AMAZON.DE A Boy from Tupelo 3 CD Box Set NOW WITH PHOTOS

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: AMAZON.DE A Boy from Tupelo 3 CD Box Set NOW WITH PHOTO

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Ken Jensen wrote:Today, my wife texted me and informed me that A Boy from Tupelo was waiting for me at home. It's a beautiful mini version of the book. I love it. Not had the chance to listen to the discs yet, though, but it was nice to get a nod from Ernst. As for that picture of Elvis on the bicycle, I'm pretty sure it's not in the book. Also, it looks like all or at least most of the text from the FTD book is in the Sony booklet. Can anyone confirm that?
The bicycle photo was unearthed after the 2012 FTD publication date. Confirmation of the text will take some time, but certainly much of it has to be from the original work.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Got mine today; it looks really nice as a mini version of the book.
I'll read it again this weekend...
I'm a happy costumer :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
JimmyCool wrote:Got mine today; it looks really nice as a mini version of the book.
I'll read it again this weekend...
I'm a happy costumer :)
My friend, I noticed you got your set with a little bump on the upper left hand corner :wink:. Those sloopy packings...... :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

Well as expected I got my copy from import CDs with a few dings on the front cover. Not enough to send back but it's always something with this company.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

so this is the only way to get the wire recording officially unless u go import or MRS? My orig ABFT collapsed today as i was picking it up.. its just about toast. sigh

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

Kylan wrote:so this is the only way to get the wire recording officially unless u go import or MRS? My orig ABFT collapsed today as i was picking it up.. its just about toast. sigh
how did it collapse?

Always Elvis
Anthony

ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

TINML wrote:Well as expected I got my copy from import CDs with a few dings on the front cover. Not enough to send back but it's always something with this company.
mine should be here tomorrow or Wednesday from importcds, its only my second order from them, hope its ok i wasn't fond of their packaging with my first order but their prices are very good.

Always Elvis
Anthony

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

ForeverElvis wrote:
Kylan wrote:so this is the only way to get the wire recording officially unless u go import or MRS? My orig ABFT collapsed today as i was picking it up.. its just about toast. sigh
how did it collapse?
just wear and tear over the years, and the weight. I should have treated it like glass but I'm the one to blame for it. sigh

sheila
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by sheila »

If ordered from Amazon, the package should be better!

drjohncarpenter

The 2017 Sony release is the only way to get the official live version of "I Forgot to Remember to Forget," period.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

hmm I'm trying to get the original if i can find it. guess i might get this instead.

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Kylan wrote:hmm I'm trying to get the original if i can find it. guess i might get this instead.
It's basically the same product for a fraction of the price.

drjohncarpenter

Ken Jensen wrote:
Kylan wrote:hmm I'm trying to get the original if i can find it. guess i might get this instead.
I don't agree at all, unless you are talking about audio-for-audio. The 2012 FTD book is astonishing and essential.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Which one should i listen to first? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Josee

Post by Josee »

sheila wrote:If ordered from Amazon, the package should be better!
I ordered mine from Amazon.uk and the spine of the booklet and the upside and downside plus spine of the box were creased. I order often from them, but this is the first time I had reason to complain. I got a refund and could keep the box set. They said they were telling the responsible department about the bad packaging.

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
I don't agree at all, unless you are talking about audio-for-audio. The 2012 FTD book is astonishing and essential.
I'm talking about the total package. It looks like the text in the booklet is more or less identical to that in the book. Of course, the 2012 version is much bigger and contains many more pictures, possibly also more anecdotes from people who were around at the time. Nevertheless, I agree with your conclusion. In my opinion, both products are essential, the Sony package for the extra song and the more accessible material.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

ForeverElvis wrote:
TINML wrote:Well as expected I got my copy from import CDs with a few dings on the front cover. Not enough to send back but it's always something with this company.
mine should be here tomorrow or Wednesday from importcds, its only my second order from them, hope its ok i wasn't fond of their packaging with my first order but their prices are very good.
Good luck, they sent me a creased deluxe Sgt Pepper boxset and now this. My very first purchase from them was also horribly packaged (the 60 CD box set) but that miraculously came in perfect condition.

The discs and book(s) are always in perfect condition so as I say it's not worth sending back and the price is always the deciding factor when buying from them.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Rocker
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by Rocker »

The german edition of Rolling Stone has "A boy from Tupelo" also as "album of the month"

Well, hello there....

RKSNASHVILLE

Post by RKSNASHVILLE »

Kylan wrote:
so this is the only way to get the wire recording officially unless u go import or MRS?

You can also purchase the single track on Amazon if you didn't want to purchase the whole package again.

RKS

Roddy
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Roddy »

Got mine today!! When I arrive here where I work, there was a sweet, beautiful, huge pack from amazon.de
I'm really happy but I can't open the book and vinyl until I got home later in the afternoon... :-(

Fish
Registered for: 9 years

Post by Fish »

I have received my copy today and have leafed through the amazing informative booklet. Will spend more time on it soon. So far it looks and sounds incredible. Kudos to everyone involved. In a perfect world this box would receive the same attention and positive acclaim as the recent rerelease of Sgt Peppers.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Fish wrote:I have received my copy today and have leafed through the amazing informative booklet. Will spend more time on it soon. So far it looks and sounds incredible. Kudos to everyone involved. In a perfect world this box would receive the same attention and positive acclaim as the recent rerelease of Sgt Peppers.
Well it did receive a 5 star review from Rolling Stone, a mag that some people here feel never give Elvis his due. Im not sure what else you are looking for? There arent that many music publications going around anymore giving reviews, but if there are, Im sure they will be positive ones. As for Sgt Peppers, a 50th anniversary seems to be the in thing since 2012. A lot of events are given their 50th anniv plug, like the first Bond film, etc. Also this was only the 3rd time Peppers has been issue on CD since the 80s. As for the Sun tracks, well, you know, you lose count after a while, Sunrise, Elvis At Sun, the 50s box, songs on various compilations etc. To the consumer its all the same music. Most people if they have the masters on one release or another they are happy. No outtakes or live tracks are going to lure in many a casual listener or fan.

drjohncarpenter

r&b wrote:
Fish wrote:I have received my copy today and have leafed through the amazing informative booklet. Will spend more time on it soon. So far it looks and sounds incredible. Kudos to everyone involved. In a perfect world this box would receive the same attention and positive acclaim as the recent rerelease of Sgt Peppers.
Well it did receive a 5 star review from Rolling Stone, a mag that some people here feel never give Elvis his due. Im not sure what else you are looking for? There arent that many music publications going around anymore giving reviews, but if there are, Im sure they will be positive ones. As for Sgt Peppers, a 50th anniversary seems to be the in thing since 2012. A lot of events are given their 50th anniv plug, like the first Bond film, etc. Also this was only the 3rd time Peppers has been issue on CD since the 80s. As for the Sun tracks, well, you know, you lose count after a while, Sunrise, Elvis At Sun, the 50s box, songs on various compilations etc. To the consumer its all the same music. Most people if they have the masters on one release or another they are happy. No outtakes or live tracks are going to lure in many a casual listener or fan.
The music is 62 years old, expectations can only be so great for the retail market in 2017.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

To be honest, I am surprised that it is selling at all, other than to fans such as myself and the rest of you on here. Not because of any lack of quality, musically or in terms of packaging, but because I can't believe any casual buyer would welcome a set where there were so many versions of the same songs. If you include studio takes there are, I think, eleven versions of That's All Right alone. Add in the dodgy sound quality of some of the material, and it's a miracle it made it onto HMV shelves in such large quantities. Maybe the future is rosier than we think.

Laser- Freak
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Laser- Freak »

K.C. wrote:Here are some more charts...
#48 in Austria
#68 in Spain
#98 in Switzerland

@ K.C. - By the way: A BOY FROM TUPELO at #277 in Australia is not an entry in the 'Australian Album Top 100"!