More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Makaveli
Registered for: 10 years 3 months

Uniondale Hysteria,Final Day

Post by Makaveli »

Uniondale Hysteria,Final Day

The MxF label will release soon the third volume of a trilogy dedicated to Elvis’ historical performance at Uniondale Nassau Coliseum. This third and final cd is entitled UNIONDALE HYSTERIA,Final Day, featuring the Uniondale, June 24, 1973 8.30 PM Show.
The June Tour represent the second and last tour of the year, Elvis on tour means Elvis at the top of his possibilities. Uniondale is the third step of the tour, in the Nassau coliseum Elvis performs four shows in three days. The show here presented is the third one…The begin of the 1973 presents an Elvis still at the top, no more a rocking singer, He deliveries with enthusiasm the classic repertoire post-72 …...The year was begun with the glorious Hawaii TV satellite Show and after a pale useless Vegas season, Elvis recuperated from the fatigue, started the first tour of the year in a different mood … the second tour is even better with our man very energetic on stage, full of enthusiasm he sings with power delivering a solid and long show, with the classic repertoire of the 1973 including a incredible “Steaming rolling blues” version, together the really dramatic What Now My Love and the classic Bridge Over Troubled Water. In this last day Elvis delivery a solid show….. replacing the classic Bridge Over Troubled Water with the gospel How Great Thou Art them for the rest is the classic songs line up of the tour……. On stage is an impressive figure in the nail studded jumpsuit, the rocker attitude still intact, the voice great, the atmosphere enormous, the demand terrific, 16.500 lucky people attended at the show.

The show is unreleased and complete, here we present the show directly from a first generation copy of a privately-recorded 60-minute cassette. The sound is very good really impressive without doubt far better respect the previous two shows. We are very proud to give you the opportunity listening with pleasure this solid show. Considering it was taped from the audience in a big hall the audio is incredibly good.. Elvis and overall the band is loud and clear, the sounds is very powerful in very good balanced mix the audience is never too intrusive giving instead the real feeling of the concert.

Like its predecessors, this new release will be presented in a beautiful four panels digipack with a collection of photos taken during show.. As bonus the 500 copies will come with a 12x12 card, represent a terrific shot from Elvis leaving the hotel for the show. All the photos come from the Steve Rino&Bob Rush book, Elvis June 1973 tour.

The recording good quality and the superb show give to Uniondale Hysteria, Final Day the status of UNIQUE.

Don’t miss it!!!! Collect Them All!!!
Track list:

As recorded live at Nassau Coliseum, June 24, 1973 8.30 PM

01. 2001 Theme 02. See See Rider 03. I Got A Woman/Amen 04. Love Me Tender 05. Steamroller Blues 06. You Gave Me A Mountain 07. Love Me 08. Blue Suede Shoes 09. Rock Medley 10. I’m Leaving 11. How Great Thou Art 12. Hound Dog 13. Fever 14. What Now My Love 15. Suspicious Minds 16. Band Introduction 17. I’ll Remember You 18. I Can’t Stop Loving You 19. An American Trilogy 20. A Big Hunk O’ Love 21. Can’t Help Falling In Love
time 55,00 min.

Source:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Uniondale Hysteria,Final Day

Post by Ciscoking »

I hope the cover is not finished yet..it was an AS.. 3:00 pm.... :wink:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Makaveli
Registered for: 10 years 3 months

Post by Makaveli »

ok, thanks.
hope they correct it ;)

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

The cover is actually ok as it doesn't say anything about the time of the day.

Henryk

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years

Post by fn2drive »

Looking forward to this. I was at 3 of the 4 shows. While Elvis was workman like and considerably less enthusiastic than 2 years earlier, these were good shows nonetheless. The crowd simply adored him. I along with 1000s of others had camped out overnight in the rain waiting for the box office to open I believe on Memorial Day. At some point they let everyone in line move into the exposition area to wait at maybe 5 am or so. When someone yelled the box office has opened there was a mass stampede. Those of us who were young improved our position in line while other poor souls where crushed trying to get through a 6 foot set of double doors. In hindsight it was wrong to jump the line but I was a stupid teenager. Even with that for the Friday show it was nosebleed heaven. Managed to get about 250 slides from the 2 matinees. It was a different Elvis here but hard to believe he would nearly od within a week or so in St Louis.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Thank you for the memories...great.. ::rocks

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

i am sure the shows were at least ok, just nothing outstanding.

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

OnStage55
Registered for: 9 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

Update June 22, 2015 from FECC Import News.

Uniondale Hysteria,Final Day.

Out now is the third volume of a trilogy dedicated to Elvis’ historical performance at Uniondale Nassau Coliseum. This third and final cd is entitled UNIONDALE HYSTERIA,Final Day, featuring the Uniondale, June 24, 1973 8.30 PM Show.

The June Tour represent the second and last tour of the year, Elvis on tour means Elvis at the top of his possibilities. Uniondale is the third step of the tour, in the Nassau coliseum Elvis performs four shows in three days. The show here presented is the third one…The begin of the 1973 presents an Elvis still at the top, no more a rocking singer, He deliveries with enthusiasm the classic repertoire post-72.

The year was begun with the glorious Hawaii TV satellite Show and after a pale useless Vegas season, Elvis recuperated from the fatigue, started the first tour of the year in a different mood … the second tour is even better with our man very energetic on stage, full of enthusiasm he sings with power delivering a solid and long show, with the classic repertoire of the 1973 including a incredible “Steaming rolling blues” version, together the really dramatic What Now My Love and the classic Bridge Over Troubled Water. In this last day Elvis delivery a solid show….. replacing the classic Bridge Over Troubled Water with the gospel How Great Thou Art them for the rest is the classic songs line up of the tour……. On stage is an impressive figure in the nail studded jumpsuit, the rocker attitude still intact, the voice great, the atmosphere enormous, the demand terrific, 16.500 lucky people attended at the show.

The show is unreleased and complete, here we present the show directly from a first generation copy of a privately-recorded 60-minute cassette. The sound is very good really impressive without doubt far better respect the previous two shows. We are very proud to give you the opportunity listening with pleasure this solid show. Considering it was taped from the audience in a big hall the audio is incredibly good.. Elvis and overall the band is loud and clear, the sounds is very powerful in very good balanced mix the audience is never too intrusive giving instead the real feeling of the concert.

Like its predecessors, this new release will be presented in a beautiful four panels digipack with a collection of photos taken during show.. As bonus the 500 copies will come with a 12x12 card, represent a terrific shot from Elvis leaving the hotel for the show. All the photos come from the Steve Rino&Bob Rush book, Elvis June 1973 tour.

The recording good quality and the superb show give to Uniondale Hysteria, Final Day the status of UNIQUE.

Don’t miss it!!!!
Collect Them All!!!
Track list:

As recorded live at Nassau Coliseum, June 24, 1973 8.30 PM

01. 2001 Theme 02. See See Rider 03. I Got A Woman/Amen 04. Love Me Tender 05. Steamroller Blues 06. You Gave Me A Mountain 07. Love Me 08. Blue Suede Shoes 09. Rock Medley 10. I’m Leaving 11. How Great Thou Art 12. Hound Dog 13. Fever 14. What Now My Love 15. Suspicious Minds 16. Band Introduction 17. I’ll Remember You 18. I Can’t Stop Loving You 19. An American Trilogy 20. A Big Hunk O’ Love 21. Can’t Help Falling In Love
time 55,00 min.
Update June 22, 2015

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

There are two sources for the show and MxF Records used the one which has better sound but is incomplete. The intros are missing, What is "band introduction" on the back cover is the intro to "I'll Remember You". And you can hear a clear cut before Cant Help Falling In Love and the sound declines. There is a tape where A Big Hunk O' Love is the last song before the closing vamp and Cant Help is missing. There is also a cd-r which has Cant Help Falling In Love taken from June 30, 1973 AS. There is also a complete cd-r. For this version they inserted the song from the secondary source. Its bad style by not mentioning that intros are missing and that Cant Help Falling In Love was taken from another source. I was wondering why they didn't insert the intros, too to make the show complete in mostly better sound. Perhaps it's just disability.

Basically this version was used.

2001(incomplete beginning)
C.C. Rider
I Got a Woman /Amen
Love Me Tender
Steamroller Blues
You Gave Me a Mountain
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Rock Medley
I'm leavin'
How Great Thou Art (slightly inc. beginning, with reprise)
Hound Dog
Fever
What Now My Love
Suspicious Minds
(band intros missing)
Thanking for "standing in the rain"
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
American Trilogy
A Big Hunk o' Love
(Can't help falling in love cut)

This cd-r is (almost) complete but in inferior sound. Just the 2001 Theme is incomplete and the Closing Vamp is missing. Cant Help Falling In Love stems from this source.