Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Somewhat predictably my most recent is Gold Records 4;
image.jpeg

My most recent purchases are;
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What is the recent FTD you have bought or listened to?

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

My most recent of the FTD label are :

On vinyl : ON STAGE
on CD : Cafe Europa - G.I blues vol. 2 ...im listenning to it right now

Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:55 pm

california boy wrote:My most recent of the FTD label are :

On vinyl : ON STAGE
on CD : Cafe Europa - G.I blues vol. 2 ...im listenning to it right now

I went through a phase of buying the FTD Vinyl, and "On Stage" was one those i bought, but I fing myself turning to the digital version instead, there seems to be no sound quality gain by playing the vinyl, after all they have the same source, so not surprising.
However, the artwork and the general tactile pleasure of the vinyl is superb.

I have a (bootleg?) set called "Cafe Europa Sessions" I think it came from MRS, so I have held off buying the FTD set.I wonder if I would gain anything by having the offical FTD set? ANy opinions would be welcome.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Puechased 100 ftd titles recently. 80 7" and 12 5".
G.I.Blues Ftd is simply the best sound ever with any format. I have original USA album and had reel to reel and various bootleg and official editions.
No contest. Superior sound. THANKS ERNST

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:44 pm

The last FTD I purchased was the brilliant ABFT.

The last FTD I listened to was the wonderful "Fame And Fortune" (yesterday) - rather than listen to the whole sessions as issued since, I find these days that those early FTD compilations are much easier to listen to (!)

Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:51 pm

For the last couple of days I broke out my "Jailhouse Rock, vol 1" FTD and I'm jus stunned by it.

In my opinion,
"Jailhouse Rock" should have been an LP. Sonically it doesn't sound as good as volume 2, but it's still an amazing release.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:02 pm

clambake1967 wrote:Puechased 100 ftd titles recently. 80 7" and 12 5".
G.I.Blues Ftd is simply the best sound ever with any format. I have original USA album and had reel to reel and various bootleg and official editions.
No contest. Superior sound. THANKS ERNST

wow, 92 FTD's at once, and I thought I was doing OK buying three at once :shock:

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Purchasing 92 ftd titles shipping is a lot less expensive.
Anyway it was to two different dutch web shops in three or four weeks time

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:41 pm

minkahed wrote:For the last couple of days I broke out my "Jailhouse Rock, vol 1" FTD and I'm jus stunned by it.

In my opinion,
"Jailhouse Rock" should have been an LP. Sonically it doesn't sound as good as volume 2, but it's still an amazing release.

I believe it was released as an FTD LP with analog sound. Very rare to find now.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Duke90 wrote:
minkahed wrote:For the last couple of days I broke out my "Jailhouse Rock, vol 1" FTD and I'm jus stunned by it.

In my opinion,

I believe it was released as an FTD LP with analog sound. Very rare to find now.

Just as a thought, checked out Elvis Shop London, and yes, sold out of this.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Scoobie wrote:
Duke90 wrote:

In my opinion,

Just as a thought, checked out Elvis Shop London, and yes, sold out of this.

I used to have a lot of the FTD vinyl but sold them off as they were just digital tracks. Never had this one, though. It's the only one I would want

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Florida '75. Completes my 7" soundboard collection.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:04 am

Hometown Shows just arrived today.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:02 am

Odessa may 76 today,how i dislike the sound of that electric hairnet,or was it clavinet

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:45 am

keninlincs wrote:Odessa may 76 today,how i dislike the sound of that electric hairnet,or was it clavinet

What did u think of the show itself ken?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:53 am

Just got Taking Care of Business Book/CD and was impressed with the book and the concert. Also got the Las Vegas 1975 FTD and enjoyed the first concert a lot!

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:03 am

The last FTD I bought was this.

The last one I listened to was this.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:53 am

Rob wrote:The last FTD I bought was this.

The last one I listened to was this.

Rob... is the sound quality of the '75 Memphis show any better than on Let Me Take You Home?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:55 am

It is not any better, but to these ears it is just as good.

You will be impressed on the sound of the 74 show.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 am

"Fun In Acapulco", my favourite soundtrack!
Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 08.44.47.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Odessa may 76 today,how i dislike the sound of that electric hairnet,or was it clavinet

What did u think of the show itself ken?

not a bad show for 76

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Just received GR4 and listened. Excellent sound. Took me back to '68 when I bought the vinyl. Certain tracks especially the mono ones took me back to when I bought the original singles in '63. I always felt that Witchcraft and Devil In Disguise had more oomph to them in mono. And after all the years waiting for the first issue of Come What May in stereo, I still think that the mono version is better. It would have been nice to have the extra tracks on disc 1, in mono on the second disc too. Booklet contains some nice repro stuff to, but the sleeve photo seems a little oversaturated to me. Looking at the colour variants of the same clothes on Elvis within the book is certainly interesting.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 pm

and this afternoon;

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:18 pm

image.jpeg
Last one of the day!;

I just love the tenderness and precision with which he sings the ballad side (side 1), audio quality is top as well, you hear everything (using headphones). Also love the alternate phrasing and timing used on the outtakes, example "There's Always Me" take 1 - fabulous stuff!

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:34 pm

:smt006
Scoobie wrote:
image.jpeg
Last one of the day!;

I just love the tenderness and precision with which he sings the ballad side (side 1), audio quality is top as well, you hear everything (using headphones). Also love the alternate phrasing and timing used on the outtakes, example "There's Always Me" take 1 - fabulous stuff!

At this period of his career 1960/63, for me, Elvis' voice was never sweeter/purer if you know what I mean.