Elvis heading for #1 again in UK Album Charts!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Elvis heading for #1 again in UK Album Charts!

Post by emjel »

So it’s not actually "heading for #1 again in UK Album Chart".

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

marvan
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by marvan »

It should have been # 1 ! It should have been released a week earlier. It should.... Sony's marketing is frustrating ( as with Xmas RPO album )...
Last edited by marvan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seaward
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by seaward »

marvan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am wrote:It should have been # 1 ! It should have been released a week earlier. It should.... Sony's marketing is frustrating ( idem Xmas RPO album )...
Why should it be #1?... The chart is now controlled by a different generation. Why are his releases expected to top the charts nowadays? I'm sure it is great if it does top the chart but it doesn't have to. His legacy is already awesome!

emjel

Post by emjel »

marvan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:08 pm wrote:It should have been # 1 ! It should have been released a week earlier. It should.... Sony's marketing is frustrating ( idem Xmas RPO album )...
Why should it have been #1. It did well to get to #2. The market has been saturated with Elvis Hits products over many years, starting as long ago as '74 with 40 Greatest Hits. Since then, we've had All Time Greatest, The Nations Favourites, 30 #1s, Hitstory, Elvis 75 and even this one which was originally released many years ago. Plus various PD releasss just to confuse the buyer. How many more "hits" packages can Sony release where there is an expectation to get to #1.

Sorry, but not sure what "idem" means.

~

Brian Quinn
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Brian Quinn »

'The 50 Greatest Hits' is No.48 on the UK Album Charts dated 13th October.

Brian

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

'The 50 Greatest Hits' is No.68 on the first UK Midweek Album Charts dated 16th October.

Brian

emjel

Post by emjel »

Brian Quinn on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm wrote:'The 50 Greatest Hits' is No.68 on the first UK Midweek Album Charts dated 16th October.

Brian
So definitely not heading to #1 then as per the thread title.

~

Elfan
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Elfan »

emjel on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm wrote:So definitely not heading to #1 then as per the thread title.
It was heading for #1 when this thread was first posted.
Ultimately it peaked at #2.

emjel

Post by emjel »

Elfan on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 pm wrote:
emjel on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm wrote:So definitely not heading to #1 then as per the thread title.
The thread title could imply any title heading to #1. That aside, the said release is no longer heading toward #1 so what is the point in telling people it is dropping - it’s the opposite way. Perhaps the OP could create a new thread "Elvis 50 Greatest NOT heading for #1 again" or maybe "Elvis 50 Greatest Drops Down The Charts". At least the latest postings would be a bit more relevant.

~

ep1977
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by ep1977 »

emjel on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 pm wrote:
The thread title could imply any title heading to #1. That aside, the said release is no longer heading toward #1 so what is the point in telling people it is dropping - it’s the opposite way. Perhaps the OP could create a new thread "Elvis 50 Greatest NOT heading for #1 again" or maybe "Elvis 50 Greatest Drops Down The Charts". At least the latest postings would be a bit more relevant.
If your that bothered why don't you create a new thread ?
But then saying that, you would only probably moan why another thread for this release, So can not win with you.
Why so knit picking all the time @ emjel ?

emjel

Post by emjel »

ep1977 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 pm wrote:
emjel on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 pm wrote:
If your that bothered why don't you create a new thread ?
But then saying that, you would only probably moan why another thread for this release, So can not win with you.
Why so knit picking all the time @ emjel ?
In actual fact, I wouldn’t moan about the creation of a thread that shows Elvis dropping down the charts, as I would never bother reading it. Life it simply too short to worry about such things. It’s one thing letting people know where a new release is in the UK charts as it goes up or hovers in the top 10, but once it’s achieved it’s plateau, is there any real point or need in reporting that an album has dropped from say 51 to 63 or the next week that it has dropped another 15 places.
So it’s not a case of "nit" picking, but really trying to understand why some crave for this type of information on a regular basis.

Yeah I know, you go off down the pub, and the first thing you say when you get to the bar, having ordered your first pint is to start a scintillating conversation “hey, did you know that Elvis has dropped down the charts this week. He’s at number 68". Well I guess that’s one way of getting the bar to yourself. No wonder Elvis fans are often looked upon as a strange breed.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Brian Quinn on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:02 pm wrote:'The 50 Greatest Hits' is No.68 on the first UK Midweek Album Charts dated 16th October.

Brian
"First UK midweek Album Chart"!! How many midweek charts can you have? :lol:

~

jetblack
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by jetblack »

emjel on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am wrote: In actual fact, I wouldn’t moan about the creation of a thread that shows Elvis dropping down the charts, as I would never bother reading it. Life it simply too short to worry about such things. It’s one thing letting people know where a new release is in the UK charts as it goes up or hovers in the top 10, but once it’s achieved it’s plateau, is there any real point or need in reporting that an album has dropped from say 51 to 63 or the next week that it has dropped another 15 places.
So it’s not a case of "nit" picking, but really trying to understand why some crave for this type of information on a regular basis.

Yeah I know, you go off down the pub, and the first thing you say when you get to the bar, having ordered your first pint is to start a scintillating conversation “hey, did you know that Elvis has dropped down the charts this week. He’s at number 68". Well I guess that’s one way of getting the bar to yourself. No wonder Elvis fans are often looked upon as a strange breed.
You certainly write a LOT of something you have little to no interest in.

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

emjel on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 am wrote:

Brian
Three.

Brian

emjel

Post by emjel »

jetblack on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm wrote:
emjel on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am wrote: In actual fact, I wouldn’t moan about the creation of a thread that shows Elvis dropping down the charts, as I would never bother reading it. Life it simply too short to worry about such things. It’s one thing letting people know where a new release is in the UK charts as it goes up or hovers in the top 10, but once it’s achieved it’s plateau, is there any real point or need in reporting that an album has dropped from say 51 to 63 or the next week that it has dropped another 15 places.

You certainly write a LOT of something you have little to no interest in.

Andy
Well I see a notification in a thread entitled "Elvis heading for #1 again.." and I start getting interested in thinking I must have missed a release. What new album is now heading to #1 I wonder. Perhaps it’s the new Xmas album. Then I find it is nothing of the sort. It’s about an album that didn’t get to #1 and is now dropping down the charts.

~

emjel

Post by emjel »

Brian Quinn on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:49 pm wrote:
emjel on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 am wrote:

Brian
Three.

Brian
So why do you never publish the other two then? Or is it just a random one published on any three days. Isn’t mid week generally Tuesday to Thursday. Or is their mid week the middle of Friday to Thursday. It’s all a bit confusing :lol: I dont know how we coped when all we had years ago was a couple of weekly pop papers that basically covered the Top 30 albums and even they could not agree on placements.

~

K.C.
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by K.C. »

Here is another edition:

The “The 50 Greatest Hits” compilation dropped from #48 to #66 on the Official UK Album chart.
The “Christmas” cooperation by Elvis Presley and the RPO dropped from #22 to #82 on the Official UK Album chart.
The “The Real … Elvis” climbed from #25 to #18 on the Official Scottish Album chart.
The “Christmas” cooperation by Elvis Presley and the RPO dropped from #11 to #43 on the Official Scottish Album chart.

Your daily Elvis News Blog: http://www.ElvisDayByDay.com
Elvis Day By Day Yearbooks available https://www.poplartunes.com/books-store