Deleted FTD Titles 2017

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

FatherJack1980
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Re: Deleted FTD Titles 2017

Post by FatherJack1980 »

midnightx wrote:FatherJack1980, do you think you could perhaps modify your signature? It is unpleasant to have one's entire monitor filled with Trump youtube links every time you make a post, particularly in the All Elvis section.
Take it up with the mods, and besides I post seldomly in the All Elvis section (and when the orange buffoon is no longer in office is when I'll take down the signature)

Harry S. Truman: The buck stops here

Donald Duck Trump: "I don't take responsibility at all"

"I do want always corruption" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 22 Nov 2019 :wtf: :facep:

"The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy" ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 6 Nov 2012

"Be prepared, there is a small chance that our horrendous leadership could unknowingly lead us into World War III." ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 31 Aug 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ydWzTnD7Fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotiVvyS1yk

And this is a-not-to-be-missed-instant-classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

"Elvis has left the house" :facep: ~ Donald "Birther" Trump - 16 Nov 2018

- he's clearly a patriot that respects the flag and a very stable genius with a large a-brain(!). I'm of course being sarcastic because Donald Trump is a moron.

Elvis2000
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Post by Elvis2000 »

midnightx wrote:Dixieland Delight is a piece of crap, should have been deleted years ago.
I wouldn't call Dixieland Delight crap, Dixieland Delight has a good pair of shows. But it is definitely weaker than what came a few weeks before in Mufreesboro and what came after in Dallas or Memphis.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by midnightx »

Elvis2000 wrote:
midnightx wrote:Dixieland Delight is a piece of crap, should have been deleted years ago.
I wouldn't call Dixieland Delight crap, Dixieland Delight has a good pair of shows. But it is definitely weaker than what came a few weeks before in Mufreesboro and what came after in Dallas or Memphis.
I disagree. There is nothing "delightful" about Dixieland Delight. Elvis is clearly impaired and his vocal work is largely substandard. Very reminiscent of 1976 concerts. It has been years since I played this FTD title, but IIRC, there are not any redeeming performances. It may be the worst 1975 concert release to date.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Ciscoking »

Elvis2000 wrote:
I wouldn't call Dixieland Delight crap, Dixieland Delight has a good pair of shows.
Absolutely ..its Elvis live in 1975 and it is fine. A good album with a good choice of performances...like it.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

sheila
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sheila »

Please....JUST ELVIS on this site!!!

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by emjel »

dougkapp wrote:Hello there, is there any information about the new FTD deletions?

I found on Ebay a seller, who claims the following titles are now deleted:

Elvis Presley - ELVIS: Las Vegas '74 - FTD 148 - New & Sealed - Deleted - £39.99
Elvis Presley - Elvis In Atlanta - 2 x FTD CD Set - New & Sealed - Deleted - £39.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/elvisstudiob/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

The seller is:
elvisstudiob
chris giles
The main website shows that they are not deleted. I suspect an error on the eBay one.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by emjel »

FatherJack1980 wrote:
midnightx wrote:FatherJack1980, do you think you could perhaps modify your signature? It is unpleasant to have one's entire monitor filled with Trump youtube links every time you make a post, particularly in the All Elvis section.
Take it up with the mods, and besides I post seldomly in the All Elvis section (and when the orange buffoon is no longer in office is when I'll take down the signature)
Yes get rid of the Trump YouTube links. This is not the place for your political viewpoints regardless of the limited times you post.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Ciscoking wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
I wouldn't call Dixieland Delight crap, Dixieland Delight has a good pair of shows.
Absolutely ..its Elvis live in 1975 and it is fine. A good album with a good choice of performances...like it.
And looking through the new Keith Alverson book whilst listening to the shows is amazing.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

joekro1977 wrote:Dixieland Rocks is a gem - a real shame that they're letting it go while at the same time inexplicably keeping mediocre crap like New Haven 76 and Minnesota Moment.
It includes the best version of "Fairytale" in pretty good sound also.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Post by When In Rome »

joekro1977 wrote:Dixieland Rocks is a gem - a real shame that they're letting it go while at the same time inexplicably keeping mediocre crap like New Haven 76 and Minnesota Moment.
Perhaps those two titles aren't so much being kept as just having a massive stockpile that they can't shift for love nor money? :wink:

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

All should be deleted months after release. :)

dougkapp
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by dougkapp »

Juan Luis wrote:All should be deleted months after release. :)
But... and the new fans? The new FTD customers? If FTD would deleted all soundboard few months after release, those titles would be rare, expensive. Sometimes I think about the new fans, how many of them are buying FTD. With 18 years of existence FTD probably has new customers every year. Maybe not so much as we would like...

Did you see what happened with the first FTD vinyl?? Jungle Room, Jailhouse Rock, That's The Way, and others, they are sold up to GBP 250,00 on ebay !! Why? because they are now deleted.... but a lot of fans, would like to be owner of them.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

dougkapp wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:All should be deleted months after release. :)
But... and the new fans? The new FTD customers? If FTD would deleted all soundboard few months after release, those titles would be rare, expensive. Sometimes I think about the new fans, how many of them are buying FTD. With 18 years of existence FTD probably has new customers every year. Maybe not so much as we would like...

Did you see what happened with the first FTD vinyl?? Jungle Room, Jailhouse Rock, That's The Way, and others, they are sold up to GBP 250,00 on ebay !! Why? because they are now deleted.... but a lot of fans, would like to be owner of them.
I was half kidding.

Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
I disagree. There is nothing "delightful" about Dixieland Delight. Elvis is clearly impaired and his vocal work is largely substandard. Very reminiscent of 1976 concerts. It has been years since I played this FTD title, but IIRC, there are not any redeeming performances. It may be the worst 1975 concert release to date.
While I agree with most of this, there are a few redeeming performances here. "I'm Leavin" is excellent, and I seem to remember that "For the Good Times" and "I Can't Stop Loving You" are pretty solid too. However, Elvis is clearly impaired in Huntsville. Although these shows are hyped up to be something else, they are probably the worst of the tour. Dixieland Delight is memorable for the crowd reaction and Elvis's great mood, sort of like the Atlanta twofer, except that Elvis put on much better shows in Atlanta.

The other day, I played the Prince from Another Planet concerts, and boy was he on fire, especially during the evening show. I keep revisiting the 1969, 1970, and 1972 multitracks, plus the March 1974 tour.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
While I agree with most of this, there are a few redeeming performances here. "I'm Leavin" is excellent, and I seem to remember that "For the Good Times" and "I Can't Stop Loving You" are pretty solid too. However, Elvis is clearly impaired in Huntsville. Although these shows are hyped up to be something else, they are probably the worst of the tour. Dixieland Delight is memorable for the crowd reaction and Elvis's great mood, sort of like the Atlanta twofer, except that Elvis put on much better shows in Atlanta.
I suspect that the Huntsville shows received praise years ago due to the above-average sound quality of the soundboard recordings, not the actual performance quality.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
I suspect that the Huntsville shows received praise years ago due to the above-average sound quality of the soundboard recordings, not the actual performance quality.
Can you prove your "suspicion"..?

I think the Huntsville shows are extra class good !!!

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

Extra class good? That is too much praise, I would say these shows are decent, but not as special or good as the Memphis show for example.

Deleted User 1099

Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

Extra class good? That is too much praise, I would say these shows are decent, but not as special or good as the Memphis show for example.
Those kind of comments from Ciscoking undermines his credibility. These shows are decent at best, and even that is a stretch. In my opinion, they are rather weak, embarrassing even. I might decide to give them a spin while working, just to have something running in the background, something I don't need to pay attention to, but I see no reason to actively listen to them ever again.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Ken Jensen wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:I suspect that the Huntsville shows received praise years ago due to the above-average sound quality of the soundboard recordings, not the actual performance quality.

Those kind of comments from Ciscoking undermines his credibility. These shows are decent at best, and even that is a stretch. In my opinion, they are rather weak, embarrassing even. I might decide to give them a spin while working, just to have something running in the background, something I don't need to pay attention to, but I see no reason to actively listen to them ever again.
Maybe he is actually talking about the photos taken during the run of 1975 shows in Huntsville by Keith Alverson and George Hill.

They "are extra class good !!!"

:D

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:I suspect that the Huntsville shows received praise years ago due to the above-average sound quality of the soundboard recordings, not the actual performance quality.

Maybe he is actually talking about the photos taken during the run of 1975 shows in Huntsville by Keith Alverson and George Hill.

They "are extra class good !!!"

:D
The Alverson photos are high quality and are mostly close up shots which means they stunning to look at. But listening to the shows doesn't have the same experience.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

The June 9, 1975 Memphis concert is another significantly overrated show. Good sound, substandard set-list, average performance.

Elvis2000

Post by Elvis2000 »

midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

The June 9, 1975 Memphis concert is another significantly overrated show. Good sound, substandard set-list, average performance.
June 9? I though it was June 10 AS.

Anyway the Memphis show is good and I enjoy the performance with Fairytale being my highlight. But I used it as a comparison against the poorer Huntsville shows.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Elvis2000 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

Anyway the Memphis show is good and I enjoy the performance with Fairytale being my highlight. But I used it as a comparison against the poorer Huntsville shows.
Correct, it was a typo. Nevertheless, I find the Memphis show to be quite underwhelming on a number of levels. The set-list is very substandard. Elvis goes through the motions and set-list is very pedestrian with way too much bloat.

Deleted User 1099

midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

Correct, it was a typo. Nevertheless, I find the Memphis show to be quite underwhelming on a number of levels. The set-list is very substandard. Elvis goes through the motions and set-list is very pedestrian with way too much bloat.
I always thought highly of the 1975 Memphis show. Ironically, FTD ruined that illusion by pairing it with one of the vastly superior Memphis shows from the year before.

Topic author
Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

Ken Jensen wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Elvis2000 wrote:

The other day, I played the Prince from Another Planet concerts, and boy was he on fire, especially during the evening show. I keep revisiting the 1969, 1970, and 1972 multitracks, plus the
March 1974 tour.
For The Good Times is not so good, Elvis actually does a better version of it a year and a half later in Birmingham.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets