Tony Prince partied Elvis and others....

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

timothy_sideburns
Registered for: 7 years 2 months

Re: Tony Prince partied Elvis and others....

Post by timothy_sideburns »

Interesting. I remember him being clsoely associated with the UK fan club through the 70s and 80s.

I'm not sure about his claim to have introduced Elvis onto stage? Did that ever happen in Vegas? I assumed Elvis always came on to "Also Sprach" rather than have a spoken intro?
Tony’s greatest memory was meeting Elvis Presley in Las Vegas in 1972 and then introducing him live on stage before his show.
“It was an overwhelming thing for me as an Elvis fan and I suppose the greatest thing in my life,” says Tony. “To see Elvis clapping and walking towards me as I introduced him.”
As president of the UK Elvis Presley fan club, he took 200 British fans on a pilgrimage to Elvis’s home town of Tupelo, Mississippi, and five days in Vegas where Presley was in residence.
Tony had used his cheeky charm to inveigle a meeting with The King’s formidable manager Colonel Tom Parker and got him to agree to a rare pre-show interview with the singer.
It was 1972 and Tony recalls: “My impression of Elvis? He was incredibly handsome, a beautiful human specimen and so polite, so gently spoken.”
Tony met Elvis again in 1973 when the King promised him he would come to Europe to entertain fans for the first time – alas something Elvis, who died in 1977, never did. Prince also presented Elvis with a trophy.
Says Tony: “When I was 15 I had Elvis’s poster on my bedroom wall. Now, today, if you go to Elvis’s home at Graceland, you’ll find a photo of me presenting him with that trophy. So my photograph is now on Elvis’s wall. How about that for a turn of events?”

jetblack
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by jetblack »

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 8 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Thanks Andy, not heard that in years

-instagram kenh1964