Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Rockin_John
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Is it over?

Post by Rockin_John »

http://www.elvis-collectors.com has been my start page in my browser since I first got an internet connection at home back when I was 16.

It still is my start page and I still get excited when I see that there’s been an update of either “import news” or “sony news”. However lately I’ve been getting a feeling that there is no more exciting news to come.

The FTD’s doesn’t offer anything “irresistible”. I admit it’s been a long while since I took my hard earned money and bought one of those releases. I sure would like to own “A Boy From Tupelo”, but I can simply not afford it. And sadly, I can resist it.

The forum offers threads like “Most inappropriate Elvis song for 1st dance”, how fun it may be it doesn’t interest me (I’m not criticizing, just my opinion).

Is the Elvis-barrel empty? Is it over?
The wire recording of “I Forgot To Remember To Forget” is of course of interest.
On tour shows and That’s The Way It Is footage will never see the light of day officially will they?
What else do we have to look forward to, that we KNOW are coming?

Keep on Rockin'

dennyelvis
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Re: Is it over?

Post by dennyelvis »

Tend to agree, this is the so called 80th special, heck I would even take a CBS special project if it meant an official product in restored quality .......

The image is one thing and the human being is another. It’s very hard to live up to an image, put it that way.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Rockin_John wrote: The wire recording of “I Forgot To Remember To Forget” is of course of interest.
On tour shows and That’s The Way It Is footage will never see the light of day officially will they?
Between now and the 100th.

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

Dnorman90

Post by Dnorman90 »

There's a lot of people here that want the soundboard recordings and apparently there's a lot left. I personally skip most of these releases, just no interest from me. I think the well ran dry a while ago. Stlll waiting on On Tour, but I don't know whats going on with that. Most likely they will do single concert releases to make the most money off of us. Other than that, what else is there? Im not saddened, for a guy only in the business 23 years, we got a sh**load of releases. I'm thankful for what we got. We got spoiled for the last 15 years. I mean there's a few outtakes left, but that's not enticing enough for me to buy a re-release with just a couple new outtakes. If FTD is reading, DO AN ON TOUR BOX!!!!!! Also re-release Boy From Tupelo, there's still a lot of fans wanting that..

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Rockin_John wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com has been my start page in my browser since I first got an internet connection at home back when I was 16.

It still is my start page and I still get excited when I see that there’s been an update of either “import news” or “sony news”. However lately I’ve been getting a feeling that there is no more exciting news to come.

The FTD’s doesn’t offer anything “irresistible”. I admit it’s been a long while since I took my hard earned money and bought one of those releases. I sure would like to own “A Boy From Tupelo”, but I can simply not afford it. And sadly, I can resist it.

The forum offers threads like “Most inappropriate Elvis song for 1st dance”, how fun it may be it doesn’t interest me (I’m not criticizing, just my opinion).

Is the Elvis-barrel empty? Is it over?
The wire recording of “I Forgot To Remember To Forget” is of course of interest.
The best is yet to come!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

RonBaker2003
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by RonBaker2003 »

Sounds like Doc knows something special is about to happen! Hope so!