Why Didn't Binder Correct Elvis' Mispronouncing The Byrds?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

brian

Re: Why Didn't Binder Correct Elvis' Mispronouncing The Byrd

Post by brian »

r&b wrote:
DEH wrote:Elvis would have rather been on the set of "Frankie and Johnny" than at a Stones show. He was not a fan. :D :D
Yeah and thats whats sad about it all. The Stones more than The Beatles represented the type of music that Elvis was into in the 50's, hard driving blues with a strong rock beat. That he was put off by their looks shows how far he had fallen out of the loop and became dated by his movies in the 60's because people his age were saying the same thing about him in 1956.
When you get right down to it Elvis probably just didn't care for their music and that's okay because not everyone did.
Even back then not every young hipster that was extremely in touch with music liked The Rolling Stones.

Elvis liked The Beatles, Dusty Springfield, Tom Jones and probably some other British invasions acts and that's okay.

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

I wonder if Elvis Presley ever listened the huge hit of The Rolling Stones of 1965 named "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and what his opinion was on this.

brian

Post by brian »

jurasic1968 wrote:I wonder if Elvis Presley ever listened the huge hit of The Rolling Stones of 1965 named "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and what his opinion was on this.
I'm sure he heard it on the radio a few times back then.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

jurasic1968 wrote:I wonder if Elvis Presley ever listened the huge hit of The Rolling Stones of 1965 named "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" and what his opinion was on this.
Of course he did, it was one of the biggest songs of the year. And "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" made its debut at #67 on that same "Hot 100" chart I posted on page 4:

Billboard - June 12, 1965

The Rolling Stones would see their single make it to #1 on July 10th. Elvis was getting ready to make "Paradise, Hawaiian Style."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

"Satisfaction" was most probably heard by Elvis. Although there is no historical record of him hearing it, much less liking or disliking it.

jurasic1968

Post by jurasic1968 »

Thanks, Doc. I know. But I am angry right now, to Elvis of course. It's useless, after all these years, but after he listened to such great records (Beatles, Stones, Dylan and many others), he decided to do do the PHS soundtrack music? Of course The Colonel it's to blame but still Elvis had his share of losing.

Topic author
r&b

Post by r&b »

Juan Luis wrote:"Satisfaction" was most probably heard by Elvis. Although there is no historical record of him hearing it, much less liking or disliking it.
Yes, but I cant recall anyone not liking that song in 1965 or even until this day. Its as much an anthem as any one song recorded by anyone and Im not that big a Stones fan. But from the opening riff, you know its a special .

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
jurasic1968 wrote:I am angry right now, to Elvis of course..
Don't take it too serious, Elvis is gone, you can't change the course of history, enjoy the music! :wink:.

Right now I'm going to listen to Marguerita once again :smt020. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

drjohncarpenter

Juan Luis wrote:"Satisfaction" was most probably heard by Elvis. Although there is no historical record of him hearing it, much less liking or disliking it.
While "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was still hot on the charts at #2, after four straight weeks at #1 (July 10, 17, 24 and 31), he name-checked the group while chatting with musician Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. That's a clue. The good thing about this meeting between Noone and the singer, arranged by KPOI-AM disc jockey Tom Moffatt, was it probably allowed Elvis to understand how to converse with the Beatles at his Los Angeles home nine days later.

So who's your favorite group, after the Beatles?

Well, after the Beatles I would have to say, uh, you know, I'd say, uh, the Boston Pops, okay? (laughter) And then, uh, excuse me, the Boston Symphony (someone says "and Orchestra"). Orchestra! No, ah, I would say, ah, your group, Rolling Stones. You should know that I studied, obviously. Your group, the Rolling Stones. Your group before the Rolling Stones, right?

Peter Noone Interviews Elvis
On location, Honolulu, Hawaii, Wednesday, August 18, 1965

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

donwebster449
BANNED - FREQUENT RETURNING MEMBER
BANNED - FREQUENT RETURNING MEMBER

Post by donwebster449 »

Yes our old friend Tom Moffatt arrange the meeting of the two men with Colonel Parkers permission!

Brian In Atlanta

Post by Brian In Atlanta »

As is typical, DJC has the soundest reason and hardest facts. He and I have clashed a few times so I'm not a-kissing, but nor am I being sarcastic; just making the obvious observation.

To play devils advocate, I don't think the other theories arguments are impossible, just far far less likely.

To add to what has been said on Elvis' knowledge and it being a joke: The Byrds were second only to The Beatles as representing the revolution in music, values and fashion in "hippie culture," the most obvious contrast to Elvis' generation, thus their mention makes the strongest statement about openness to the new guarde. Them being American is the perfect compliment to the Fabs & UK invaders, acknowledging the scope of these watershed changes. (The Beach Boys despite their evolution would never shake the dual association with pre-hippie beach culture with the simpler surf take on R''n'R. ) As DJC alludes to, this is crucial to the whole point that Elvis is connected and relevant to what others might assume is anathema to E's mindset.

Of course he knew their big hits, and it's likely that some would be among the more accessible to his taste in the genre. In all likelihood he, like the public overall - would prefer Tamborine Man and other Dylan covers or pastiches preferable to Dylan himself for having more melodic vocals, catchier pop arrangement and ringing harmonies. The musically curious seize on such "In's" to better understand foriegn forms even if just as a listener. He'd also probably pick up on some bluegrass picking in their arranments, even if Sweethearts of the Rodeo was a year away, they were doing country one offs as had the Beatles. Certainly the Ecclesiastical lyrics of "Turn, Turn, Turn" must have *turned* his head to see a new side of long hair rock, one can easily imagine him reworking it with his backup gospel singers in Vegas, in the peace and love spirit of "Walk a Mile..." or a medley with "Oh Happy Day.". Oh tormenting missed opportunities for brilliance! (does anyone know if Tom Jones , Sammy Davis Jr., or Bobby Darin covered it? So up all their alleys, as should have been more so with Elvis)

Even if some of this didn't reach Elvis' attention, undoubtably Binder would mention such things during their Sunset Boulevard (location accurate?) stroll, to stress that even if he was barely in hippie awareness, the culture gap could be at least partially bridged foe Elvis by coming in peace then rocking out so many would feel the connection. (certainly Binder knew the greats who grew up on Elvis and the rock press would love to hear Elvis subtly distance himself from the Southern political reactionaries condemning flower power culture, so strongly linked to protest. That way Beatles and Doors and Fogherties and the Bangs, Guralnicks, and Marshes of the industry, not to mention fans also keeping with the times, could tell their doubter friends, see this guy is no redneck savante dinosaur, the guy who helped start all this "gets it" and can still rock

I've digresses somewhat, but point being, despite how casually Elvis tossed it off, this was no casual choice. What I assume is a joking pronunciation may have undercut the substance, but he was clearly nervous in his well established shy country boy mode stumbling hesitantly even through his own sensibilities and history, which makes people joke, often limply or at least in pure silliness as an easy go-to. And there IS playful wit in the long-hairs referencing, (elsewhere he alludes to how his stage presence once got authority all shook up,) and deservedly what does seem a jibe-worthy contrivance in nakedly aping The Beatles. What's next, The Bee-gulls?

Slight caviat: it is theoretically possible as an accent-related slip that came out like a joke. Of course his accent and diction were nothing of that sort, but him subconsciously slipping into an exaggeration of voices from his youth, yes. I was actually at my girlfriends Southern college in Tennessee no less when a students mother said, "Lord it's pretty walking around here, but I didn't know if I can take these heels." (It was almost two syllables like hee-ulls. ) But She was wearing flat cross trainers. "Sorry, what was that?" "The heels, all these heels around here." She meant hiills of course, most likely home many trees with chirping beards! There's a lotta crazy accents out there, YouTube authors. amaze me with new varieties all the time. Imagine people in the sticks before Internet or even TV, the accents he must have remembered and joked about from growing up in "Meh-fuss."

It being a made up jokey band name that doesn't exist seems very low, that reading makes it dismissing and condescending, when the goal was to graciously unite cultural factions assumed by some as disparate; maybe he was processing Binders feedback himself as he said it, hoping with some fear Binder is right,) though his genius for unity so was clearly through music, not speech.

Finally, I guess it's very remotely possible he'd seem The Byrds in print but not put the connection together, sheltered by his bubble including the Mafia boys running interference with pop stars E might sometimes recoil from, feeling threatened. But a band with. those ubiquitous smash hits, all those TV appearances, and Elvis with a three TV wall, surely curious who's playing Sullivan as he did, Carson taking monologue potshots at hippie bands regularly even if booking them less so, and the many music variety shows old and new (Bandstand, Shindig, etc.) required viewing to catch James Brown, Motown Artists, buddies like Johnny Rivers and others, even old blues idols getting their due. The chance he never heard The Byrds announced without seeing screen text, or made part of the stages pop-psych art design, the host showing th cover for a plugged album, or discussing record covers after hours at Poplar Tunes - all these near certainties and the strange anomaly NEVER coming up with Red and company, useful even for brownie points from mocking E's young hip competition?? A chance, I suppose, but so astronomically low it would take Neil Degrasse Tyson to put the odds ratio into perspective!
Last edited by Brian In Atlanta on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

BIA
Brian In Atlanta
visit:
brianmatson.com

drjohncarpenter

r&b wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:"Crying In The Chapel" is a fluke hit in 1965, a desperation move by RCA since studio sessions are non-existent on their artist. The primary reason for the song's success is Elvis' incredible vocal performance. In his hands it becomes more than just a gospel song, it is a person seeking love, peace, and redemption. Add to that the beautiful arrangement, immaculate sound of RCA's Studio B, Bill Porter's meticulous engineering (despite having a bad case of the flu), and superb backing of the Jordanaires, and you have a Presley classic. At the same time, there is no doubt Elvis was very aware of the singles surrounding the RCA release, especially at the time it peaked at #3 in mid-June.

Note the Byrds at #6, moving up very fast and about to capture the #1 slot. Anyone who thinks he missed this is being willfully ignorant. Plus the Beatles just fell from the #1 slot with "Ticket To Ride," the Seekers "I'll Never Find Another You" is sitting at #17 (Elvis would later short-list this one for an August 1967 session, although it never got taped), and Welsh singer Tom Jones' "It Not Unusual" holding the line at #12. He would meet both the Beatles and Jones in just two months time, too, and compliment their records.

Yes, he paid attention all right.
That chart represents one of the most diverse and best years in the history of pop music. I was glad to have been a witness to it all.
What an incredible memory to have. Indeed, an astounding amount of excellent music was on the radio, now almost fifty years ago. It must have been driving Elvis mad, knowing he could have been right in the thick of things.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
r&b

Post by r&b »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
r&b wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:"Crying In The Chapel" is a fluke hit in 1965, a desperation move by RCA since studio sessions are non-existent on their artist. The primary reason for the song's success is Elvis' incredible vocal performance. In his hands it becomes more than just a gospel song, it is a person seeking love, peace, and redemption. Add to that the beautiful arrangement, immaculate sound of RCA's Studio B, Bill Porter's meticulous engineering (despite having a bad case of the flu), and superb backing of the Jordanaires, and you have a Presley classic. At the same time, there is no doubt Elvis was very aware of the singles surrounding the RCA release, especially at the time it peaked at #3 in mid-June.

Note the Byrds at #6, moving up very fast and about to capture the #1 slot. Anyone who thinks he missed this is being willfully ignorant. Plus the Beatles just fell from the #1 slot with "Ticket To Ride," the Seekers "I'll Never Find Another You" is sitting at #17 (Elvis would later short-list this one for an August 1967 session, although it never got taped), and Welsh singer Tom Jones' "It Not Unusual" holding the line at #12. He would meet both the Beatles and Jones in just two months time, too, and compliment their records.

Yes, he paid attention all right.
That chart represents one of the most diverse and best years in the history of pop music. I was glad to have been a witness to it all.
What an incredible memory to have. Indeed, an astounding amount of excellent music was on the radio, now almost fifty years ago. It must have been driving Elvis mad, knowing he could have been right in the thick of things.

As well as his fans like me.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
While "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was still hot on the charts at #2, after four straight weeks at #1 (July 10, 17, 24 and 31), he name-checked the group while chatting with musician Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. That's a clue. The good thing about this meeting between Noone and the singer, arranged by KPOI-AM disc jockey Tom Moffatt, was it probably allowed Elvis to understand how to converse with the Beatles at his Los Angeles home nine days later.

Well, after the Beatles I would have to say, uh, you know, I'd say, uh, the Boston Pops, okay? (laughter) And then, uh, excuse me, the Boston Symphony (someone says "and Orchestra"). Orchestra! No, ah, I would say, ah, your group, Rolling Stones. You should know that I studied, obviously. Your group, the Rolling Stones. Your group before the Rolling Stones, right?

No evidence he heard the music. Everyone has heard of group names without having heard their music. Name checking means nothing. Especially in that interview.

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION

Post by fn2drive »

Juan Luis wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

No evidence he heard the music. Everyone has heard of group names without having heard their music. Name checking means nothing. Especially in that interview.

This is a rather silly comment. Elvis was hardly the recluse of 1976. He loved music and surely was still worried a competition. Never heard 'Satisfaction' come on now. Sure he loved Charles Boyer but he was still in touch with the Billboard.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

This is a rather silly comment. Elvis was hardly the recluse of 1976. He loved music and surely was still worried a competition. Never heard 'Satisfaction' come on now. Sure he loved Charles Boyer but he was still in touch with the Billboard.
He probably heard it. But how can we be sure he asked who it was by? If he even liked it. Marty Lacker stated he was not into that music. "He didn't play their records". I think he hadn't accepted the huge wave of new stuff coming out at that time. My take.

brian

Post by brian »

The Rolling Stones weren't some underground cult band they were very popular and very mainstream.

Elvis knew who the Rolling Stones were and if he listened to the top 40 he would have heard ''Satisfaction''.

rjm

Post by rjm »

brian wrote:
r&b wrote:
DEH wrote:Elvis would have rather been on the set of "Frankie and Johnny" than at a Stones show. He was not a fan. :D :D
Yeah and thats whats sad about it all. The Stones more than The Beatles represented the type of music that Elvis was into in the 50's, hard driving blues with a strong rock beat. That he was put off by their looks shows how far he had fallen out of the loop and became dated by his movies in the 60's because people his age were saying the same thing about him in 1956.
When you get right down to it Elvis probably just didn't care for their music and that's okay because not everyone did.
Even back then not every young hipster that was extremely in touch with music liked The Rolling Stones.

Elvis liked The Beatles, Dusty Springfield, Tom Jones and probably some other British invasions acts and that's okay.
I disagree. I have a real good hunch that Elvis saw the T.A.M.I. Show where Jagger followed James Brown. This HAS to be what triggered Elvis's comment that Jagger looked like "a chicken on Acid." He was aware of the radio, television, and this unusual variety music film (coincidentally produced by Steve Binder).

Marty sometimes imposes his own views on to Elvis because Elvis did pay attention to music, and Binder kind of "tested" him on that, asking about a song that was a big hit at the time, Jimmy Webb's odd "MacArthur Park." Elvis said he would have recorded it. He knew it, and additionally knew enough about pop culture that he spoofed both it and Tiny Tim! Right on the show.

I don't even Iike MacArthur Park, but Steve just wanted to know if he was completely in a bubble. He was not.

But the constant execrable films left him demoralized and somewhat withdrawn from 1963 to 1967. He was a young man, a newlywed with a tiny baby - and a musician. He could not have been THAT withdrawn to the point where he didn't know contemporary music.

I don't know what he meant, but I think it was just a nervous joke: immediately after, he reveals how he was struggling to say anything at all.

A year later, his tongue was free once more. The monologues were wild! He was like a new person. He was himself again.

He even taught Mama Cass how to sing gospel! (She was in the suite and was mystified at all the post-show singing. She said that after shows, she was tired of singing. So, he said "try it." She only knew "Amazing Grace" and the singers fell in behind her, voices swelling, and she was very surprised that she really loved it! He just wanted to show her why he enjoyed it.) I mean, geez.

rjm
P.S. -- I will get a citation later. It's legit!

Sent via my most phabulous phablet, the Galaxy Note 4

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

drjohncarpenter

fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:While "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was still hot on the charts at #2, after four straight weeks at #1 (July 10, 17, 24 and 31), he name-checked the group while chatting with musician Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. That's a clue. The good thing about this meeting between Noone and the singer, arranged by KPOI-AM disc jockey Tom Moffatt, was it probably allowed Elvis to understand how to converse with the Beatles at his Los Angeles home nine days later.

Silly is not the adjective that springs immediately to mind. I've laid out more than enough precise, factual information for anyone to make an informed opinion about the explosion of music happening in both June 1968 (the timeline of the OP), or three years earlier (when "Crying In The Chapel" made it to #3), and the suggestion Elvis well knew this music.

Or maybe Presley kept the radio and TV off all these years, and although having his L.A. jukebox constantly stuffed with the latest Top 40 singles, maybe he never turned the machine on.

That sounds logical, right?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fn2drive wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:While "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" was still hot on the charts at #2, after four straight weeks at #1 (July 10, 17, 24 and 31), he name-checked the group while chatting with musician Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. That's a clue. The good thing about this meeting between Noone and the singer, arranged by KPOI-AM disc jockey Tom Moffatt, was it probably allowed Elvis to understand how to converse with the Beatles at his Los Angeles home nine days later.

Silly is not the adjective that springs immediately to mind. I've laid out more than enough precise, factual information for anyone to make an informed opinion about the explosion of music happening in both June 1968 (the timeline of the OP), or three years earlier (when "Crying In The Chapel" made it to #3), and the suggestion Elvis well knew this music.

Or maybe Presley kept the radio and TV off all these years, and although having his L.A. jukebox constantly stuffed with the latest Top 40 singles, maybe he never turned the machine on.

That sounds logical, right?
No historical evidence. And the jukebox wasn't filled with just top 40. Maybe not even one Stone record in there. At least a couple of Beatle records maybe. But, can't comment. Not in historical record. :lol:

brian

Post by brian »

rjm wrote:
brian wrote:
r&b wrote:

I disagree. I have a real good hunch that Elvis saw the T.A.M.I. Show where Jagger followed James Brown. This HAS to be what triggered Elvis's comment that Jagger looked like "a chicken on Acid." He was aware of the radio, television, and this unusual variety music film (coincidentally produced by Steve Binder).

Marty sometimes imposes his own views on to Elvis because Elvis did pay attention to music, and Binder kind of "tested" him on that, asking about a song that was a big hit at the time, Jimmy Webb's odd "MacArthur Park." Elvis said he would have recorded it. He knew it, and additionally knew enough about pop culture that he spoofed both it and Tiny Tim! Right on the show.

I don't even Iike MacArthur Park, but Steve just wanted to know if he was completely in a bubble. He was not.

But the constant execrable films left him demoralized and somewhat withdrawn from 1963 to 1967. He was a young man, a newlywed with a tiny baby - and a musician. He could not have been THAT withdrawn to the point where he didn't know contemporary music.

I don't know what he meant, but I think it was just a nervous joke: immediately after, he reveals how he was struggling to say anything at all.

A year later, his tongue was free once more. The monologues were wild! He was like a new person. He was himself again.

He even taught Mama Cass how to sing gospel! (She was in the suite and was mystified at all the post-show singing. She said that after shows, she was tired of singing. So, he said "try it." She only knew "Amazing Grace" and the singers fell in behind her, voices swelling, and she was very surprised that she really loved it! He just wanted to show her why he enjoyed it.) I mean, geez.
I have heard of everything you are talking about but I'm not sure where you disagree with me.

Some people on this board act like Elvis was a sixty year old man who lived under a rock.

MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

I think Elvis was just enjoying the play on words. He loved messing with words.

We all know how he liked playing with the lyrics of his songs.

This was Elvis beimg himself, and Binder was probably loving it.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Elvis was in that Geller reading material, movies, parties (don't mean sitting around listening to records) the ranch, and then the marriage. Just because Elvis did not listen purposely to a lot of the stuff, doesn't mean he wasn't aware of it. Why is it so important that he had to know them by name in order to know the music? So some of you want to think that if Elvis heard "Under My Thumb" he would name them? Or say,"great work by Brian Jones"?! Nothing wrong about being less focused (as it appeared be) on music and more on other things during that time. And when he started waking up, it was with his old loves... Country music & some Blues in 1967 with Jarvis producing. And then came Billy Strange in 1968 with some groovy stuff.

rjm

Post by rjm »

brian wrote:
rjm wrote:
brian wrote:
r&b wrote:

I have heard of everything you are talking about but I'm not sure where you disagree with me.

Some people on this board act like Elvis was a sixty year old man who lived under a rock.
I'm sorry; my concentration isn't what it should be at the moment and it was just a subtle point that occurred to me about the Stones.

I guess that was a bit unclear: the point where I disagreed is that it was about "the music." It wasn't a main point, but it was a significant point because the Stones had two aspects early on: the music and Jagger's attempts to be an astonishing pop dancer. Elvis wasn't going along for that ride. I think he was put off by the sight of him dancing. Those are really two different things: listening and watching a performer. Early in the Beatles' moment - '64, Elvis did a press conference to give his yacht to St. Jude's. (The ravaged yacht that had belonged to Roosevelt.) He was, naturally, asked about the Beatles. He said he'd heard their music when they WERE ON VEE-JAY! (He might have said "last year," or "before they were popular" - not certain, but he said he listened to their Vee-Jay records.) That is PLUGGED-IN, and someone who was paying attention to just about everything. He apparently liked them. With that as background, I would guess he might have heard the Stones when they were a blues band - their first albums. I wouldn't necessarily assume he didn't like their music. It was R&B, and it was good. Why wouldn't he like it? But when he got a LOOK at Jagger immediately after seeing James Brown, well THEN! A lot of people had that feeling at the time, actually, which is why it was unfortunate that the Stones were presented that way in the film.

So, I was just saying that he probably liked this:

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Topic author
r&b

Post by r&b »

Early in the Beatles' moment - '64, Elvis did a press conference to give his yacht to St. Jude's. (The ravaged yacht that had belonged to Roosevelt.) He was, naturally, asked about the Beatles. He said he'd heard their music when they WERE ON VEE-JAY!

Where is this documented or where can it be found? I have never heard the VeeJay comment before this