Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
kelvin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

I wear a size 12 honey

Post by kelvin »

On each of my three visits to the o2 Elvis exhibition i was always amazed at the size of Elvis stage boots.....i mean they look like a size 10-11 at least! My friend then came up with the theory that he wore larger boots on stage so that you could see the tips over his flared jumpsuit bottoms. I then pointed out that his racketball training shoes were also on the large side. Fast forward to yesterday when i dug out the 'Back with a bang' cd from March 1975. Elvis has a joke with the Sweets about his big feet and says that he can go sking barefooted!! He then mentions offcuff 'i wear a size 12 honey'. So did Elvis really have big feet?

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Re: I wear a size 12 honey

Post by TINML »

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by TJ »

All Elvis' footwear at the exhibition looked big, including the army boots. I can believe that they were US size 11 or 12. The size he wore probably depended on the manufacturer and style.

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by elvisjock »

The Lord gave him "big sleds."

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Dan_T
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Dan_T »

When I first visited Graceland in '85, they said Elvis was a "12 D" which I think is a size 11 here in the UK, i'm a size 12 (uk) but Elvis' footwear seem bigger than mine..even at the the o2 exhibition his footwear look huge !

Bill Belew, in an interview said Elvis was a "Size 9" shoe size ! which was nonsense, of course. :)

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

kelvin wrote:On each of my three visits to the o2 Elvis exhibition i was always amazed at the size of Elvis stage boots.....i mean they look like a size 10-11 at least! My friend then came up with the theory that he wore larger boots on stage so that you could see the tips over his flared jumpsuit bottoms. I then pointed out that his racketball training shoes were also on the large side. Fast forward to yesterday when i dug out the 'Back with a bang' cd from March 1975. Elvis has a joke with the Sweets about his big feet and says that he can go sking barefooted!! He then mentions offcuff 'i wear a size 12 honey'. So did Elvis really have big feet?
Many claim Elvis had big hands.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

MikeFromHolland
Registered for: 12 years

Post by MikeFromHolland »

Mike

------
lay back,
take it easy
And try a smile...

Topic author
kelvin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by kelvin »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
kelvin wrote:On each of my three visits to the o2 Elvis exhibition i was always amazed at the size of Elvis stage boots.....i mean they look like a size 10-11 at least! My friend then came up with the theory that he wore larger boots on stage so that you could see the tips over his flared jumpsuit bottoms. I then pointed out that his racketball training shoes were also on the large side. Fast forward to yesterday when i dug out the 'Back with a bang' cd from March 1975. Elvis has a joke with the Sweets about his big feet and says that he can go sking barefooted!! He then mentions offcuff 'i wear a size 12 honey'. So did Elvis really have big feet?
Among other things!

EagleUSA
Registered for: 21 years

Post by EagleUSA »

Also, keep in mind that it's common for feet to change as one grows older. I know a lot of men, including myself, who find a size bigger (and sometimes wider) is more comfortable than when we were in our 20's. It's possible that EP wore a size 10 as a young man, but went to an 11 or even a 12, as he aged or depending on the manufacturer of the footwear.

Eagle

TINML

Post by TINML »

kelvin wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Among other things!

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

PiersEIN
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by PiersEIN »

What about those two lists of Elvis' tailor measurements from Nudie Cohn...
1957 shoe size 10 and 1967 "boot" size 11D.

If you see any of Elvis' shoes in various museums they do look pretty big...

image from Echoes Of The Past ...

Cheers
Piers

TINML

Post by TINML »

From the Vegas exhibition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.