Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
steve in SC
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Elvis Week 2017 Yes or No?

Post by steve in SC »

3 months before Elvis Week and we have zero events/tickets to buy. IIRC for the 35th I purchased tickets to Elvis In Concert show in January/February of that year. Any idea what the holdup is? Are they having trouble putting together a band/orchestra? Even the supposed ETA shows are not a sure thing. Right now there are zero tickets on sale for any event. Maybe some of the fan club presidents have been informed of the problems?

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Elvis Week 2017 Yes or No?

Post by sylvain »

No news for Elvis week

Topic author
steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

Thanks Sylvain, maybe we will here something soon. EW will be here before we know it.

FatherJack1980
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by FatherJack1980 »

Has EPE ever released attendance figures over the years? I wonder if they've been dwindling because I looked up the tourism statistic for Memphis and it was a whole lot more than the average 600,000 that Graceland attracts (kinda surprised me)

EDIT: Now I've found another source, not from the city, that claims Memphis has about one million visitors (not the ten million the city claimed), which is more what I expected ...since about 600,000 visit Graceland. When I went to Memphis for the first time, and yet only time, in 2015 I only came because of Elvis - couldn't care less about the city. Still don't know why the just barely international airport isn't renamed in Elvis' honor.
Last edited by FatherJack1980 on Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years

Post by Rob »

I much prefer visiting Graceland when there is nothing going on. I have walked up to Elvis' grave many times in the early morning hours and found myself to be alone with my thoughts.

I'm one of those humble and shy country fellers.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

FatherJack1980 wrote:Has EPE ever released attendance figures over the years? I wonder if they've been dwindling because I looked up the tourism statistic for Memphis and it was a whole lot more than the average 600,000 that Graceland attracts (kinda surprised me)
I'm sure with the new hotel and "Elvis Presley's Memphis" attendance numbers will rise again for a period of time... they had better because someone has to pay for all that!!!

BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by BobDylan »

Rob wrote:I much prefer visiting Graceland when there is nothing going on. I have walked up to Elvis' grave many times in the early morning hours and found myself to be alone with my thoughts.

I'm one of those humble and shy country fellers.
The only time I've been there was October of last year and it was perfect. The weather was fantastic and even though my tour started around noon, the crowds weren't that bad. In most of the buildings I went into there were maybe a dozen or two other people there so I didn't have to wait in any lines and I wasn't rushed through anything.

I went through the house twice. Once to just get through it and see everything, the second time to absorb everything.

If I go back, OK, when I go back I'll most likely go at about the same time of year. Perfect weather and small crowds.

DEH
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by DEH »

the summer is the worst time to go. way too hot. I was having to change shirts. too damn hot. and its really crowded in the summer time. attendance is not dwindling.

FatherJack1980
Registered for: 8 years 3 months

Post by FatherJack1980 »

The schedule is now up: https://www.graceland.com/elvisweek/schedule/

And I was there just after ElvisWeek in August 2015; the heat was not overwhelming and crowds were nowhere to be seen

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

DEH
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by DEH »

I went in July. it was 105 and the line up to go to the mansion was crazy. maybe it tailed off when u were there because the school year was getting ready to start.