Deleted FTD Titles 2017

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: Deleted FTD Titles 2017

Post by emjel »

Mike Windgren on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 am wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
emjel on September 30th, 2017, 9:10 am wrote:
Mike Windgren on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 am wrote:
emjel on September 29th, 2017, 11:50 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 pm wrote:
emjel on September 29th, 2017, 4:25 pm wrote:
Mike Windgren on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:38 pm wrote:
emjel on September 29th, 2017, 1:29 pm wrote:
Tony.. on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 am wrote:The reason they're deleting some titles is, I'm guessing, so that can reissue some as double CDs sets with more outtakes on. Probably ones like VLV, FIA and World's Fair have many outtakes that haven't been plundered yet.
Also 'Girl Happy' needs to be redone using the unedited masters that have appeared on bootlegs via acetate sources etc.
Why would they delete two releases that have only been out for 4-5 months so that they can re-release some Soundtracks onto Double CDs. I think that is wishful thinking.
The soundtracks Tony mentioned, were not released 4 or 5 months ago, they were released mid-2000 :roll:. Girl Happy was re-released later because they found better masters and to include the master take of You´ll Be Gone. They may be re-released to include better masterings & more outtakes, specially: "Viva Las Vegas" & "Fun In Acapulco"! 8). Bye for now :smt006.
Tony states "The reason they're deleting some titles is, I'm guessing, so that can reissue some as double CDs sets with more outtakes on". The soundtracks Tony mentioned have not been deleted anyhow, so cannot understand the point you are making. We are discussing reasons why two very recent releases that came out 4-5 months ago have been deleted.
If those soundtracks: "Viva Las Vegas" & "Fun In Acapulco" are released as 2 cd sets in the future, they will be deleted first too! :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.
What part of this thread do you not understand. We are not discussing releases that "might" be deleted. We are discussing titles that have deleted and have only been available for less than 5 months.
The one that you neither understand.... :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.
If as Tony says and you seem to accept (or should that be "hope"), FTD are deleting soundboard albums to prune the catalogue to make way for re-issues of a few Soundtrack albums in Double CD Format. Yet you also state that FTD would delete the original soundtracks anyhow, so why delete the soundboards in the first place, especially ones that came out less than 5 months ago.
Because they don´t sell enough? :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.
Really - you must be kidding. I posted that fact a day or so ago, but was told that the reason for deletions was to make room for some upgraded soundtrack albums, which you appear to have agreed on. But it was a rhetorical question anyway.

However if these two titles have not sold enough, what makes them different from previous soundboards that came out, say, last year. What has changed. Are fans suddenly getting fed up with soundboard albums? After all, both releases got pretty good reviews upon release earlier this year and certainly no worse than other soundboards.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

There's another possibility as to why titles are being deleted more frequently. Overall sales are down, so they press less to begin with, but the speed with which titles sell hasn't changed. So let's say in the past they've pressed 5000 copies. I'm making these numbers up. 3000 sell in the first six months, the other 2000 don't sell for three or four years. So now, they press up 3000, they still sell out quickly, and they delete the title. It saves having a warehouse full of product for years on end.

I just realised this point had already been made, but it won't let me delete it. (Why?) So ignore this post.

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 3 months

Post by When In Rome »

The Pirate wrote:There's another possibility as to why titles are being deleted more frequently. Overall sales are down, so they press less to begin with, but the speed with which titles sell hasn't changed. So let's say in the past they've pressed 5000 copies. I'm making these numbers up. 3000 sell in the first six months, the other 2000 don't sell for three or four years. So now, they press up 3000, they still sell out quickly, and they delete the title. It saves having a warehouse full of product for years on end.

I just realised this point had already been made, but it won't let me delete it. (Why?) So ignore this post.
It's more eloquently put than I tried earlier though. Concise and straight to the point... :wink:

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...

JEFF d
Registered for: 21 years

Post by JEFF d »

I guess we will just have to chalk the deletions of ''Las Vegas '74'' & ''Atlanta 75'' up as being instant collectables, better get'em (and any new soundboard on FTD) while you can...

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

JEFF d on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am wrote:I guess we will just have to chalk the deletions of ''Las Vegas '74'' & ''Atlanta 75'' up as being instant collectables, better get'em (and any new soundboard on FTD) while you can...

JEFF d
EP fan
Again, there is no official confirmation these titles have been "deleted."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Does FTD team ever give official confirmation when a title is deleted though? Lets just say they are officially ''sold out'' then because that is what I was told (about the Atlanta release anyways)

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

emjel
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by emjel »

JEFF d on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 pm wrote:Does FTD team ever give official confirmation when a title is deleted though? Lets just say they are officially ''sold out'' then because that is what I was told (about the Atlanta release anyways)

JEFF d
EP fan
Yes - Sold Out at FTD and not being re-pressed. But whatever is the correct terminology, these two titles are virtually impossible to obtain now. it seems strange that The Elvis Shop, EE and the OEPFC are all saying deleted. I assume they are getting that info from someone. Maybe FTD should announce deletions officially when they announce new product and if no deletions say so. Eg Three new releases for Xxx month are...... - No deletions to announce.

~
Living is easy with eyes closed...misunderstanding all you see...

cs2003
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by cs2003 »

"From Elvis Presley Boulevard" listed as deleted on the Elvis London Shop website !!!

When In Rome

Post by When In Rome »

cs2003 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:"From Elvis Presley Boulevard" listed as deleted on the Elvis London Shop website !!!
As is 'Hot August Night'...

joekro1977
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by joekro1977 »

When In Rome on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 am wrote:
cs2003 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm wrote:"From Elvis Presley Boulevard" listed as deleted on the Elvis London Shop website !!!
Wow...just wow.

Both of these releases are essential - I can't imagine what their strategy is in deleting these.

It's 800 miles from my house to Graceland, but I'm always up for making the trip!

When In Rome

Post by When In Rome »

joekro1977 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm wrote:
Wow...just wow.

Both of these releases are essential - I can't imagine what their strategy is in deleting these.
Well, call me a cynical old [insert personal choice of endearment here] but sometimes the good ol' Elvis Shop London appears to ramp up the price of certain titles with a (Deleted/Last Copies) tag attached, only to subsequently have them seemingly fully back in stock at some future point at a more reasonable price; so my advice would be to proceed with caution and double check other avenues before diving in with ones wallet open...

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

Greystoke on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm wrote:
emjel on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:24 pm wrote:
JEFF d on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:58 pm wrote:Does FTD team ever give official confirmation when a title is deleted though? Lets just say they are officially ''sold out'' then because that is what I was told (about the Atlanta release anyways)

JEFF d
EP fan
Yes - Sold Out at FTD and not being re-pressed. But whatever is the correct terminology, these two titles are virtually impossible to obtain now. it seems strange that The Elvis Shop, EE and the OEPFC are all saying deleted. I assume they are getting that info from someone. Maybe FTD should announce deletions officially when they announce new product and if no deletions say so. Eg Three new releases for Xxx month are...... - No deletions to announce.
There's a new copy of Sold Out on Amazon that's selling for £24.99 plus £1.26 postage. Just incase anybody is looking. The seller, deltaoak, is somebody I've bought from several times, although their packaging isn't the best.
Yeah, I used to use them. Trustworthy and fast, but after too many squashed ones I went elsewhere. Packaging was just thin cardboard IIRC.

Looks like everything is going to be deleted, ie not repressed, eventually.
Sad, but hardly surprising. The physical media market has been changing for years now, but it’s really got bizarre and extreme the change in the past year or so, as far as I see. HMV in Central London is often deserted at the cash registers, while the used vinyl stores up the road in Soho are heaving with piles of affluent under30 year olds paying absurd amounts for LPs that a few years ago were only worth £10 or so, now they’re £30, £40, £60..

These people don’t care about CDs.

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

joekro1977 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm wrote:
Wow...just wow.

Most pressing plants have a minimum order of 500 - 1000 units for properly packaged CDs. In 2018, it sadly doesn’t surprise me that when FTD stock runs out, it isn’t repressed. 500 - 1000 Hot August Nights are not gonna shift overnight, Blvd even more slowly. No company will keep repeatedly paying for the manufacture and storage of stock that will take months, or even years, to sell out.

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

It's interesting that prices on eBay of used Ftds have fallen quite dramatically in the last few months - sealed copies of deleted titles too. It is likely that some people are looking at their collections and wondering why they own stuff they don't play, others have passed away and their families are listing their collections, and those that bought multiple copies are now wondering why they bothered as the price hasn't increased. Hot August night gas held its price, but most haven't. So this is probably why there is no repress. Who is going to pay £23 when then get it for £15? Not 500 to 1000 people.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

poormadpeter2 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 am wrote:It's interesting that prices on eBay of used Ftds have fallen quite dramatically in the last few months - sealed copies of deleted titles too. It is likely that some people are looking at their collections and wondering why they own stuff they don't play, others have passed away and their families are listing their collections, and those that bought multiple copies are now wondering why they bothered as the price hasn't increased. Hot August night gas held its price, but most haven't. So this is probably why there is no repress. Who is going to pay £23 when then get it for £15? Not 500 to 1000 people.
I had to resort to ebay earlier this month in order to obtain a sealed copy of "Paradise Hawaiian Style" since the cover my first copy got dinged on all 4 corners when the cabinet I had them in gave way. That title has held up well value wise since it is now out of print.

Just curious, has anybody received a sealed 7-inch FTD with a partial crease in the front or back cover near the spine? For example, you can see some creasing below the "E" on the cover on the picture below. Can you fix it?

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

cs2003
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by cs2003 »

Now Dig This have listed the Viva Las Vegas Sessions as discontinued, if you don't have it buy before prices rocket.