Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Daughter and I had a little bit of fun last night and looked at all the covers on Youtube, thought we would share - just for some Friday fun (sure you can find others).

UB40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUdloUqZa7w

Andy Williams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA7wNJ_cxmo

Ed Sheeran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_hE7iKpKo

Tom Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf4RSdLnV-Q

Bruce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1BUGpatDk

Celine Dion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJGnMaIGr8k

Michael Buble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlRUvf7gWGw

Sam Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHTDyyaYdo

Megan Trainor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VJfq0jb_tc

The Killers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRS5yhIrY2Q

Andrea Bocelli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPizIaBPhSg

Kelly Clarkson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMED2DLTmLY

Pearl Jam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeoQEsekmw

Twenty One Pilots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThQkrXHdh4

Harry Styles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oG2e_w0p0

Bon Jovi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwHuX7WRRc

U2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZliEmPRDs8

The Stylistics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKalmoo2j3g

Wayne Newton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xxKoKLwJss

Chris Isaak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi9HY3eOfEY

Leonard Cohen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2N0cnPr1c

Panic At The Disco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PcHE13zV9c

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:03 pm

You can add to this list:

Andy Williams (1970);
Al Martino (1970);
Nana Mouskouri (1971);
Bob Dylan (1973) and many more (sometimes in another languages).


colonel snow

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Let's add another Canadian to that list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Hart_(singer)

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:01 pm

James Bay
https://youtu.be/xsCHi_mUh3s

Shawn Mendes
https://youtu.be/23JrPGigFb0
Last edited by pacer on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:57 pm

A rather nice, and effective, one in The Conjuring 2:

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Can't Help Falling in Love may be Elvis`s most popular and enduring song, and there's been some great versions over the years. One I'm very fond of is Haley Reinhart`s recording.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Please don't kill me. This guy was on David Letterman's Elvis week shows back a few years ago. I have always remembered his rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" as it's so very respectful of Elvis and he sings it beautifully. Just give it a listen.

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:19 pm

O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:23 pm

pacer wrote:O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)


Did you listen to it and give him a fair chance? Just because he was on Letterman's Elvis week show doesn't make this a bad version. It's quite good in my humble opinion. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 pm

lovin' EP wrote:
pacer wrote:O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)


Did you listen to it and give him a fair chance? Just because he was on Letterman's Elvis week show doesn't make this a bad version. It's quite good in my humble opinion. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda


I'm pulling your leg Linda. It is a very fine version.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:35 am

Doris Day (with the vinyl crackles)
https://youtu.be/5zRH8w4Pp1k
Last edited by pacer on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:49 am

lovin' EP wrote:
pacer wrote:O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)


Did you listen to it and give him a fair chance? Just because he was on Letterman's Elvis week show doesn't make this a bad version. It's quite good in my humble opinion. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda


I enjoy it much better when I close my eyes for 5:04 min...sounds ok then!! :lol:

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 am

UB40's is one of my favorites!!

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 am

Julio Iglesias
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9wtU3eX4E

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:01 am

Andrea Bocelli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPizIaBPhSg

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:49 am

Can I just listen to Elvis' 1961 master? Perfection!

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:15 am

I've always thought this was SO sweet. Love it!

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:22 am

I always thought the song was too beautiful to be sung to the grandma in the movie and that it needed to be sung to the love interest of the film. Just my opinion.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 am

This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:36 am

stevelecher wrote:I always thought the song was too beautiful to be sung to the grandma in the movie and that it needed to be sung to the love interest of the film. Just my opinion.


Oh, I think it was very sweet that he sang it to the grandma. Besides, I think his girl knew it was meant for her, too. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:38 am

lovin' EP wrote:This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda



Can I just be you for a few moments just so I can have your memories ? It's so great to have fans here who experienced the King In Concert .Thanks for your memories.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:32 am

Yes. That was a cool story. I saw Elvis at 5 shows but I wasn't close enough to have even made eye contact with him. You shared a moment with him. Very cool. Thanks.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:58 am

Stray Cats rule

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:08 am


As noted in the OP, Twenty One Pilots have an absolutely beautiful version.

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:04 am

lovin' EP wrote:This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda


Whoa! How lucky you are. Have you still got the scarf?