Elvis with the RPO – let’s review the actual CD

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Elvis with the RPO – let’s review the actual CD

Post by Jaime1234 »

Francesc wrote:No no me acuerdo porque otra gente ha pensado que mi nombre era de mujer.
Fue hace 10 anos mas o menos y nos volvimos amigos, pero si no tienes una memoria fotografica, como la mia, no hay el minimo problema.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Francesc wrote:No no me acuerdo porque otra gente ha pensado que mi nombre era de mujer.

Lo que queria decir es que hay gran merito en que "If I can dream" , el elepe de Elvis, aun 11 semanas luego de ser lanzado y sin que Elvis sea britanico y estando muerto desde hace 38 años, se encuentre ahorita compitiendo en los primeros 5 lugares de las listas BRITANICAS con tres artistas a saber

i) la mayor VENDEDORA DE DISCOS del siglo XXI, Adele, que es britanica,

ii) el mas popular idolo de las quinceaneras, a nivel mundial, Justin Bieber, que es canadiense, o sea de un pais que forma parte de la Comunicad Britanica de Naciones y el otro,

iii) tambien britanico y uno que acaba de morir, que es David Bowie, cuyas ventas a la semana de su muerte son la mayores desde la semana que siguio a la muerte del segundo cantante solista que mas ha vendido en la historia, que es Michael Jackson, quien a como sabes murio en 2009.

Y que en todo ello radica el merito de "If I can Dream".

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

The BBC just announced 5 of David Bowie's singles inside the Top 40, and 19 albums inside the Top 100. This means he was short of breaking Elvis record of 12 albums inside the Top 40, that was in October of 1977, landing 10 or 11 this week. With Elvis at #2. this is the only time in the 60 year history of the UK official charts that the top two albums are by deceased artists.

Eggrert
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Eggrert »

To be honest, I had no plans to buy this CD, but then I heard Burning Love on YouTube and figured it was worth the investment...

And imo, it's really, really good. Fever is a travesty, and In The Ghetto isn't much to write home about, but the rest range from good to great. They made You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' far more dramatic than the original TTWII version (still not a personal favourite, though), and I was even able to make it all the way through Love Me Tender and How Great Thou Art, something I've never been able to do with the originals (though, TBH, I'll probably never play these versions again either). I do wish they'd stripped the backing vocals from And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind (at least on the chorus; the verse vocals are fine with me).

Overall, I'm happy with this album and look forward to a Volume 2.

PiersEIN
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by PiersEIN »

Eggrert wrote:To be honest, I had no plans to buy this CD, but then I heard Burning Love on YouTube and figured it was worth the investment...

And imo, it's really, really good. Fever is a travesty, and In The Ghetto isn't much to write home about, but the rest range from good to great. They made You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' far more dramatic than the original TTWII version (still not a personal favourite, though), and I was even able to make it all the way through Love Me Tender and How Great Thou Art, something I've never been able to do with the originals (though, TBH, I'll probably never play these versions again either). I do wish they'd stripped the backing vocals from And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind (at least on the chorus; the verse vocals are fine with me).

Overall, I'm happy with this album and look forward to a Volume 2.
Oh please no!
I am happy that there will be a follow-up and that Elvis will chart all over again - but I haven't played the first CD since listening to it to review it and have no real desire to.
(although I have spun the 45rpm :) )
Cheers,
Piers