Tom Jones' autobio will have "Elvis Presley Blues" chapter

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Hard Rocker

Re: Tom Jones' autobio will have "Elvis Presley Blues" chapt

Post by Hard Rocker »

Troubleman wrote:Let's see now; Elvis and the Beatles sang together
Did they? Not according to Paul, George and Ringo. Don't believe the hype :wink:

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Troubleman wrote:Let's see now; Elvis and the Beatles sang together and no one recorded it. Tom Jones also sang with Elvis and Joe Esposito turned of the recorder? Boy what missed opportunities for some great duets!
Joe was present at the 1965 summit and jam with the Beatles, too. Maybe he cut off the tape player there as well.

Here's an excellent FECC topic on the event:

John, Paul, George, Ringo and Elvis: Harmonic Convergence!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87288

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

The Pirate wrote:The level of insecurity displayed by Elvis fans on his behalf, on this forum, is staggering.
Maybe it's your aggressive tone, you tend to put down posters who don't agree with you. At least that's the impression I get when I read some of your posts. No disrespect intended.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

brian wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
brian wrote:His book will be released worldwide will it not?
It certainly will, but he's probably even more famous in the States than he is over here. I don't think there are going to be many people saying, "Tom who? Oh yeah, the guy who's always going on about his friendship with Elvis."
Tom Jones is not popular in the United States he's always been more famous in the U.K. and he gets much more media attention there.

A lot of celebrites who you wouldn't think would need to exaggerate their history with Elvis will do so. (Cybill Shepherd does it all the time)

It's a good thing for Tom Jones that so many are giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Cybil Shepherd (especially now) needs to drop Elvis' name about and her involvement with him, because of her level of fame, or lack thereof. Tom doesn't and never needed to, because he's always been a major star for the most part. The fact that he dedicates a full chapter about his friendship with Elvis, is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Troubleman wrote:Let's see now; Elvis and the Beatles sang together and no one recorded it. Tom Jones also sang with Elvis and Joe Esposito turned of the recorder? Boy what missed opportunities for some great duets!
Joe was present at the 1965 summit and jam with the Beatles, too.
Any reasonable person believes Paul, George and Ringo when they say that there was no "jam with The Beatles". It didn't happen.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Joe Car wrote:
The Pirate wrote:The level of insecurity displayed by Elvis fans on his behalf, on this forum, is staggering.
Maybe it's your aggressive tone, you tend to put down posters who don't agree with you. At least that's the impression I get when I read some of your posts. No disrespect intended.
You see aggression, I see exasperation. Some of the comments made here will try the patience of an intelligent fan. The Pirate possesses a terrific sense of humour and makes very sharp, spot-on observations. He's a huge fan as are you, but that doesn't mean he sees things as you do. And that makes for lively discussions on the forum.

::rocks

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

brian
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by brian »

I suggest that everyone leave the forum besides Dr.Carpenter and The Pirate because they are the greatest.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:
You see aggression, I see exasperation. Some of the comments made here will try the patience of an intelligent fan. The Pirate possesses a terrific sense of humour and makes very sharp, spot-on observations. He's a huge fan as are you, but that doesn't mean he sees things as you do. And that makes for lively discussions on the forum.

::rocks
Fair enough.

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

Tom is infamous for his Elvis name dropping. Elvis even comments on this via a seance with Rob Brydon!! (LOL). Tom is a good sport to have gone along with this.

Brian

dannyboy1
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years

Post by dannyboy1 »

I like Tom and always have.
But we can expect some of his exaggerated Elvis stories (eg. singing to Tom in the shower) to be exaggerated and embellished even further.
The stories have changed with each retelling and sadly cannot be relied on to be accurate 50 years after the actual events.

"The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."