Audience Recordings on Import CDs - How Many?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Audience Recordings on Import CDs - How Many?

Post by LesterB »

With the advent of soundboards i stopped buying audience recordings years ago apart from the odd one here and there.

Does anyone know how many different audience recordings there are now; If available it would be great to get the whole lot on MP3 to store on my ipod for easy reference.

It would be very interesting to select a certain song and then play them as to compare Elvis' performance from show to show, day to day, month to month and year to year. I think Polk Salad had a very interesting evolution over the years. I very much like the 76 arrangements which is really saying something as I find 76 shows abhorrent :(

JUST FOR TODAY

LSP-4445
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Re: Audience Recordings on Import CDs - How Many?

Post by LSP-4445 »

LesterB wrote:With the advent of soundboards i stopped buying audience recordings years ago apart from the odd one here and there.

Does anyone know how many different audience recordings there are now; If available it would be great to get the whole lot on MP3 to store on my ipod for easy reference.

It would be very interesting to select a certain song and then play them as to compare Elvis' performance from show to show, day to day, month to month and year to year. I think Polk Salad had a very interesting evolution over the years. I very much like the 76 arrangements which is really saying something as I find 76 shows abhorrent :(
This is not my "cup of tea" but there is a LOT.
Not only released silver original boots but also tons of shows only available among fans as files/cdr`s
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/index.html

StefanKock1

Post by StefanKock1 »

Maybe there's someone who counted them all, I didn't. There's 100's of 'em though and if you want the best you can best start with the list of our own Rob:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45938

colonel snow
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by colonel snow »

As far as I know around 700 audience recordings are available on tape - CDR - CD; the sound is from very poor till excellent.
In the late 70's - early 80's I've errased a few dozen of concerts (including a handful with 50's concerts) which were extremely poor. Later on I noticed that they never came back on lists with audience recordings. Do I regret? No, even for reference purpose they were too poor sounded.

colonel snow

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Please take this site..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/concertboot.htm

All audience recordings are listed here..and its the most accurate source in the net. Just count them.
Then I tell you that 702 shows are available currently. Take officially released shows in consideration and the remainder should be cd-r.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Post by LesterB »

Many thanks indeed for all of this.

JUST FOR TODAY