Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Re: Welcome To My World lp on FTD?.

Post by fn2drive »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony C wrote:I got the info from Keith's website, you obviously read things differently to me. I'm sorry Elvis never completed those five unreleased (Stereo '57 was a bootleg) takes but that is beyond our control. Perhaps you do not think that the release of around ninety seconds of material from a fifties session is important, but I do.
It probably helps knowing official and unofficial releases of 1957 material, and paying closer attention to reference websites.

You can see on the session page for "Is It So Strange" a listing called Essential Elvis Volume 2. The full title is Stereo '57: Essential Elvis Volume 2. Keith avoided confusion with the import by listing the RCA release that way.

I agree that anything fresh from the 1950s sessions is important. Such recordings are now like finding hen's teeth, and to dismiss them in any fashion does not sound like the thought process of a deep fan. Comments or bits of singing on the false starts may contain insight into Presley's creative process, and for the serious collector that prospect is exciting. He was 22, he was on top of the world.

In addition, we will hear "Is Is So Strange" from the binaural stereo safety master reel. That should be a real treat on headphones.
Great post Doc. But as you know the censors will call for your head. They only listen to the original final masters not outtakes and certainly not chatter becuase they are enlightened already. Only mere plebs seek knowledge from listening to what is in the historical archives. They would prefer to burn the artifacts. Sad.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward