More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Mood:

No winning bidder for "Aloha Guitar"

Post by OnStage55 »

Sorry folks my OP was incorrect the Guitar did NOT sell, i thought it did becouse all the News Outlets are reporting that it did.

My OP

I was checking the daily Elvis news today on google and saw that Elvis Aloha Guitar did sell after all for $270,000.

I thought it had not sold according to the auction page showing that it didn't, so i checked by going over the auction replay.

You can watch the replay at 40:04 when the guitar sold.

:arrow: http://www.graceland.com/connect/graceland_live.aspx

Last edited by OnStage55 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergio Luiz
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Elvis Aloha Guitar sells for $270,000

Post by Sergio Luiz »

Actually you can hear when the auctioneer says "PASS" after bid reaches 270.000 and nobody increases it.
I think it is a shame that the guitar didnt sell. It is such a great and well documented piece. I wonder why it didnt reach the same heights as other famous guitars.

sitdown revamped
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by sitdown revamped »

Sarcasm mode on: how will one pay more than 100 bucks for a used guitar. :roll: I think, this hype should get stopped. Would E.P. really have wanted this, had he lived? From a modern cultural anthropology point of view I would call this a certain type of idol veneration. I know I'm crashing the party, but that's the way I think about it. Kind regards, Peter.

Topic author
OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 2 months
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

Sergio Luiz wrote:Actually you can hear when the auctioneer says "PASS" after bid reaches 270.000 and nobody increases it.
I think it is a shame that the guitar didnt sell. It is such a great and well documented piece. I wonder why it didnt reach the same heights as other famous guitars.
Your right Sergio, he did say pass.

Well it looks like all the News Outlets Reporting that the guitar sold are wrong, oh well i'll delete my OP heading.