Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:05 pm

“Speedway” FTD vinyl arrived today listening to my vinyl rip, sounds great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:26 am

My latest purchase from FTD is the set of the two shows in Atlanta on April 30th-May 2nd 1975. Both excellent shows. When Elvis asked the audience members who was there the night before. I proudly raised my hand! LOLLOL

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Finishing up "Easy Come Easy Go" here, and being reminded that I indeed own the instrumental version of "Leave My Woman Alone".

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:22 pm

“Double Trouble FTD”... (with all trace of “Old Macdonald” removed).
46546A97-6524-458D-BFE2-4ACFF41A4719.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 pm

“Elvis Sings Memphis Tennessee” a fantastic FTD!
7B6D2F2B-440E-42C3-9C3A-62A2A3A93405.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Roustabout FTD Vinyl! While transferring to FLAC. Brilliant!

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:53 pm

After vacillating on it for some time, I finally took the plunge and purchased my first FTD Vinyl (Today.)

The mix on this one is magnificent, and I'm only sorry I didn't start buying the vinyl sooner. To have the three American Studios releases on FTD vinyl would have been nice.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:11 am

Image

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am

JEFF d on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:11 am wrote:Image

JEFF d
EP fan


same here.... listened quite a few times (actually!)

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 am

Yea its a very worthwhile release YDKM!! :smt020

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 am

I too, just listened to CD 1 from the Bicentennial release. I wrote about it in detail in another thread so I will not be redundant here. However, I really enjoy this show. I am so glad to have this. Will listen to CD 2 and post about it after I hear I.

rlj

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 am

rlj4ep on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:10 pm wrote:I too, just listened to CD 1 from the Bicentennial release. I wrote about it in detail in another thread so I will not be redundant here. However, I really enjoy this show. I am so glad to have this. Will listen to CD 2 and post about it after I hear I.

rlj


what i appreciateed with 4 more listens to this show over the weekend was this:- Elvis may not be at his 1976 'best' but his attitude, manners and song choices are excellent and he delivers a decent show to remember the 4th july 76' in the performance which is the best he can given his 'state' at the concert time. certainly in previous + next tours Elvis couldn't be capable of delivering such a concert as this one!~ :lol: 8)

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 am

i especially really APPRECIATE the FTD 'team' deciding to give us this show... why i had it for years as a pretty 'ordinary' sounding audience cassette tape and apart from a bit of James Buton ' 'overload' the sound is really impressively good. plenty of pictures around of Elvis WITH Oral Roberts on 1st March 74' and i am guessing they mt again (but no photos) in 76' olso. Mr Roberts must have been a very decent man living till ages 91, having a University names after him and no scandel. which giving his first name and the scope for really bad taste jokes its very impressive Elvis refers to him with tact and great respect.
Elvis didn't come down to join the band and Jackie Kahane's joking party after the show but well that was a chance for Jackie to make a few wise cracks about him (i guess) :x

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 am

YDKM on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:i especially really APPRECIATE the FTD 'team' deciding to give us this show... and apart from a bit of James Burton 'overload' the sound is really impressively good.

If there's going to be 'overload' on a soundboard, having it from James Burton's guitar isn't such a bad thing. :D
However, having sound 'overload' from Charlie Hodge is an altogether different thing!

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 am

Just listened to CD #2 from Duluth, Minnesota, on "The Bicentennial Show" release from FTD. What a terrific concert. First, the sound of this CD is really good throughout. A really nice listening experience. It is good to hear crowd reaction on this release.

Elvis begins with a spirited See See Rider and this version is more energetic than those from the previous summer.
The I Got a Woman/Amen medley is next and typical for this part of his career (honestly, this is better to listen to/watch in person as opposed to listening on CD----nevertheless, I am glad it is included so we get the entire show).
After Elvis greets the audience he performs Love Me as he treats fans at the stage with scarves.
If You Love Me is next and is well delivered. Another treat to hear this song (as I've reported before, a fun song which Elvis liked as did the fans who were present at the shows).
A good You Gave Me a Mountain is offered next. Elvis is in good voice so far.
Next come four songs from the fifties: Jailhouse Rock which is really sung well IMHO.
Then Elvis serves up All Shook Up, and Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel, which are nice, but nothing to write home about.
And I Love You So is next and wow, does Elvis delivers a committed and solid version of this beauty!
Following is Fever which again is fun with some obvious leg/hip action getting the response from the audience as intended.
Then Elvis jumps into Steamroller Blues which he featured throughout this terrific tour. I have always enjoyed the 1976 versions of this song. The band is kicking and Elvis gives a solid performance.
The introductions are next with Early Morning Rain, What'd I Say and Johnny B Goode featured along with solos.
Love Letters is a song which Elvis is really committed to delivering on this night. A great focused version.
School Days is just a snippet and no comment need be made.
Elvis then delivers his latest single, Hurt. A committed and strong version throughout. The last part reprise is also quite strong, although Elvis' voice seems to quiver or go dry briefly at one point on the long note. Still. a really good performance.
Next is a usual Hound Dog for the time period but the crowd seems to be enjoying it.
Elvis then presents It's Now or Never (which he only performed 3 times on this tour). He presents a terrific performance. At this point there still wasn't the "O Sole Mio" start to the song and so it is just Elvis performing this song in a terrific fashion!
Another gem from this night is next, How Great Thou Art. Elvis delivers a wonderful performance, strong voice and committed throughout. Like so many others performances during this show, the fans really express their appreciation and approval.
Blue Christmas is up next and is a good performance. I'm not sure and I could not tell if Elvis was playing guitar on this one. My guess is he wasn't.
The concluding song for this show is Can't Help Falling in Love and Elvis ends it with a nice ending.

An excellent show! Judging from Elvis' reactions, the audience seems to be giving him several standing ovations throughout this spirited concert.

The bonus songs from Madison, Wisconsin three days are a real treat as well.
First up, is a really nice Hawaiian Wedding Song which Elvis performed in the early part of this show.
He then delivers a really good Steamroller Blues and committed version of America the Beautiful with a nice ending to it.
The bonus material concludes with Elvis announcing to the fans at Madison that this was the first time he had performed there and treats them to Love Me Tender and Blue Suede Shoes.

A terrific concert and a concert which I will revisit again. IMHO, this show is better than the two Chicago concerts from this same tour (both of those shows which I really like by the way), and one of the best from this tour.
Thank You to Mr. Jorgenson and the FTD Team for releasing this great concert and for the complete package!!! I highly recommend this release!!!!

rlj
Last edited by rlj4ep on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:41 am

Jukebox Jam on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 am wrote:
YDKM on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:i especially really APPRECIATE the FTD 'team' deciding to give us this show... and apart from a bit of James Burton 'overload' the sound is really impressively good.

If there's going to be 'overload' on a soundboard, having it from James Burton's guitar isn't such a bad thing. :D
However, having sound 'overload' from Charlie Hodge is an altogether different thing!


One thing is worse than Charlie on a soundboard overload - CLAVICHORD!

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 am

rlj4ep on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:Just listened to CD #2 from Duluth, Minnesota, on "The Bicentennial Show" release from FTD. What a terrific concert.

Don't you think that is overstating it just a bit? If the 1976 Duluth concert is "terrific," how does one define Las Vegas 8/25/69 m.s., Las Vegas 2/23/70 c.s., Las Vegas 8/12/70 m.s., Boston 10/11/71, and Hampton Roads 4/9/72 e.s.?

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 am

Also terrific...easy.. ::rocks

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 pm

Jukebox Jam on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 am wrote:
YDKM on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:i especially really APPRECIATE the FTD 'team' deciding to give us this show... and apart from a bit of James Burton 'overload' the sound is really impressively good.

If there's going to be 'overload' on a soundboard, having it from James Burton's guitar isn't such a bad thing. :D
However, having sound 'overload' from Charlie Hodge is an altogether different thing!


For me the Tulsa show is more fun because of James' guitar being higher in the mix, it gives a distorted sound (at times) which I think James should of had since 1969.
How ever if anyting else was higher in the mix (for me) it would of taken away abit.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Elvis2000 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 am wrote:
Jukebox Jam on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 am wrote:
YDKM on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm wrote:i especially really APPRECIATE the FTD 'team' deciding to give us this show... and apart from a bit of James Burton 'overload' the sound is really impressively good.

If there's going to be 'overload' on a soundboard, having it from James Burton's guitar isn't such a bad thing. :D
However, having sound 'overload' from Charlie Hodge is an altogether different thing!


For me the Tulsa show is more fun because of James' guitar being higher in the mix, it gives a distorted sound (at times) which I think James should of had since 1969.
How ever if anyting else was higher in the mix (for me) it would of taken away abit.


I agree, strange though it is, some unintended distortion on his guitar on some live recordings has made me wish there was sometimes more grit in his sound.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:36 pm

midnightx on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 pm wrote:
rlj4ep on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:Just listened to CD #2 from Duluth, Minnesota, on "The Bicentennial Show" release from FTD. What a terrific concert.

Don't you think that is overstating it just a bit? If the 1976 Duluth concert is "terrific," how does one define Las Vegas 8/25/69 m.s., Las Vegas 2/23/70 c.s., Las Vegas 8/12/70 m.s., Boston 10/11/71, and Hampton Roads 4/9/72 e.s.?


No, I don't think it is overstating it at all. I try to judge each show as it is. For me, each individual show stands or falls on its own. In my post of the 10/16/76 show I note what are highlights for me as well as some vocal shortcomings. I think my post is a fair observation. I acknowledge that not everyone will agree and I am perfectly fine with that.

You noted a number of shows in your reply. Yet my post was not about comparing the 10/16/76 show to any show from any other year specifically, but as a follow up on my 1/16/18 post that I would offer my thoughts on CD 2 of this set after I listen to it.

As I've stated in two previous posts, I like this release, I am glad and grateful that FTD has given us fans the opportunity to have it. And to my ears, the 10/16/76 show is indeed "terrific."

rlj

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:19 am

rlj4ep on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm wrote:
midnightx on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 pm wrote:
rlj4ep on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm wrote:Just listened to CD #2 from Duluth, Minnesota, on "The Bicentennial Show" release from FTD. What a terrific concert.

Don't you think that is overstating it just a bit? If the 1976 Duluth concert is "terrific," how does one define Las Vegas 8/25/69 m.s., Las Vegas 2/23/70 c.s., Las Vegas 8/12/70 m.s., Boston 10/11/71, and Hampton Roads 4/9/72 e.s.?


No, I don't think it is overstating it at all. I try to judge each show as it is. For me, each individual show stands or falls on its own. In my post of the 10/16/76 show I note what are highlights for me as well as some vocal shortcomings. I think my post is a fair observation. I acknowledge that not everyone will agree and I am perfectly fine with that.

You noted a number of shows in your reply. Yet my post was not about comparing the 10/16/76 show to any show from any other year specifically, but as a follow up on my 1/16/18 post that I would offer my thoughts on CD 2 of this set after I listen to it.

As I've stated in two previous posts, I like this release, I am glad and grateful that FTD has given us fans the opportunity to have it. And to my ears, the 10/16/76 show is indeed "terrific."

rlj


I don't have the new release, but i very much enjoy the Chicago Stadium concerts from the same tour, particularly the 2nd disc, - although I'm not sure FTD needs to have released four concerts from within a five day period in 1976, no matter how good they are for the period. Seems an odd choice. But the 2nd disc from Chicago Stadium is certainly the best I have heard from 1976.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am

Image

After having listened to SA's BREAKDOWN IN BALTIMORE I needed something the cheer me up.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 pm

For the first time in a while, blissing out to this...

Image

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Continuing my current 1969 binge.

CD2 of this. Some amazing stuff on it, beautiful.

Image