Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Elvis DVD's at Walgreens

Wed May 14, 2003 7:04 am

I just saw a bunch of DVD's for 5 bucks. I never heard of these Elvis DVD's

Elvis The King Of Hollywood-Nothing great, but it does have a ton of Movie trailors like Live A Little Love A Little and Kid Galahad etc

Elvis The Final Chapter-Not much new here, but it does have tons of interviews with Sheila Ryan and Joe Esposito(ok so we have seen him plenty lately, still I like hearing him talk). The Don Wilson dude cracks me up. He thinks he is Elvis. What a nut.

Anyway for a Elvis DVD junky like me, it is a steal.

I got the last 2 at the Walgreens I went to. Please let me know if anybody finds more!!! I want them all!!!

Wed May 14, 2003 7:13 am

hi gen
thanks for the info i might check it when i can.

curtis simpkins

dvds

Wed May 14, 2003 7:14 am

Hey Genesim
I already posted once but if you missed it I got a double feature "Rare Moments With The King"... " Elvis King Of Entertainment". I got these at wal-mart for $5.99.
Thanks for the walgreens info!

Tony

Wed May 14, 2003 7:33 am

Yeah I got the Double Features first. Before Curtis even mentioned it way back on the other message board. I put it up and no one seemed to care. Then Curtis mentions it and everybody cares...sniff sniff nobody loves me :(

Seriously, you guys let me know. I want any and all cheap Elvis DVD's. I got his Best Friend Remembers at Walmart for 5 bucks.

The Rare Moments and King Of Entertainment I got packaged with The Beatles UnAuthorized/the Fab Four double feature for $9.99 at Sams before Walmart broke apart the set and resold it...so nah nah nah...beat that!! lol

Wed May 14, 2003 7:47 am

Hi Genesim,

Actually I listed this item at Sam's club way back months ago. No big deal.

jeff R

Wed May 14, 2003 6:26 pm

Does Sheila Ryan look horrible to you all also? She looks like some ol junkie, and what is that wierd tattoo between her boobs? It looks like a bird on a oerch to me! LOL
JEFF d
EPFAN

Wed May 14, 2003 7:44 pm

Hi Jeff,

I thought the same thing. Sheila is interviewed on "Elvis - The Definitive Collection" and she sure didn't dress up for it!!! She's sitting outside in an old tank top with cats walking around in the background. I'm all for dressing casual, but when you're being interviewed for something, you think you would dress up just a little. The tattoo looks like some sort of bird that's trying to fly down between her breasts. :lol:

Lisa :D

Wed May 14, 2003 8:08 pm

Sorry, Jeff R, but your post actually came after Curtis. This was several months more me. I posted the same night I got them at Sams. I had been at Sam's the night before, so I knew when they put them in stock!!

Jeff D. I think most of the people on the show look like junkie's or "FReaks". Sheila looks a mess. Boob job and her tatoo, shame that woman has to look so bad!!

Thu May 15, 2003 6:48 am

I don't know about you guys. I thought she looked pretty fine. She was dressed casual. What's wrong with that. The woman has to be in her 50's. I thought she looked great. But then, I like mature women.

jeff R

Thu May 15, 2003 6:52 pm

Her hair was aweful, that green tank top made her fake breasts look awefull, and the tatoo!!! Sorry, but the she looked tacky. Especially when compared to Linda or Cilla or Ginger. But no accounting for taste. Jeff R, I would probably still do her, don't get me wrong!! lol

Thu May 15, 2003 7:23 pm

LOL :D genesim U kill me! Just give him a drink and he will give Ol Sheila a rocket ride! LOL
I think Linda Thompson is still georgeous, I would marry her, if she would have me! :D Pricilla has gone a little over board on the plastic sergerys for my liking...........
JEFF d
EPFAN

Thu May 15, 2003 8:08 pm

Jeff, I must agree. I thought Sheila looked really good in The Definitve Elvis, far younger than her years and nothing (well, almost) too fakey about her appearance. She reminded me of an older Jenna Elfman. I liked that she seemed very real in her attitude, and wasn't trying to build up herself or perpetuate any myths. Sheila is just alright with me...

Thu May 15, 2003 8:15 pm

Sorry, but I must disagree on the Sheila part. SHe came off to me as somebody that was the most important, and also made it seem like that Elvis couldn't live without her. She was just another one, in the long line of women. She further went on to say that Elvis didn't love cilla.

When you listen to Desert Storm, there has to be some feeling toward cilla. He sure wasn't acting that way about Sheila.

For Sheila to also make comments about Elvis not being able to "finish" his sex acts is even more disgraceful. Though some people are curious about such things. At this point nothing is sacred anyway. Sheila does look like a mess IMO. She should have kept her original breasts. She looked better before. Nothing to do with age. I prefer older women.

Love how older women wear pantyhose at work and look so good in business attire. Younger women look like tanned fake fried anorexic twigs(though not all!!).

Thu May 15, 2003 8:30 pm

Well, I guess everyone contributing to such projects can't help but get into a little self-promotion, but I seem to remember a comment from her which basically said that she knew she wasn't the only one for him, unlike Cilla and Linda, who thought they were the only ones. I don't know if that is really true of Linda, but the point is Sheila acknowledged that Elvis wasn't just all about her.

I had forgotten about her sex comments--it's true we could have done without some of that. On the flip side of that type of comment, there was a lot of juicy stuff to be said on that video from women who had been with Elvis earlier in his life. I thought a lot of that was pretty enjoyable. Kind of funny was the part where Charlie Hodge was telling a story about noises coming from the bedroom where E and Ann-Margret were, and he kept saying as he was telling it, "I know you're not gonna use this (in the video)!" LOL

Thu May 15, 2003 11:29 pm

BobbyTCB, we are talking about 2 video here. I am mentioning the one at Walgreens. The Final Chapter. Her attitude is that she is the most important women and she won Elvis from Linda, and he pretty much died after she left...the theory sounds fine if there wasn't a GINGER!! Anyway, we all know that Cilla was his girl. That is obvious to me.

Thu May 15, 2003 11:41 pm

I don't think he loved Priscilla! Do you really believe that? He was the one that actually divorced HER, if you ever seen the papers! LOL
JEFF d
EPFAN

Thu May 15, 2003 11:49 pm

I am not going to pretend to even KNOW what Elvis was thinking. THe evidence to me is that he cared more for Cilla then he did any of the others. He sang about her quite often. He went on rages about her. He wanted Mike Stone killed over her. She was the only one he married. He knew her the longest. It was the mother of his child. To be honest you could even track his physical decline starting from 1973. To me it is obvious. There is no other woman that meant more to him(cept his mother). Was it "love", I don't know, I guess yes. Then again, what is Love in the entertainment industry. I am sure they both loved each other in their own way. Only THEY really know for sure. Divorce doesn't mean much to me. Lots of people love each other but can't get along. I can tell you right now, there are some exgirlfriends of mine that I will always feel a bond with, though I wouldn't want to be with or know their asses ever again!! Too painful.

Fri May 16, 2003 12:18 am

Believe what you wanna believe, no sweat from me, actions speak louder than words.
JEFF d
EPFAN

Fri May 16, 2003 12:20 am

Cilla was the one. The others were just filler.

Fri May 16, 2003 12:37 am

She was/is something else I will give you that, funny thing that when SHE opened Graceland in 1982 what was the frst thing she did? She rip out all the carpet in the living room and take out all the furnishings that were there when Elvis died(in the living room) this was a room that Elvis and Linda decorated together, and she make it look like it was when SHE lived there!!!
JEFF d
EPFAN

Fri May 16, 2003 1:11 am

My take on it is that Priscilla was a bit of a paradox... he loved her, but wasn't ready for the marriage - her 21st birthday made it impossible for him to wait. If he could have done that, it might have gone differently. I also buy into some of what was said in the "Inner Elvis" with the "Virgin Mary" syndrome thing.

The short time he was dating Linda and only seeing her proves he could do it... but after Priscilla was gone, things were just not the same for him to go full-out again (at least that's what it looks to be)... maybe if he'd met Linda earlier before Priscilla was staying at Graceland.. but that would require a whole new set of circumstances, of course.

This is all opinion, of course, but that's my take.