GOSPEL HITS: HE TOUCHED ME - AMAZING GRACE- THIS THING CALLED LOVE - HE IS MY EVERYTHING- REACH OUT TO JESUS - THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD FEATURED MUSICIANS INCLUDE: THE IMPERIALS, JAMES BURTON, KENNY BUTTREY, DAVID BRIGGS, CHARLIE McCOY, KATHY WESTMORELAND, CHARLIE HODGE, JOE ESPOSITO, & NORBERT PUTNAM

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Re: He Touched Me Red Vinyl Friday Music Sept 29th

Post by LSP-4445 »

charroman wrote:Currently on Amazon UK (and others I guess) at £57.99.

That was expensive,better ordering from Amazon.com (33 USD) despite a little higher shipping cost to europe.

Topic author
charroman
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by charroman »

LSP-4445 wrote:
charroman wrote:Currently on Amazon UK (and others I guess) at £57.99.

That was expensive,better ordering from Amazon.com (33 USD) despite a little higher shipping cost to europe.
I'm out of the loop on 180 gram vinyl costs but it did seem expensive. Perhaps it will come down on Amazon UK

norrie
Registered for: 20 years

Post by norrie »

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/he-touched-me/829421469001

They say free shipping but the costs are absorbed in the price of the product but still at £31 all in not bad.

Talking of Friday Music has anyone got and listened to the debut album that was released by them a couple of weeks ago ?

norrie

frus75
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by frus75 »

Weren't they going to release Elvis Is back this summer?

Iván

La voz del Rey

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

frus75 wrote:Weren't they going to release Elvis Is back this summer?
They did, as an exclusive to Barnes and Noble on blue vinyl... I expect that it will be made available to other retailers at a later moment - just like al of their "exclusives" ...

And you can order from them for 31 euro's including shipping, cheaper than Amazon

frus75
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by frus75 »

Really? Shipping to Europe?

Iván

La voz del Rey

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by When In Rome »

Possibly; but beware the customs! It can be an extra few quid when you least expect it!

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

When In Rome wrote:Possibly; but beware the customs! It can be an extra few quid when you least expect it!
If you order only one album at a time the risk is minimal- but it's a possibility ...

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

When In Rome wrote:Possibly; but beware the customs! It can be an extra few quid when you least expect it!

Received Elvis Is Back from B&N today, paid no extra import fee - so, total was 33 euros including shipping to the Netherlands ...

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

memphisflash wrote:

Received Elvis Is Back from B&N today, paid no extra import fee - so, total was 33 euros including shipping to the Netherlands ...
was there a sticker on it saying it`s a B&N Exclusive??

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by When In Rome »

I only mention it as a possibilty. I ordered TCM via UPS - no customs. I ordered The Cutting Edge Collectors Edition (Bob Dylan) severely walloped by customs had to pay the UPS driver at the door, all above board but I knew nothing of the customs until the tracking service left the US.
I'm not trying to deter anyone but forewarned is forearmed!

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by emjel »

When In Rome wrote:I only mention it as a possibilty. I ordered TCM via UPS - no customs. I ordered The Cutting Edge Collectors Edition (Bob Dylan) severely walloped by customs had to pay the UPS driver at the door, all above board but I knew nothing of the customs until the tracking service left the US.
I'm not trying to deter anyone but forewarned is forearmed!
Yes I got hit with a fee from FedEx a few weeks after I had an album sent from the US to the UK. They pay the customs fee and then recharge the recipient later. A friend recently got clobbered for £60 for 3 albums. He thought he'd got away with a customs fee only to receive an invoice a few weeks later which pushed the overall price of the three albums up to nearly £180.00. Depending on how the item has been shipped, sometimes the UK Post Office will drop a card through the door to say they are holding a parcel pending payment of import fees. They are worse as they also stick on an £8 handling fee too. So it's just a case of taking a chance and keeping fingers crossed.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

IMG_7348.JPG
sweetangeline wrote:
memphisflash wrote:

was there a sticker on it saying it`s a B&N Exclusive??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Post by sweetangeline »

thanks for the info memphisflash!!

do you know how many Elvis exclusives B&N have put out??...or is this something fairly new...I`m only aware of ELVIS IS BACK / BOY FROM TUPELO...have there been others in the past?? Thanks!! :D

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

sweetangeline wrote:thanks for the info memphisflash!!

do you know how many Elvis exclusives B&N have put out??...or is this something fairly new...I`m only aware of ELVIS IS BACK / BOY FROM TUPELO...have there been others in the past?? Thanks!! :D

These are the only two as far as I know. But The blue Elvis is Back is also available from Amazon. There were a few other Friday Music 'exclusives' to the BAM bookstore on white and blue vinyl (Gold 2, Gold 5 (sticker said 'Red vinyl' but was actually blue) and 68 TV-Special). I mention these because they were available on black vinyl before. Others Like Roustabout (orange vinyl), For LP Fans Only, From EP Boulevard and Promised land were pressed on gold vinyl only. Elvis' Christmas album was available in 5 different colors.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here below find the complete picture of Elvis Is Back!, blue vinyl limited edition, still in the baggie! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

P.S: I won´t buy this & the others from them, they look like they are digital sourced copies....Bought A Boy From Tupelo B&N limited release on blue vinyl, just for the cover & poster :wink:.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.