More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Welcome To My World lp on FTD?.

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Inspired on the topic about upcoming SONY/FTD releases, this past weekend I had a very nice talk with a fellow Elvis fan about a possible 40th Anniversary FTD release of Welcome To My World lp :smt023.

"Welcome To My World" lp RCA Victor APL1-2274 was released on 03/17/1977, just 5 months before Elvis passing. It contains all previously released tracks except the unreleased live track of "I Can´t Stop Loving You", recorded at the Madison Square Garden in June 10th, 1972 (Afternoon show). It was a mix of 6 live tracks & 4 studio tracks :smt020.

Elvis-Welcome To My World lp audio rip.

After Elvis passing, it quickly went for a "Gold" certification on 09/30/1977 & "Platinum" certification five years later on 01/14/1983. It sold like candies..... 8).

The song Welcome To My World which was recorded only live a few times, is the one used as the main title of the album. I´ve been always fond of this song since I first heard this tune when I bought my original Spanish lp reléase: "Elvis-Bienvenido a mi mundo" back in 1977.

Elvis-Bienvenido a mi mundo lp. RCA Victor PL-12274. Orange label.

P.S: IIRC Elvis sang Welcome To My World only three times:

Alternate Aloha TV Reheasal Show-January 12th, 1973.

Aloha From Hawaii TV Via Satelitte-January 14th, 1973.

Short audio recorded live Las Vegas in 1975.

Normally FTD does not celebrate any anniversary to highlight an original lp release but SONY does. Being 2017 the 40th Anniversary of Elvis passing, it would be nice if a special release is done of this lp. Any of both could do it and a possible proposed trackinglist could be for the following 2 cd set! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Original Album:

CD 1

-WELCOME TO MY WORLD - Live
-HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
-RELEASE ME - Live
-I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW
-FOR THE GOOD TIMES - Live
-MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY
-GENTLE ON MY MIND
-I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY - Live
-YOUR CHEATIN' HEART
-I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU - Live June 10, 1972 afternoon show

Alternates:

-WELCOME TO MY WORLD - Live alternate from Aloha rehearsal show
-HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT - alternate take
-RELEASE ME - Live alternate from Feb.19, 1970 dinner show
-I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW - Undubbed master
-FOR THE GOOD TIMES - Studio master take
-MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY - Undubbed takes 1 & 3
-GENTLE ON MY MIND - with track replacement overdubs... (as issued on the FTD, "From Elvis In Memphis")
-I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY - Live alternate from Aloha rehearsal show
-YOUR CHEATIN' HEART - alternate take 
-I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU - Live June 10, 1972 evening show

CD 2

Bonus takes from the 70s

Ernst could use this section to issue any 1970s unreleased takes/alternate takes 
that he has available in the vaults. Also, he could include some previously released alternate takes that relate to the songs from this original album.  

P.S: This lp was was such a huge seller that even several pieces of memorabilia were made...... :wink:-

Note book.

T-shirt.

Source: https://www.elvisrecords.com/apl1-2274-welcome-to-my-world
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

chop983
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Re: Welcome To My World on FTD?.

Post by chop983 »

I'd buy it.

YDKM

Re: Welcome To My World on FTD?.

Post by YDKM »

:D i like this Album Mike... was first Elvis record i liked and bought`!
apart from a VERY out of place and dated 'your cheating heart' i loved the songs and alternate take great compilation and cover- always been one of my favourites

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

drjohncarpenter

Re: Welcome To My World lp on FTD?.

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Welcome To My World would be seen as a "bottom of the barrel" release by FTD.

It was a "filler" title because Elvis' ability to cut enough material for a studio LP release in 1977 was almost nonexistent.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Will
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Will »

I enjoyed this album when I got it on LP and then again on cd.......but sorry not an FTD option for me.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Oh come on now! This is really scraping it. It was scraping it back in 1977 as per Doc has pointed out. But of course people would buy it. it has been proven Elvis fans buy anything, ANYTHING!

brian
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by brian »

I thought this was a solid country & western compilation and I liked the cover for a change. Most covers for Elvis' albums I didn't like.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D i still REALLY like it :D
why Elvis even sang three of the songs in his 'live' shows since it came out in 77' :o
=especially 'I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW' maybe he wouldn't have sung it had this not been released :!:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

a mess of polk salad
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Location: I've been a millionaire since I was 21, it's just a hobby to me...

Post by a mess of polk salad »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Inspired on the topic about upcoming SONY/FTD releases, this past weekend I had a very nice talk with a fellow Elvis fan about a possible 40th Anniversary FTD release of Welcome To My World lp :smt023.

"Welcome To My World" lp RCA Victor APL1-2274 was released on 03/17/1977, just 5 months before Elvis passing. It contains all previously released tracks except the unreleased live track of "I Can´t Stop Loving You", recorded at the Madison Square Garden in June 10th, 1972 (Afternoon show). It was a mix of 6 live tracks & 4 studio tracks :smt020.

Elvis-Welcome To My World lp audio rip.

After Elvis passing, it quickly went for a "Gold" certification on 09/30/1977 & "Platinum" certification five years later on 01/14/1983. It sold like candies..... 8).

The song Welcome To My World which was recorded only live a few times, is the one used as the main title of the album. I´ve been always fond of this song since I first heard this tune when I bought my original Spanish lp reléase: "Elvis-Bienvenido a mi mundo" back in 1977.

Elvis-Bienvenido a mi mundo lp. RCA Victor PL-12274. Orange label.

P.S: IIRC Elvis sang Welcome To My World only three times:

Alternate Aloha TV Reheasal Show-January 12th, 1973.

Aloha From Hawaii TV Via Satelitte-January 14th, 1973.

Short audio recorded live Las Vegas in 1975.

Normally FTD does not celebrate any anniversary to highlight an original lp release but SONY does. Being 2017 the 40th Anniversary of Elvis passing, it would be nice if a special release is done of this lp. Any of both could do it and a possible proposed trackinglist could be for the following 2 cd set! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Original Album:

CD 1

-WELCOME TO MY WORLD - Live
-HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
-RELEASE ME - Live
-I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW
-FOR THE GOOD TIMES - Live
-MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY
-GENTLE ON MY MIND
-I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY - Live
-YOUR CHEATIN' HEART
-I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU - Live June 10, 1972 afternoon show

Alternates:

-WELCOME TO MY WORLD - Live alternate from Aloha rehearsal show
-HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT - alternate take
-RELEASE ME - Live alternate from Feb.19, 1970 dinner show
-I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW - Undubbed master
-FOR THE GOOD TIMES - Studio master take
-MAKE THE WORLD GO AWAY - Undubbed takes 1 & 3
-GENTLE ON MY MIND - with track replacement overdubs... (as issued on the FTD, "From Elvis In Memphis")
-I'M SO LONESOME I COULD CRY - Live alternate from Aloha rehearsal show
-YOUR CHEATIN' HEART - alternate take 
-I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU - Live June 10, 1972 evening show

CD 2

Bonus takes from the 70s

Ernst could use this section to issue any 1970s unreleased takes/alternate takes 
that he has available in the vaults. Also, he could include some previously released alternate takes that relate to the songs from this original album.  

P.S: This lp was was such a huge seller that even several pieces of memorabilia were made...... :wink:-

Note book.

T-shirt.

Source: https://www.elvisrecords.com/apl1-2274-welcome-to-my-world
Lovely post Mike. Image

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The moment we're living is now, now now now now now ...

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

YDKM wrote::D i still REALLY like it :D
why Elvis even sang three of the songs in his 'live' shows since it came out in 77' :o
=especially 'I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW' maybe he wouldn't have sung it had this not been released :!:
I made that suggestion on a few other topics. His introduction of a shortened "I Really Don't Want To Know" starting on tour in late May 1977 may well have come from the fact it was included on the Welcome To My World compilation released in mid-March.

But you greatly exaggerate by saying "Elvis even sang three of the songs in his 'live' shows since it came out in 77." He included "Release Me" and "I Can't Stop Loving You" just once after the LP was issued, in the final show done on June 26.

At any rate, Welcome To My World cannot be considered worthy of "classic album" status in the FTD catalog.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

brian wrote:I thought this was a solid country & western compilation and I liked the cover for a change. Most covers for Elvis' albums I didn't like.
Absolutely..and I would love to see a FTD treatment !

Nice posting Mike...thank you.

:smt023

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Don't you love how the LP's back notes that Make the World Go Away is a live recording? Ahh, no.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

colonel snow
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by colonel snow »

A few of the "alternates" can be found on the original release like Elvis country - Elvis now. This WTMW LP is a compilation with remixes because RCA had no new tracks to release.

colonel snow

Tim C
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Prolonged Suspension. Repeat Offender
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by Tim C »

I'd like to see this and the Always On My Mind album together on a Legacy Twofer. Always On My Mind had the orchestral overdubs and I liked that version immensely. In the US, we haven't had a remastered version of the overdubbed AOMM as far as I know since the original release in the 80's. Apparently Ernst doesn't care for this version enough to remix/remaster it and release it here in the US or he doesn't have the master.

When someone has an audience, do not disrupt them with the purpose of stealing their audience.
When you do a favor do not make others notice your effort.
Do not be impressed by strong personalities.

L Ray
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by L Ray »

A big pass for me.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

Why is the author of the OP constantly pushing for FTD reissues of substandard albums and forgettable compilations?

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

midnightx wrote:Why is the author of the OP constantly pushing for FTD reissues of substandard albums and forgettable compilations?
I know !! He should spend more time coming up with "My Boy" zingers that NEVER get old. ::rocks

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

TINML wrote:
midnightx wrote:Why is the author of the OP constantly pushing for FTD reissues of substandard albums and forgettable compilations?
I know !! He should spend more time coming up with "My Boy" zingers that NEVER get old. ::rocks
Well, the message board certainly could use additional, original My Boy zingers.

Jarle Jensen

Post by Jarle Jensen »

drjohncarpenter wrote: At any rate, Welcome To My World cannot be considered worthy of "classic album" status in the FTD catalog.
You're probably right, but there's allready many other Elvis albums out there as "classic albums" that doesn't deserve the "classic album" stamp. So "Welcome To My World" should be more than OK to add to this series. The same goes for the "A Legendary Performer" series.

kind regards
Jarle Jensen

Jarle Jensen

Post by Jarle Jensen »

Mike C wrote:Don't you love how the LP's back notes that Make the World Go Away is a live recording? Ahh, no.
Have you not heard it, you can find it on the withdrawn first pressing of the album. It's in glorious stereo taken from a multi track live recording :P

kind regards
Jarle Jensen

stevelecher
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by stevelecher »

Jarle Jensen wrote:
Mike C wrote:Don't you love how the LP's back notes that Make the World Go Away is a live recording? Ahh, no.
Have you not heard it, you can find it on the withdrawn first pressing of the album. It's in glorious stereo taken from a multi track live recording :P
Uh no, there was never a live recording of Make The World Go Away on this album. There was an alternate ending on the song, starting with the guitar break through to the conclusion of the song. Perhaps you're thinking of Welcome To My World.

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

stevelecher wrote:
Jarle Jensen wrote:
Uh no, there was never a live recording of Make The World Go Away on this album. There was an alternate ending on the song, starting with the guitar break through to the conclusion of the song. Perhaps you're thinking of Welcome To My World.
Jarle did say ''Withdrawn''

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Jarle Jensen

Post by Jarle Jensen »

Johnny2523 wrote: Jarle did say ''Withdrawn''
:-) And it was ofcours a joke, and you got it.

Sorry "stevelecher", it was too tempting!

kind regards
Jarle Jensen

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by fn2drive »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Welcome To My World would be seen as a "bottom of the barrel" release by FTD.

It was a "filler" title because Elvis' ability to cut enough material for a studio LP release in 1977 was almost nonexistent.
Boy, filler is being really charitable. Another money grab by Col Tom and the boys. 1st Elvis album i didn't buy and didnt miss it then and wouldnt buy it now.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Thanks Mike! Back in 1977, I looked at the album and saw only one track that was unreleased. And I saved my money, cause I was just a kid with an allowance and figured I would get it when I grew up. I did!
I thought back then the cover with Elvis looked old, with all the wrinkles of the painting, or drawing. Little did I know it was done from a 1970 photo! :)