I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine

Post by drjohncarpenter »

poormadpeter2 wrote:Of course, I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine really is really the best Al Jolson record never recorded. No doubt, if Jolson hadn't passed away in the autumn of 1950, he would have got his hands on the number and his version would probably have been the definitive rendition.
Had he lived longer, imagine what Al Jolson could have done with "That's All Right" or "Milkcow Blues Boogie."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Davelee
Banned -- Same user as "mysterytrainrideson"
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Davelee »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
Of course, I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine really is really the best Al Jolson record never recorded. No doubt, if Jolson hadn't passed away in the autumn of 1950, he would have got his hands on the number and his version would probably have been the definitive rendition.
LOL. :facep:

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Davelee wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:
Of course, I Don't Care if the Sun Don't Shine really is really the best Al Jolson record never recorded. No doubt, if Jolson hadn't passed away in the autumn of 1950, he would have got his hands on the number and his version would probably have been the definitive rendition.

Well I hope you start face-slapping every time your buddy fn2drive makes a typo. It might knock you out.
by HoneyTalkNelson » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:29 am

Our 1991 CD reissue from Capitol had the song as a bonus track.
Thanks, mine is the 2005 Collector's Choice issue with I'd Gladly make the Same Mistake Again, Three Wishes, Have a Little Sympathy, and Under the Bridges of Paris added on the end.
by drjohncarpenter » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:11 am

Had he lived longer, imagine what Al Jolson could have done with "That's All Right" or "Milkcow Blues Boogie."
If you can't see the heavy influence of Al Jolson on the song, then that's unfortunate.

Davelee
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Davelee »

poormadpeter2 wrote:
Davelee wrote:
poormadpeter2 wrote:

Well I hope you start face-slapping every time your buddy fn2drive makes a typo. It might knock you out.
by HoneyTalkNelson » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:29 am

Our 1991 CD reissue from Capitol had the song as a bonus track.
Thanks, mine is the 2005 Collector's Choice issue with I'd Gladly make the Same Mistake Again, Three Wishes, Have a Little Sympathy, and Under the Bridges of Paris added on the end.
by drjohncarpenter » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:11 am

If you can't see the heavy influence of Al Jolson on the song, then that's unfortunate.
Can you hear Hawaiian music in it like" I'll Never Let You Go"? If not, you're very mistaken that Jolson would have recorded the definitive version.

HoneyTalkNelson

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

An odd selection, to say the least. Not one Dixieland-flavored track in that group!

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:
An odd selection, to say the least. Not one Dixieland-flavored track in that group!
nope! lol

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The suggestion that someone provided percussion on Elvis' recording of "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine" is very easy to believe.
It's Buddy Cunningham indeed, according to "Aboard The Mystery Train" by Scotty Moore and James L. Dickerson:
From Aboard The Mystery Train page 63.png
::rocks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Topic author
MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

This version was still missing in this thread:

Mike