colonel snow
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: Can't Help Falling In Love Covers

Post by colonel snow »

You can add to this list:

Andy Williams (1970);
Al Martino (1970);
Nana Mouskouri (1971);
Bob Dylan (1973) and many more (sometimes in another languages).

colonel snow

Domino
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Domino »

Let's add another Canadian to that list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Hart_singer

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

A rather nice, and effective, one in The Conjuring 2:

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

Please don't kill me. This guy was on David Letterman's Elvis week shows back a few years ago. I have always remembered his rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" as it's so very respectful of Elvis and he sings it beautifully. Just give it a listen.

Elvisly,

Linda

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

pacer wrote:O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)
Did you listen to it and give him a fair chance? Just because he was on Letterman's Elvis week show doesn't make this a bad version. It's quite good in my humble opinion. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

lovin' EP wrote:
pacer wrote:O Linda, it was all going so beautifully well.

There's no going back now ;)
Did you listen to it and give him a fair chance? Just because he was on Letterman's Elvis week show doesn't make this a bad version. It's quite good in my humble opinion. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda
I enjoy it much better when I close my eyes for 5:04 min...sounds ok then!! :lol:

elvis-fan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by elvis-fan »

UB40's is one of my favorites!!

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sylvain »

Julio Iglesias

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by sylvain »

Andrea Bocelli

stevelecher
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by stevelecher »

Can I just listen to Elvis' 1961 master? Perfection!

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

I've always thought this was SO sweet. Love it!

Elvisly,

Linda

stevelecher

Post by stevelecher »

I always thought the song was too beautiful to be sung to the grandma in the movie and that it needed to be sung to the love interest of the film. Just my opinion.

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

stevelecher wrote:I always thought the song was too beautiful to be sung to the grandma in the movie and that it needed to be sung to the love interest of the film. Just my opinion.
Oh, I think it was very sweet that he sang it to the grandma. Besides, I think his girl knew it was meant for her, too. LOL

Elvisly,

Linda

Domino
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Domino »

lovin' EP wrote:This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda

Can I just be you for a few moments just so I can have your memories ? It's so great to have fans here who experienced the King In Concert .Thanks for your memories.

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage

stevelecher

Post by stevelecher »

Yes. That was a cool story. I saw Elvis at 5 shows but I wasn't close enough to have even made eye contact with him. You shared a moment with him. Very cool. Thanks.

norrie
Registered for: 20 years

Post by norrie »

Stray Cats rule

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

As noted in the OP, Twenty One Pilots have an absolutely beautiful version.

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

lovin' EP wrote:This song has very special memories for me. I was in Vegas and had a stage seat a little to the right of center stage. I was just in awe of my seat and Elvis was so beautiful. I didn't make any effort to get his attention or get a scarf because I was so mesmerized. Anyway, at the end of the show Elvis was singing "Can't Help Falling in Love' and walked all the way across to the other side of the stage giving away scarves. He was heading back to the microphone to end the show and I realized I didn't have a scarf. I started waiving at him but I figured he would stop at the microphone and end the show. But to my amazement he passed by the microphone and headed directly to me. I told him that at the show the night before a lady had grabbed my scarf that he tried to give me. He just gave me this look that he understood completely and walked over to me and bent down and handed me the scarf that he had rolled up in his hand. It was amazing. This girl that was sitting by me was hollering and crying and Elvis turned around and walked towards Charlie. Elvis then turned back around and I pointed at the girl and he came back over and gave her a scarf. She sat down and put her head in her hands and was crying and thanking me for calling him back over. One of the best moments I had with Elvis. :D

Elvisly,

Linda
Wow, Linda, what a story! Thank you so much for sharing that story. Your story is one of the many reasons
why we love Elvis!!!! Thanks

rlj

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Linda...you remember the date..?

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

Ciscoking wrote:Linda...you remember the date..?

Cisco, sorry believe it or not, I don't remember the date. I'm an idiot because I kept very few records of my experiences. :x

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

pacer wrote:

Elvisly,

Linda
Whoa! How lucky you are. Have you still got the scarf?

OH, YES INDEED, I STILL HAVE THE SCARF. :D

FrankieRider2

Post by FrankieRider2 »

Very nice story Linda. My connection like that has since passed on, but I have her scarf.

On topic, the best cover I've ever heard was done by '80s rocker Richard Marx during an acoustic break at his concert at Barton Coliseum in Little Rock, AR back in the early 90s....

Frankie Rider, II
Arkansas
USA

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

Pacer, are you asking for a picture of the scarf?

Here it is in all its glory!! Wish I knew the exact date. I know who was with me, but don't have any way to contact them to see if they know the exact date. And it's not sad at all. It's a wonderful memory that makes me very happy.

Elvisly,

Linda

Blue Scarf.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lovin' EP

Post by lovin' EP »

I HAVE AN IDEA AND WAS WNDERING IF ANY OF YOU COMPUTER GURUS COULD WORK THIS OUT FOR ME. THE SCARF IN THIS PICTURE WAS GIVEN TO ME BY ELVIS IN VEGAS DURING THE LAST SONG OF THE SHOW (CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU). IS THERE ANYWAY SOMEONE COULD ADD THE AUDIO OF CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE TO MY PICTURE? JUST WONDERING.

Elvisly,

Linda

[attachment=0]Blue Scarf.jpg[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.