Let Me Be There (with reprise)
Monologue
It's Now Or Never
Can't Help Falling In Love
Closing Vamp

Bonus (August 29, 19474, DS)
How Great Thou Art
Early Morning Rain

Note: The CD was announced in November 2016, but released in mid February 2017. In the meantime the Ragdoll label brings out the same concert on "12:00 am"
Press note (sic):
The CD "Elvis - Hilton Showroom Volume 6" is a brandnew 2 CD Set which will be released at the end of this month (November). This time we have decided to release the Midnight Show from August 27, 1974 and it is the first time that this show is available on a “real” cd in its entirety. One day earlier (on the 26th) Elvis had to cancel both shows to virtually “stay in bed” because of the flu. He was definitely upset about this and has been heard saying “I would have not canceled a show but the doctors told me that I might get pneumonia again and put me in bed for several days”. But just one day later - on the 27th - he was back again!

If you are familiar with Elvis´ engagement in August of 1974 you sure are “used” to a whole lot of unusual shows with a very talkative Elvis, who was really “upbeat” most of the time and sometimes (especially at the end of the engagement) even aggressive. Still, these shows were almost all very entertaining and definitely had their moments. Las Vegas newspapers announced the return of the “King” with the words “Elvis Presley continues his blockbuster two-week engagement in the main showroom of the Las Vegas Hilton with two shows every night at 8 p.m. and midnight. The gyrating, swivel-hipped superstar, now in his 11th Hilton appearance. is once again setting new attendance records at every show.” Elvis Presley in 1974 was kind of an “undisputed” champion in terms of percentage of seats sold related to Las Vegas and the many performers who played there. Fans of our series know what to expect from our brandnew 2 CD Set, not only from listening but also from reading in the usual high quality booklet that is included with first-hand information from what was going on at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas in August of 1974 – including a review of the show written by Martha Collins who was in the audience. The review was printed just two weeks later in Rex Martin´s legendary weekly Elvis News magazine.

Please be aware that this new release is limited to 300 copies only! Be sure to get your copy if you are interested. Once you have it in your hands, we hope your spare time will allow you to sit back, put your headphones on, flip through the accompanied 16-page booklet and listen to the Midnight Show from August 27, 1974. It´s Las Vegas! It´s the Hilton Hotel Showroom! It´s ELVIS! Enjoy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TCB FROM QUEBEC

Rob
Registered for: 8 years

Re: Hilton Showroom Volume 6

Post by Rob »

I was satisfied enough with the Ragdoll CD.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Hilton Showroom Volume 6

Post by drjohncarpenter »

See topic from November:

Elvis - Hilton Showroom Volume 6
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95219

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!