Re: Concert Tape?? (4-19-1956)

Post by matilda »

:wtf:
Davelee wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.
I do apologise if you feel that way,
but I cannot understand why someone would start to get so petty and pedantic as to start mentioning world time-zones in a thread that was a basic April fool's joke.

Really, I am sorry but I was not the one who started to get so pernickety - and, in any case, on a international board such as FECC people should not be so US-centric.

Cheers
Piers
It's got nothing to do with being US-centric... all the Doc was doing is pointing out that the April fool's joke was posted two days before the actual event where he comes from. And has for his contempt for the poster creating such a cruel joke I fully agree. I,too, nearly fell for it because I completely forgot about April fool's was coming up, and has a fan, I was hoping too, as it turned out it wasn't true but there is always the possibility it could have turned out to be true.
"Cruel"joke? Are you aware what that word means?I guess you guys don't have a real life with real problems.
Otherwise I wouldn't read such nonsense. A tape from 1956 is a thing to be desired, granted. But if not.....than its"cruel"?. So it gives you mentally or even physical pain? Geez....give me a break.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Davelee wrote:
.. all the Doc was doing is pointing out that the April fool's joke was posted two days before the actual event where he comes from.
Because he was taken-in and tried to save his ass..no big deal..c´mom we are gown-ups and the joke wouldnt have worked on April..1...I think its all just very amsuing..still got to laugh..
its just fun... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Stevenson
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Stevenson »

Tony C wrote: You wrote a lot there... My advice to you is... Problem solved!
You should have written this before - wouldn't bother myself taking your question seriously

When your heart gets restless - time to move along,
When your heart gets weary - time to sing a song,
But when a dream is calling you
There's just one thing that you can do...

Follow That Dream (1961)

danielf

Post by danielf »

Davelee wrote: I,too, nearly fell for it because I completely forgot about April fool's was coming up... it could have turned out to be true.
A few posts back you said...
Davelee wrote:And yes, it was us that got fooled by such a cruel joke..
The word 'us' indicates that you were included and fooled, but now you say you 'nearly fell for it' ?

It seems it's still the top topic at FECC because some can't seem to just let it go and are now being pedantic about it, so much so they now contradict themselves.
Give it up.... you are just continuing to embarrass yourself and it's not good, Sincerely PLEASE?

Davelee
Banned -- Same user as "mysterytrainrideson"
Registered for: 8 years 11 months

Post by Davelee »

matilda wrote::wtf:
Davelee wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.
but I cannot understand why someone would start to get so petty and pedantic as to start mentioning world time-zones in a thread that was a basic April fool's joke.

Really, I am sorry but I was not the one who started to get so pernickety - and, in any case, on a international board such as FECC people should not be so US-centric.

Cheers
Piers
It's got nothing to do with being US-centric... all the Doc was doing is pointing out that the April fool's joke was posted two days before the actual event where he comes from. And has for his contempt for the poster creating such a cruel joke I fully agree. I,too, nearly fell for it because I completely forgot about April fool's was coming up, and has a fan, I was hoping too, as it turned out it wasn't true but there is always the possibility it could have turned out to be true.
"Cruel"joke? Are you aware what that word means?I guess you guys don't have a real life with real problems.
Otherwise I wouldn't read such nonsense. A tape from 1956 is a thing to be desired, granted. But if not.....than its"cruel"?. So it gives you mentally or even physical pain? Geez....give me a break.
A senseless post that's not even worth replying with such an insult! Give me a break, indeed.

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

danielf wrote:
Davelee wrote: I,too, nearly fell for it because I completely forgot about April fool's was coming up... it could have turned out to be true.
The word 'us' indicates that you were included and fooled, but now you say you 'nearly fell for it' ?

It seems it's still the top topic at FECC because some can't seem to just let it go and are now being pedantic about it, so much so they now contradict themselves.
Give it up.... you are just continuing to embarrass yourself and it's not good, Sincerely PLEASE?
There's no contradictions. Just that you need to be careful how to read and understand the meaning of someones post and what a person writes and in the content of how it's written. Please give it up.
Last edited by Davelee on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danielf

Post by danielf »

And yes, it was us that got fooled by such a cruel joke...
Davelee wrote:There's no contradictions. Just that you need learn how to read and understand the meaning of words and what a person writes. Please give it up.
Touche'
I'll leave that with you, I'm finished on this topic. :smt006

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by TINML »

danielf wrote:

Great post.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

matilda
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by matilda »

Davelee wrote:
Davelee wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.

Cheers
Piers
A senseless post that's not even worth replying with such an insult! Give me a break, indeed.
Senseless? And that's coming from you? Who called a little joke a cruel thing? Your posts are just brown-nosing to somebody here. Otherwise you add nothing of worth so far to most topics. And as another poster once here stated: reading your post gets tiresome. Really. As does your rhetoric on auto-pilot. I am not even sure if there is somebody sitting on your keyboard...or its just a program that delivers the same 7 or 8 replies over and over.

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

matilda wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Davelee wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.

Cheers
Piers
Senseless? And that's coming from you? Who called a little joke a cruel thing? Your posts are just brown-nosing to somebody here. Otherwise you add nothing of worth so far to most topics. And as another poster once here stated: reading your post gets tiresome. Really. As does your rhetoric on auto-pilot. I am not even sure if there is somebody sitting on your keyboard...or its just a program that delivers the same 7 or 8 replies over and over.
I called the joke "cruel" thats because it was - for someone to start a thread with the intention of disheartening people, i say is "cruel" and a "cruel joke" at that.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Re: Concert Tape?? (4-19-1956) *April Fools*

Post by matilda »

I feel your pain.

Davelee

Post by Davelee »

matilda wrote:I feel your pain.
At least i'm not the only one who despises this kind of prank.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

I feel the deep pain for them too.

TheKingisthething
Registered for: 10 years

Post by TheKingisthething »

Davelee wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.

Cheers
Piers
Yep, totally agree... Those whiners should get a life!!!

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

PiersEIN wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: You are arguing a non-point.
In California, it reads: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:00 pm
In New York, it reads: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:00 pm

In NONE of these examples do we see APRIL 1 --> April Fools' Day.

It is not celebrated March 30, or even one hour into March 31. This fact cannot be more plain.
JEEZ!
WOW - two major time references - The East Coast of the US and the West Coast of the US!!!
That's the whole world's (important) timezones covered then!! :facep: :facep:

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7pm East Coast US is of course, Thursday, 10am 31 March 2016 in East Coast Australia, Papua New Guinea, Guam etc and also Midday 31 March 2016 in New Zealand, Fiji, Tonga, Eastern Russia and more...
So I can see a lot of the world one hour into March 31 - This fact cannot be more plain.

This guy is SO US-centric he will probably vote for Trump!

Some people just don't understand that the whole world does NOT revolve around US time.
Cheers
Piers
Does any of your examples here make it April 1st for the OP's posting?

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

PiersEIN wrote:
Davelee wrote:
Very rude of you, Piers.

Cheers
Piers
Regardless of your comparisons of "world" time zones it does not make the OP's posting on April 1st, so your comment of "world" time zones has no merit to what Doc had pointed out in his "examples" of making this degree of joke on March 31st.

Would you like to see my Time Zone for this topic?
2016-04-03_203851.jpg
Please post on topic next time before making such rude replies against other members.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years

Post by mike edwards66 »

drjohncarpenter wrote: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Davelee wrote:I suspect it is a joke, if it is then if I was the moderator i'd ban he/she for life.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

drjohncarpenter wrote:He's 65 years old now, he doesn't have time.....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

BobDylan
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by BobDylan »

I didn't find it funny then, and 10 pages later still don't.

I have a great sense of humor but some of us (me) aren't getting any younger. I really had my hopes up that this might be true since a lot of time obviously went into this to deceive everyone, date included. My fear is that at some point some significant finds are going to be made and the attitude will be, no one will believe me so I'll just hold on to it.