Claude Baker

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Re: Claude Baker

Post by paulsweeney »

The posts from everyone have warmed my heart. They are very touching and sincere.

I will be sure to print them all and give them to Claude's family next Saturday in Quebec City. His mother, two brothers and his sister will enjoy reading them and seeing what a kind, generous soul their son and brother was to people he never even met in person.

There will be a service celebrating Claude's life on Saturday September 10, and once the details are firmed up, I will post them here in case any of you are able to attend.

jeanbo
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by jeanbo »

Bonjour à la famille de Claude Baker,

J’ai pas eu de réponse de mes derniers courriels et ce n’était pas dans les habitudes de Claude. Son dernier courriel est début juin. J’ai commencé sérieusement à être inquiet concernant la santé de Claude. Je ne savais pas qu’il avait le cancer. Il m'avait dit seulement qu'il avait mal au dos. Sur le site For Elvis CD Collectors je viens d'apprendre ce soir (vendredi) avec regret son décès. J’ai beaucoup de peine à l’idée qu’il est partit.

Je l'ai jamais rencontré. J’étais pas un ami personnel de Claude par contre j’étais un bon client de lui. J’achetais les CD FTD et les livres FTD de Claude. Le service était toujours impeccable et très agréable. J’étais un client de Claude depuis presque 16 ans.

Merci Claude pour tout et repose en paix. Je t’envoie plein d’amour.

Mes sincères condoléances à la famille de Claude.

Claude j’aurai toujours une belle pensé pour toi. Merci mon ami.

p.s. Mauvaise traduction en anglais de Google... Claude m'écrivais en français... ;O)

Jean Boivin, Montréal
Last edited by jeanbo on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

elvis4life
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by elvis4life »

Via Google translation, here's what it says from French to English:

Hello to the family of Claude Baker,

I have had no response to my last email and it was not in Claude habits. His last email is early June. I started seriously to be worried about the health of Claude. I did not know he had cancer. He said only that he had a bad back. On the website For Elvis CD Collectors I just learned tonight (Friday) with regret his death. I have great difficulty with the idea that he's gone.

I've never met him. I was not a personal friend of Claude by cons I was a good customer of it. I bought the CD and books FTD FTD Claude. The service was immaculate and very nice. I was a guest of Claude for almost 16 years.

Claude thank you for everything and rest in peace. I'm sending you lots of love.

My sincere condolences to the family of Claude.

Claude I will always have a good thought for you. Thank you my friend.

Jean Boivin, Montreal

Topic author
Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike C »

paulsweeney wrote:The posts from everyone have warmed my heart. They are very touching and sincere.

I will be sure to print them all and give them to Claude's family next Saturday in Quebec City. His mother, two brothers and his sister will enjoy reading them and seeing what a kind, generous soul their son and brother was to people he never even met in person.

There will be a service celebrating Claude's life on Saturday September 10, and once the details are firmed up, I will post them here in case any of you are able to attend.
Thanks, Paul.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

What a shock to hear the news this morning. I clicked on the website, and there was the news in black & white with his picture. Like someone else said, it was a kick to the gut. I was getting concerned about Claude & just recently tried to find out what was going on, and heard only that he was in the hospital and that it wasn't good. I knew that he had back issues, but had no idea he had cancer.

My sincenere condolences to Claude's family & friends. My thoughts & prayers are with you.

I was a long time customer of Claude's, and will always be thankful for the wonderful service he provided. My FTD's were always in perfect condition. I really enjoyed corresponding with him via e-mail. Never spoke to him on the phone or met in person, but you could easily tell what a kind & pleasant person he was.

It will be so strange to not get anymore e-mail from him in my mailbox, after all these years.

Thank you for everything Claude . . . may you Rest In Peace.

Regards,
Rich

ImageImageImage

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Renan »

R.I.P. Claude

My deepest condolences to his family.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

londonflash

Post by londonflash »

R.I.P. Claude and what lovely tributes on here from fellow fans - testimony to what a gentleman he was.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

wwelvis
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by wwelvis »

I just heard that Claude passed away and it makes me very sad as I knew him for it seems like forever. I am so very sorry to hear about this. I will miss him very much.

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

RIP Claude. Condolences to your family and friends.

Davelee
Banned -- Same user as "mysterytrainrideson"
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Davelee »

I've never heard of Claude Baker before and judging by the comments here he sounds a real decent guy. The fact that he was an Elvis fan puts him in my book as a top man.

My sincere best wishes to his family and friends who dearly loved him.

May god rest you.

Grabrich
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Grabrich »

I, too, am shocked! :(
As with many others here, I knew that he was experiencing back problems, but I had no idea that he had cancer. My only contact with Claude was via email for FTD purchases. My last email from him was July 22.
I concur that he was an honest person. My condolences to his family and friends.

Richard G.

jean francois
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by jean francois »

va en paix mon ami claude tu sera tres dur a te faire remplacé

TCB FROM QUEBEC

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

jean francois wrote:va en paix mon ami claude tu sera tres dur a te faire remplacé
English...

paulsweeney
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by paulsweeney »

Davelee wrote:
jean francois wrote:va en paix mon ami claude tu sera tres dur a te faire remplacé
English...
There is no reason he cannot post in French. After all that was Claude's mother tongue.

Anyway, here is the translation:
Go in peace my friend Claude, you will be very hard to replace

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

paulsweeney wrote:
Davelee wrote:
English...
There is no reason he cannot post in French. After all that was Claude's mother tongue.

Sorry, Paul. I'm not familiar with any language other then english.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D Yes i remember very clearly hearing from Claude after his European trip in 2005 and how he described getting so lost in the Czech republic-that no-one spoke any English in the small village he got to...... and when i asked if he would be visiting Sydney Australia he was very alarmed/worried about poisenous Snakes & Spiders..still i am glad he managed some travels....fond memories....and wow like did he have extensive memories of following that Elvis Feb 77' tour as a young man in his 20's!~ 8)

also in later years on this forum FECC...he added all the illustrative pictures for my article's in the section 'FROM DOWN UNDER'...i miss that input :cry:
Last edited by YDKM on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

MaryAnn
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by MaryAnn »

Claude sounds like such a wonderful person. Thanks so much to all for sharing your personal memories. I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Thoughts and prayers for his family. May he rest in peace.

Domino
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Domino »

Davelee wrote:I've never heard of Claude Baker before and judging by the comments here he sounds a real decent guy. The fact that he was an Elvis fan puts him in my book as a top man.

My sincere best wishes to his family and friends who dearly loved him.

May god rest you.

I too have never heard of Claude Baker neither.From all the best wishes coming from fellow FECC members,I'd say he had a lot of friends in the Elvis community.
Sounds like he was a great Elvis fan.It seems that as time goes by ,the Elvis fan becomes a rarer breed and when we loose a fellow Elvis fan,we loose a member of the Elvis community.It sounds like Claude Baker did his share to keep Elvis's name & legacy up where it belongs......on top and always the KING.

Best wishes to his family and friends,

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

R.I.P. Claude :cry:

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

RIP Claude - you brought entertaining and enlightening posts to the Elvis world through your Crazy Canuck pages. They were always a delight to read, and it was clear how much of a fan you were.

My thoughts are with Claude's family and friends at this time. 60 is too young - but I think there is some condolence in the fact that during those 60 years Claude was able to have such a positive effect on so many people, in many cases without even meeting them.

Thanks for sharing your memories Claude.

jean francois

Post by jean francois »

Davelee wrote:
English...
go in peace my friend claude, you will be very hard to get replaced

TCB FROM QUEBEC

jean francois

Post by jean francois »

paulsweeney wrote:
Davelee wrote:
English...

no problem paul I went out my English
:mrgreen:

TCB FROM QUEBEC

Barbie
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Barbie »

R.I.P. sweet Claude.............so many emails and Elvis purchases from you over the years...............always sweet and kind to this Canuck on the West Coast of Canada.....................my condolences to your family and friends..................... :( :P :P

Barbie
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Barbie »

My little sad face turned to smiles when I think of the good memories over the many years I knew Claude................................. :(

lucio

Post by lucio »

I had the good fortune to spend time with Claude over the years as a friend and working together on Elvis projects. He was honest and fair to deal with as well as one of the best Elvis dealers out there.
Claude deserved to be with us for many more years but life can be very unpredictable and his passing is a loss to our universe.
Be at peace old friend,
Lucio