Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
merry77
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Gottahaverockandroll same outfit as 2013 different belt

Post by merry77 »

I see that gottahaverocknroll.com is now selling the same item (lot 137) as they sold a few years ago (2013).
Same outfit, but now with a different belt.

The shirt from 2013 looks different then this one. So thy are selling "the same" outfit as on the photo twice.
Someone is making money here.

Suspicious!
Why wouldn't they sell it with the same belt that they auctioned it off originally.

The belt by the way, is a different one. Elvis wore a different belt with this outfit as can be seen on the picture they've included.
The one that is being auctioned off now and was auctioned off then is different.

Buyer beware!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

r&b

Re: Gottahaverockandroll same outfit as 2013 different belt

Post by r&b »

I would never trust any personal items, clothing, jewelry, ashtrays, etc. There's just too much bogus stuff around

Hollywood
Registered for: 12 years

Post by Hollywood »

r&b wrote:I would never trust any personal items, clothing, jewelry, ashtrays, etc. There's just too much bogus stuff around
Not if you know what your buying.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Hollywood wrote:
r&b wrote:I would never trust any personal items, clothing, jewelry, ashtrays, etc. There's just too much bogus stuff around
Thats the point, you never really know. For me, it would have to come out of the closet in Graceland, with the auction held there to be sure.

Hollywood
Registered for: 12 years

Post by Hollywood »

r&b wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
Thats the point, you never really know. For me, it would have to come out of the closet in Graceland, with the auction held there to be sure.
That's not a true statement.

By your logic you would further have to assume that the closet wasn't peppered with bogus material by the auction house that is selling the material.

EPE also have and still acquire pieces that were not in their archives and they are using the same sources as us private collectors. Auctions, collectors, and open market. Therefore again by your logic you must also question what you see at Graceland or any exhibit they host.

Proper research, knowlegde and experience are the tools needed to sift through forgeries and original pieces. The problem today is that most who want to collect are too lazy to put in the needed years worth of networking, research and due dilligence. In the world of EBay and easy access most people think Elvis items grow on trees are to willing to accept a worthless COA as evidence or blindly accept items sourced to "friends" of Elvis.

Fact is like any other collectible or historic artifact you have to put the time in on proper research. Overtime you can gain tools to help you when the time comes to acquire. There is no auction house that is infallible. Simple truth is that auction house don't care and are not authenticators. They soely provide the selling platform and nothing more. Each will have good and bad items. ::rocks