ITV - COMING SOON!!! JOANNA LUMLEY - "ELVIS AND ME"

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

elvis56

Re: ITV - COMING SOON!!! JOANNA LUMLEY - "ELVIS AND ME"

Post by elvis56 »

Brian Quinn wrote:I thought the 'Elvis And Me' programme was a great publicity tool for Elvis and Graceland. Great plugs for the new album throughout and during one of the intervals. It certainly achieved what it set out to as today I visited many record shops and they were ALL sold out stating that it is proving very popular. As Jack Soden from EPE often states "Give Elvis the publicity and he sells himself". That is so true. Elvis needs such documentaries as this one and I would love for EPE to release the long awaited 'Elvis Anthology'.

Elvis is certainly in the ascendancy at the moment. Many kudos must go to Priscilla for her many TV appearances plugging the album. However, I would like Lisa Marie to help out more in this respect. Perhaps she will do so when and if Priscilla can no longer perform such duties.

I look forward to a follow up album which must surely come in the very near future. I suspect this has already been recorded in advance.

Loving the album and play it a couple of times each day. It certainly 'makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck'.

Brian
Im kinda hoping that once all the initial sales are done there will be a deluxe 2 cd set also available, released on the lead up to Christmas to maximise sales. That in IMO would be the best way to utilise these extra tracks

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

elvis56 wrote:Im kinda hoping that once all the initial sales are done there will be a deluxe 2 cd set also available, released on the lead up to Christmas to maximise sales. That in IMO would be the best way to utilise these extra tracks
like that idea :D

GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Post by GERRY »

My auntie bought it today she was lucky as she got the last copy they had in the store. Do you think that they could release a follow up before Christmas?

Topic author
Josee

Post by Josee »

[quote="Brian Quinn"]I thought the 'Elvis And Me' programme was a great publicity tool for Elvis and Graceland. Great plugs for the new album throughout and during one of the intervals. It certainly achieved what it set out to as today I visited many record shops and they were ALL sold out stating that it is proving very popular. As Jack Soden from EPE often states "Give Elvis the publicity and he sells himself". That is so true. Elvis needs such documentaries as this one and I would love for EPE to release the long awaited 'Elvis Anthology'.

Elvis is certainly in the ascendancy at the moment. Many kudos must go to Priscilla for her many TV appearances plugging the album. However, I would like Lisa Marie to help out more in this respect. Perhaps she will do so when and if Priscilla can no longer perform such duties.

I look forward to a follow up album which must surely come in the very near future. I suspect this has already been recorded in advance.

Loving the album and play it a couple of times each day. It certainly 'makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck'.

Brian

I've played it 3 times now and I think it's simply WONDERFUl. Fans, who don't like it (and maybe didn't even buy it) should listen to it as if it was a brand new recording and stop listening to the input of the RPO only, but listen to it as a whole.
But to appreciate it, you have to like classical orchestras, of course.
It's a pity that only Sony UK has done a good job on promotion. I saw a tweet of a HMV store (forgot where) saying that it's back in stock. It seems that the stores weren't prepared on it selling well, so didn't order enough.

Just saw that as of now Amazon UK is out of stock. Amazon USA has been out of stock for several days now.
Last edited by Josee on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcbtommy

Post by tcbtommy »

Agreed, surprised no one has uploaded it onto YouTube for us non UK-residents; heck even this video doesn't have the idiotic stupid region discrimination

Links to download Joanna Lumley: Elvis And Me

http://uploaded.net/file/cbrrfpwe/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1qasu3b9139f/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4

http://uploadrocket.net/18sojekw18tt/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4.html

http://hugefiles.net/lj04jwoafary

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

The 'Elvis And Me' Documentary at 9 p.m. had 3 million viewers in the UK last night. It will have had more with the repeat an hour later.

Brian

Chad Gates

Post by Chad Gates »

tcbtommy wrote:Agreed, surprised no one has uploaded it onto YouTube for us non UK-residents; heck even this video doesn't have the idiotic stupid region discrimination

Links to download Joanna Lumley: Elvis And Me

http://uploaded.net/file/cbrrfpwe/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1qasu3b9139f/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4

http://uploadrocket.net/18sojekw18tt/Joanna.Lumley.Elvis.And.Me.HDTV.x264.TVC.mp4.html

http://hugefiles.net/lj04jwoafary

Thank you for the links, Is it ok for me to share these with my friend in America ?

Alan.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

I watched it last night and it was a pleasant surprise to me how much i enjoyed it.

Very interesting and a little sad.

The two elderly men who were interviewed i had never heard of before and some stories were fascinating especially when the black gentleman talked about how him and Elvis used to go to places when they were both kids, where there was segregation and Elvis still went to black areas regardless and how polite he was to his elders regardless of race.

George Smith

Post by George Smith »

Bodie wrote:I watched it last night and it was a pleasant surprise to me how much i enjoyed it.

Very interesting and a little sad.

The two elderly men who were interviewed i had never heard of before and some stories were fascinating especially when the black gentleman talked about how him and Elvis used to go to places when they were both kids, where there was segregation and Elvis still went to black areas regardless and how polite he was to his elders regardless of race.
Sam Bell has some wonderful stories to tell of his friendship with Elvis -- it's always a joy to hear him speak.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

Steve Morse

Post by Steve Morse »

Here's another great interview with Sam Bell :

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

Steve Morse wrote:Here's another great interview with Sam Bell :

That was great, thank you Steve.

LesterB

Post by LesterB »

There was also a photograph of Elvis and Parker circa 60 (if i recall correctly) that I do not remember seeing before. Unusually, Parker is looking intensely at Elvis like he really cares about him - anyone else notice this?

JUST FOR TODAY

George Smith

Post by George Smith »

LesterB wrote:There was also a photograph of Elvis and Parker circa 60 (if i recall correctly) that I do not remember seeing before. Unusually, Parker is looking intensely at Elvis like he really cares about him - anyone else notice this?
Was it this one from June 1958?
1958_june_10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Post by GERRY »

Watched this about 8 times allready, LOL.

VEGAS74

Post by VEGAS74 »

GERRY wrote:Watched this about 8 times allready, LOL.
I just had another look....Joanna is cool 8)

Vince_Everett
Formerly Dutch Fireworks

Post by Vince_Everett »

Just watched it. Very respectful and enjoyable.

Mama she done told me, Papa done told me too: 'Son, that gal you're foolin' with, she ain't no good for you!'

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

It´s already on YouTube! :smt026. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

GERRY
BANNED FOR LIFE!
BANNED FOR LIFE!

Post by GERRY »

My guess is that pic is 1960.Hair is not black and looks like it is grown back and not greased slicked back.

davide

Post by davide »

Brian Quinn wrote:The 'Elvis And Me' Documentary at 9 p.m. had 3 million viewers in the UK last night. It will have had more with the repeat an hour later.

Brian
Update - It had 3.2 million viewers and a 15%share.

Davide

Topic author
The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

davide wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:The 'Elvis And Me' Documentary at 9 p.m. had 3 million viewers in the UK last night. It will have had more with the repeat an hour later.

Brian

Davide
That's not bad in 2015.

elvis56

Post by elvis56 »

The Pirate wrote:
davide wrote:

Brian

Davide
That's not bad in 2015.
PLUS that was broadcast opposite The Apprentice on the BBC - so not bad at all

hm80ep

Post by hm80ep »

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

It´s already on YouTube! :smt026. Bye for now :smt006.

This version here is slightly longer / more complete:

Henryk

Steve Morse

Post by Steve Morse »

hm80ep wrote:
This version here is slightly longer / more complete:

It's no longer there !

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

Topic author
xeccr20

Post by xeccr20 »

I seem to be in the minority here, but to me, the factual inaccuracies ruined it. I thought we had moved on from the old days when documentaries appeared to be cobbled together by chimpanzees - just - with some joe off the street writing the script, but to say this was produced by Sony, and with Priscilla on board, you would think more effort could have been given to getting it right!

Granted, the interviews with Elvis' contemporaries were interesting but Joanna Lumley was a poor choice to host... such a big fan is she (didn't know he played piano, didn't know he smoked cigars etc.), her in-depth questioning of Dixie Locke included "Did he kiss you?". And how many times this week has Priscilla told the story of "Trilogy"? If it's true - I'm starting to take anything she says with a pinch of salt... much like Tom Jones' stories.

Best docs I've seen were made by BBC in 1987, as far as I recall they were shown only once - "I Don't Sound Like Nobody" and "Cut Me And I Bleed". Anybody remember them?

elvis56

Post by elvis56 »

xeccr20 wrote:I seem to be in the minority here, but to me, the factual inaccuracies ruined it. I thought we had moved on from the old days when documentaries appeared to be cobbled together by chimpanzees - just - with some joe off the street writing the script, but to say this was produced by Sony, and with Priscilla on board, you would think more effort could have been given to getting it right!

Granted, the interviews with Elvis' contemporaries were interesting but Joanna Lumley was a poor choice to host... such a big fan is she (didn't know he played piano, didn't know he smoked cigars etc.), her in-depth questioning of Dixie Locke included "Did he kiss you?". And how many times this week has Priscilla told the story of "Trilogy"? If it's true - I'm starting to take anything she says with a pinch of salt... much like Tom Jones' stories.

Best docs I've seen were made by BBC in 1987, as far as I recall they were shown only once - "I Don't Sound Like Nobody" and "Cut Me And I Bleed". Anybody remember them?

both in the loft straight from tv but sadly on VHS :( come to think of it i may of stuck them on the dvd recorder yrs back, not used that in yrs either but the stuff i converted over lost so much quality its was a crime