FTD Las Vegas 74 V 75?? Help needed.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
pacerburton
Registered for: 21 years

Re: FTD Las Vegas 74 V 75?? Help needed.

Post by pacerburton »

Ladies PLEASE put your handbags away...lol.
I think there's LOADS of valid arguments for EITHER set. I cannot thank you all enough...after reading ALL your comments I was still undecided, so I did a bit more detective work, and, low and behold, the answer was in my collection all the time. Believe it or not, the inspiration came from the poor quality version of 'you're the reason I'm living' from an old 80s boot LP.(I was trying to gauge how important the rarity of this track was to me) Then it DAWNED on me.....I HAVE this track along with other rarities from 75 on the 'live in Las vegas' 4 CD long boxset...DOH!!!!! :facep: so...it looks like we have a winner folks...74 set it is...roll on release date!!! Thanks again all. I really enjoyed this thread!!!

ANDY FROM SCOTLAND

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

pacerburton wrote:Ladies PLEASE put your handbags away...lol.
I think there's LOADS of valid arguments for EITHER set. I cannot thank you all enough...after reading ALL your comments I was still undecided, so I did a bit more detective work, and, low and behold, the answer was in my collection all the time. Believe it or not, the inspiration came from the poor quality version of 'you're the reason I'm living' from an old 80s boot LP.(I was trying to gauge how important the rarity of this track was to me) Then it DAWNED on me.....I HAVE this track along with other rarities from 75 on the 'live in Las vegas' 4 CD long boxset...DOH!!!!! :facep: so...it looks like we have a winner folks...74 set it is...roll on release date!!! Thanks again all. I really enjoyed this thread!!!
I know it's late bit I would still reconsider. The March 22, 1975 MS is probably Elvis' best post-1972 caught on soundboard tape, IMHO. Every performance is sung well and with verve and he is in a fantastic mood. It contains the rarities you note and above-average performances of his standard set list songs, too.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
pacerburton

Post by pacerburton »

MIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!....what are you doing to me???.... I thought I'd decided already...lol... You all DO realise that I'm now probably gonna HAVE to get BOTH....Hopefully I can hint to my wife to add one to birthday list....lol

ANDY FROM SCOTLAND

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

pacerburton wrote:MIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!....what are you doing to me???.... I thought I'd decided already...lol... You all DO realise that I'm now probably gonna HAVE to get BOTH....Hopefully I can hint to my wife to add one to birthday list....lol
You can blame it on me. :D

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
pacerburton

Post by pacerburton »

Well....That's it done...Las Vegas 74 ordered...thanks for all the input...and... Mike...I've dropped the hints for 75 for my birthday in July...lol

ANDY FROM SCOTLAND

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

pacerburton wrote:Well....That's it done...Las Vegas 74 ordered...
Good decision..you wont regret it.. :wink:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

roustabout2014
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by roustabout2014 »

Love the March 22 '75 show, E in such good spirits, energetic performances throughout, in great form. without question its one of my favourites.

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

I ordered the 1975 FTD just now after noticing it is on sale at shopelvis... this one has also been somewhat MIA on the USA websites as well. So I hope its worthwhile!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

andyj

Post by andyj »

Both are good and worth getting and to help possibly get to get both, I can let you have the 74 FTD Sealed delivered for just £12.00

Hope this helps your dilemma,

Topic author
pacerburton

Post by pacerburton »

Hi Andy....I thank you VERY much for this kind offer...unfortunately, I bought this Last month. I would GLADLY have bought it from you. Do you have any others???

ANDY FROM SCOTLAND

Beale
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Beale »

1975. He seemed like he was in a much better place physically and mentally than August 1974. JMO

March-June of 1975 that is.

elvisfan2003
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by elvisfan2003 »

I would take Las Vegas 1975, Elvis is in great spirits at the first show and the second is not as good as the first but very solid.

20 Days And 20 Nights

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

elvisfan2003 wrote:I would take Las Vegas 1975, Elvis is in great spirits at the first show and the second is not as good as the first but very solid.
In terms of assessing his best performance, out of the four concerts in question, Elvis is at his best vocally during the March 22, 1975 midnight show (disc one of Las Vegas 1975). Whether Elvis is in a "good mood" or in "great spirits" should not matter, because his "mood" does not necessarily reflect the actual quality of his performance.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

roustabout2014 wrote:Love the March 22 '75 show, E in such good spirits, energetic performances throughout, in great form. without question its one of my favourites.
Fantastic show with Elvis being in high spirits...and a good mood..yes...the sparkle was back again..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !