Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Last Elvis Album (LP) You Listened To Was?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 am

I don't think there was a topic for LP's - In the same vein as ''Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?'' that was started by our favourite pal - Rob!
Now let's get one up and running for good ole vinyl records. Bootlegs / Studio / Live - Is it on vinyl? Then you can share that here.
i'll start off:

I'm starting my day with a cup of coffee, and ''Promised Land - The Companion Album'' Released by FTD In 2012.

Re: Last Elvis Album (LP) You Listened To Was?

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 pm

It's to long ago to remember .......

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm

My brain can't remember back that far.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm playing now 3 LP Between takes; meanwhile I've sold my bonus 45 rpm single with You gave me a "molehill" version.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Its been over a month, but the 3 Memphis FTDs back to back. Just been discovering a lot of new music and artists lately much to my delight.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Always On My Mind, the 1985 vinyl release, while transferring it making a CDR copy of it!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:02 pm

To round out my collection, my folks got me SEPARATE WAYS, I GOT LUCKY and COME ON EVERYBODY for Easter in 1975, I was feeling a bit nostalgic this week so I spun those.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Elvis Country. Simply fantastic and, in my opinion, Elvis' best album of the 1970s.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:22 pm

What a real fine thread Johnny2523, THANK YOU! YES VINYL is the real thing buddy. I love to listen to the analogue Elvis sound. Last Friday i had "A LEGENDARY PERFORMER Vol. 1" on my turntable, the orig. US Pressing in mint condition, man what a joy to listen, yes I LOVE VINYL. NOW on my Record Player: "FROM ELVIS IN MEMPHIS"...the orange italian Version with the "Live a Little, Love a Little" LP Cover. Love the Record, and of course the very very cool cover. thx again pal, this thread is so cool ::rocks , Matt

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Nice topic!!

Listened just to this GI Blues picture disc...
Nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Being an avid vinyl collector i still spin albums frequently, played these US LPM/LSP versions yesterday. 8)

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:33 pm

It's been a while but the last one I spun was this one... a 1977 original purchased from a cherished member of this forum!!!

elvis-presley-usa-rockin-with-pittsburgh-new-years-eve-1976-2-lp-set--44048-p.jpg

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:03 am

As a vinyl junkie, I'm usually playing something daily. Last one on my turn table believe it or not was "Mahalo From Elvis", yea I know nothing rare or usual. Most days when I'm searching the web, I'll just scan my collection and grab an album that's hasn't seen light in a while.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 am

Aloha From Hawaii (yesterday afternoon).
Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.45.21.png
Last edited by Scoobie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 am

"Elvis' Gold Records, Volume 5", Friday music release, 180 gram blue vinyl.

Absolutely beautiful.

I just saw a copy of "The Essential Elvis Presley" on 180 gram vinyl as well at Books-A-Million, my next purchase.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:31 pm

"Elvis In Demand".
This arrived today, my latest ebay purchase. Not bad for £7.00 including postage!
I never had this album in LP form before, it is new to my collection. I bought the cassette on first release, but I have wanted the vinyl ever since and so bought this the other day.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 11.43.01.png

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm

A few days ago I played LP Standing room only.

The LP was released in march 1987 on Laurel LPS 3772.

The LP contains tracks from movie Elvis On Tour; on this LP are two tracks from 09-04-72 evening show in true stereo which are not released on CD and only here available: I got a woman/Amen - You gave me a mountain.

In the bootleg book (entry 838) You gave me a mountain is wrong dated. The right date is 09-04-72 eve

colonel snow

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Within a short time I start playing the LP Memphis Memories / label Memories 69 ST 1697

The LP was released late 1985 with "new" versions at the time; until today some tracks were never released on CD everywhere as far as I know. It's a pity that most tracks run too fast.

tracks in mono:
Stranger in my own home town - undubbed / edited to 2:52;
Who am I? - undubbed;
Memory revival - (instr. track);
The fair's movin' on - undubbed (only on this LP);
If I'm a fool - undubbed;
Kentucky rain - undubbed;
Do you know who I am - undubbed master take with harmony vocal (only on this LP);
After lovin' you - undubbed;
Power of my love - undubbed with harmony vocal (incomplete and only on this LP);
Hey Jude - without backing vocals;
Mama liked the roses - with overdubbed strings / harmony vocal;

colonel snow

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:22 pm

20170426_133708.jpg

The last vinyl album I bought back in 1987 until I got a turntable a few weeks ago.
Still my favourite compilation album probably for nostalgic reasons I suppose but it started me on Elvis fandom.Gave it a good clean and played it like an old friend.

norrie

Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Elvis Country. One of my all-time favorites!

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

OnStage55 wrote:Being an avid vinyl collector i still spin albums frequently, played these US LPM/LSP versions yesterday. 8)

GREAT vinyl collection OnStage55 :) How many you got ? are they all original USA pressings ?
Im also a Vinyl collection
I play almost every day a vinyl LP but not always Elvis, the last i played was a 1962 LP of Cliff Richard : "32 Minutes and 17 Seconds with Cliff richard"

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:17 pm

IMG_0419.JPG
"King Creole" collectors edition...

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I listened "From Elvis In Memphis", by MFLS - Original Master Recording and Golden Records vol. 5.

Nice topic !

By the way, anyone knows if FTD will reprint the following vinyl: Standing Room Only, That's The Way It Is, Jungle Room... and some others FTD totally sold out?

Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm

california boy wrote:I play almost every day a vinyl LP but not always Elvis, the last i played was a 1962 LP of Cliff Richard : "32 Minutes and 17 Seconds with Cliff richard"

'Let's Make A Memory' from that album is very nice indeed.

Andy

Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Just got this yesterday....nice compilation album.

18216367_446924042313194_159286468_o.jpg