Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Album (LP) You Listened To Was?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:57 am

Scoobie wrote:The pink 40 greatest! This one sounds so good, great for an ebay purchase!
IMG_0455.JPG

I bought a new sealed copy a few years ago for 10 euro's, the guy had a box full of them, leftovers from a record store ... nice album

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 am

Played the Viva Las Vegas FTD vinyl as i was transferring it... i picked it up in memphis this summer
IMG_20170924_221822_068.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Today its the 1971 usa reissue pressing of Elvis' Golden Records volume 3
20170925_191542.jpg

20170925_191653.jpg

20170925_191959.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Welll... welll well well.. whaaat?? - Elvis

Listening to this LP and to be honest im kind of glad we have it as some shows are still unreleased to this day and we know from these recordings they exist on soundboard.. plus its just all good fun.
20170925_215132.jpg

"It's getting a bit wild here boy.. i havent even been out here for that long!"

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:16 pm

"Promised Land " Lp
I sure love the Stax sessions
Taking Care Of Elvis Forever
Long Live The King Forever :smt006

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 am

I recently bought his first album 'Elvis Presley' (the original from 1956) and played it. Sounds great!

::rocks

Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:36 am

I recently listened to ALMOST IN LOVE (The Album Collection). Even though it's a budget release, there are quite a few good songs on it. My favorites are US MALE, CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACKYARD, RUBBERNECKIN' and CHARRO.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Revisiting this oldie but goodie bootleg

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Playing this great ftd vinyl..
IMG_20170927_202639_976.jpg

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Elvis in concert.. on Red vinyl!

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:18 am

Moody Blue Friday label edition....a few weeks ago.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Well.. i havent listened to it yet.. but its bound to happen soon.
Limited edition no. 52 out of 300
20171107_131450.jpg

20171107_131503.jpg

20171107_1336042.jpg

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:38 am

Always on my Mind on white vinyl from 1985.

I listened to the B-side of the album back when it came out in a record store and it sounded different to my ears the few songs (one or two back then) that I already had on another LP's (Pieces of my Life from Today & Always on my Mind from some Camden compilation album from the early eighties probably).

I didn't buy the album back then in 1985 for some reason but a few years ago I re-read the little review of the LP with the 'futuristic' cover in It's Elvis Time (Dutch fanclub magazine) 169 from 1985 and I decided to go hunt the interwebs for it to see if it would still hold up for me many years after I switched to CD.

I quickly found a copy on the original see-thru/white vinyl and I bought it for the price of a normal lp. Nothing fancy. :P

Now, I obviously have all the songs that are on the 'Always On My Mind'-album. Either on CD or LP but I still immedeately heard the difference in sound. Like it was some sort of different mixing.

I love the warmth of that album!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Yesterday i played this fine album :D
WTMW.jpg

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 am

Frankie and Johnny original issue Red Dot

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Elvis (1973) The 'Fool' album. Rather enjoyed it too...

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Bought a nice clean copy of "California Holiday" (UK-press 1966/RD-7820 mono) and listened to side 2. Vinyl is excellent and sounds good to my ears.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Golden Records volume 4
I listened to JTHJSH four times in a row. Those vocals are just perfect.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm

King Creole FTD, this morning...
Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 14.32.46.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 14.32.08.png

I was listening while making a needledrop to a digital file. All went well which means I can leave the vinyl in it’s sleeve now.
The version of Crawfish on here benefits from the expanded use Kitty Whites vocal.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:11 pm

dougkapp on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm wrote:I listened "From Elvis In Memphis", by MFLS - Original Master Recording and Golden Records vol. 5.

Nice topic !

By the way, anyone knows if FTD will reprint the following vinyl: Standing Room Only, That's The Way It Is, Jungle Room... and some others FTD totally sold out?

As far as I know, the FTD vinyl sets tend not to get reprints at all. It is a shame as like you, I am missing some that I want.
I have seen them on ebay, but they are expensive, but most are still available this way if you are willing to pay the price.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm

“Pot Luck” UK original, Silver Dot in mono. At the same time I am transferring to Audacity to remove the clicks and pops.
After this it will be added to my digital library.
Last edited by Scoobie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 pm

I listened I Was the One LP, from 1983.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Thanks for the reminder, transferring that one now, while listening!
I almost forgot that one...
Last edited by Scoobie on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Ales Majer on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:38 pm wrote:Always on my Mind on white vinyl from 1985.

I listened to the B-side of the album back when it came out in a record store and it sounded different to my ears the few songs (one or two back then) that I already had on another LP's (Pieces of my Life from Today & Always on my Mind from some Camden compilation album from the early eighties probably).

I didn't buy the album back then in 1985 for some reason but a few years ago I re-read the little review of the LP with the 'futuristic' cover in It's Elvis Time (Dutch fanclub magazine) 169 from 1985 and I decided to go hunt the interwebs for it to see if it would still hold up for me many years after I switched to CD.

I quickly found a copy on the original see-thru/white vinyl and I bought it for the price of a normal lp. Nothing fancy. :P

Now, I obviously have all the songs that are on the 'Always On My Mind'-album. Either on CD or LP but I still immedeately heard the difference in sound. Like it was some sort of different mixing.

I love the warmth of that album!

I think almost all tracks of this album are alternate mixes. It's Midnight, You Gave a Mountain, are examples, fantastic sound.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:37 am

Everyone is in bed, so it's just me and my record collection for half an hour or so before I turn in myself.
'The Sun Collection' is a classic album and I just love that cover, not played it in a long while. Just rectifiying that oversight now... :wink: