Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How to keep your FTD covers in good shape?!

Thu May 15, 2003 2:47 am

In fact its very simple:
Just do what i did, convert all your albums into MP3 ( i just started to do the studio stuff, thats about 8 albums. and those 8 albums can be placed and burned on just 1 cd!!) and put that on 2/3 cd's. And leave your FTD cd's in the covers. And than you have all the albums on just 2/3 cd's that yoy can play on your pc or dvd player (with mp3 mode). Thats a good way to keep your FTD cd/covers in perfect condition!

Thu May 15, 2003 5:02 am

Gee, and I just handle mine with care.

8)

Thu May 15, 2003 6:28 am

sam wrote:Gee, and I just handle mine with care.

..............lol........... :lol:

Me too. I don't go out of my way to try and abuse them, but I handle them, touch them, enjoy them, ......... and most of all .......... play them. I find I enjoy them more this way. :wink:

(If we are talking about something you want to frame and put on a wall for artwork/display purposes, ........ well, now that's another story)......

N8
...just a fan....

Thu May 15, 2003 6:38 am

I transfer (almost) all my Elvis material to wav files on my PC - not mp3's.

The BMG releases, except for the box sets, I use daily - to listen to in my car, at home... whatever.
The FTD's, radio programs and import releases are put away.

Although, I have to say, many times I have hauled out the boxes and have enjoyed looking through my collection.

Thu May 15, 2003 10:11 am

The day I receive a FTD I make a copy on CD-R, put the original back in the case and store them on a dark and dry place. So all my FTDs have been taken out of the cases a single time.

Thu May 15, 2003 10:38 am

I put all 2,000 of my cd cases in these clear plastic sleeves to keep them from getting scratched.

The cd's from my box sets (like Silver, Platinum, etc) go into double slimline jewel cases, and the boxes themselves go into the bookshelf.

The cd's I don't play, like promo cd singles, the cases go into resealable japanese mylar sleeves.

HANDLE WITH CARE!

Fri May 16, 2003 1:30 am

That's how you may present a 1965 LP in mint condition, even today!
People don't believe the care I've been taking about my record collection!
But, I'm proud of it!
Even played, they still shine! The covers could be taken out of the store today!
Today, my LP collection is so fragile, I've become nuts!
The nut I've always been!!!

Fri May 16, 2003 3:47 am

This thread is pretty funny - they aren't made out of gold dust you know ;)

If you handle the digipac carefully and store it neatly on shelving it should remain in good shape.

Plastic covers are an additional option as is scanning in the covers and making jewel case versions.

I like my packaging and cover art to be in good shape - but not to the point I won't handle them without an anti static suit, gloves and tweezers ;)