Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Harty
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Special 80th announcements...

Post by Harty »

We have May 2015 now, the 80th birthday was in January. We had a strange Sony announcement but still no special release. A special release should be placed nearby the birthday and not in August as Elvis died :-).

Was it a rumour or do we get the big surprise ? Honestly I thought we get some nice releases during the whole year.

JerryNodak

Re: Special 80th announcements...

Post by JerryNodak »

I have no idea what SONY has planned. But whatever it is it's likely to be available for purchase during the 38th anniversary of Elvis' passing. Like it or not, that's the next time the media will focus on Elvis.

gantonicel@aol.com
Registered for: 9 years 7 months

Post by gantonicel@aol.com »

I remember originally reading the Sony quote regarding the year long 80th celebration on this site . Then there was the statement about a release that would " make the hair stand up on the back of your neck". But these seem to be rumors or speculation. My guess is we'll continue to get FTD's and occasional Legacy releases throughout the year, and maybe one really nice release this summer, and I'm fine with that type of release activity
If there is to be a special release in time for Aug 16 there will probably be an announcement soon.

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

Personally, I'm fascinated (and very excited) by Elvis being included in a Christmas compilation later in the year that has the most wonderful cover design according to the German Amazon site. No doubt, it's a high-powered performance!
elvis battery.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NumberEight
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by NumberEight »

poormadpeter wrote:Personally, I'm fascinated (and very excited) by Elvis being included in a Christmas compilation later in the year that has the most wonderful cover design according to the German Amazon site. No doubt, it's a high-powered performance!
elvis battery.JPG
I must have gotten it wrong all these years...

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
gantonicel@aol.com wrote:I remember originally reading the Sony quote regarding the year long 80th celebration on this site . Then there was the statement about a release that would " make the hair stand up on the back of your neck".
If there is to be a special release in time for Aug 16 there will probably be an announcement soon.
And here it is :wink:!. Bye for now :smt006.
$_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

gantonicel@aol.com

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.
gantonicel@aol.com wrote:I remember originally reading the Sony quote regarding the year long 80th celebration on this site . Then there was the statement about a release that would " make the hair stand up on the back of your neck".
And here it is :wink:!. Bye for now :smt006.
$_1.jpg
This CD and the Christmas release will make the 80th an anniversary for the ages . If only Frank Sinatra Jr. would record an Elvis tribute album we could all die happy !

Dnorman90

Post by Dnorman90 »

I don't agree with it, but every year Elvis' death gets more media attention than his birthday. I mean 'Elvis week' is based around his death. I expected a big cd release to be around that time... I'm sure it'll be just another remix album, but its always fun to get the hopes up.

The Pirate

Post by The Pirate »

poormadpeter wrote:Personally, I'm fascinated (and very excited) by Elvis being included in a Christmas compilation later in the year that has the most wonderful cover design according to the German Amazon site. No doubt, it's a high-powered performance!
elvis battery.JPG
That's going to attract a few positive reviews, I wonder how much they'll charge?

gantonicel@aol.com

Since were not far from August , I think it's safe to say that the idea of an Elvis 80th celebration has long been forgotten. I wonder how that rumor started ?
I received a catalog from Graceland Mail Order today and the 80th is not even mention there except for an illustrated guitar , and they usually cash in on every anniversary.

Dnorman90

Post by Dnorman90 »

gantonicel@aol.com wrote:Since were not far from August , I think it's safe to say that the idea of an Elvis 80th celebration has long been forgotten. I wonder how that rumor started ?
I received a catalog from Graceland Mail Order today and the 80th is not even mention there except for an illustrated guitar , and they usually cash in on every anniversary.
Yeah, i got the catalog too, nothing in there i would want. That guitar looks hideous and they are always cheap brand guitars. As for the 80th, there's nothing, The "Today" legacy looks like a useless release and this new remix/duet, w/e it is, looks like complete rubbish. The only celebration will be the people at Graceland for the week. Other than that, the world goes on without a peep from Elvis in the media world (CD releases that is).

barry

Post by barry »

Dnorman90 wrote:
gantonicel@aol.com wrote:Since were not far from August , I think it's safe to say that the idea of an Elvis 80th celebration has long been forgotten. I wonder how that rumor started ?
Yeah, i got the catalog too, nothing in there i would want. That guitar looks hideous and they are always cheap brand guitars. As for the 80th, there's nothing, The "Today" legacy looks like a useless release and this new remix/duet, w/e it is, looks like complete rubbish. The only celebration will be the people at Graceland for the week. Other than that, the world goes on without a peep from Elvis in the media world (CD releases that is).

I think the Elvis Forever Stamp and CD is a good start.

Dnorman90

Post by Dnorman90 »

barry wrote:
Dnorman90 wrote:

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. That is a good start! haha :smt034 :smt030 :smt040

r&b

Post by r&b »

barry wrote:
Dnorman90 wrote:

Not to be a downer, but no one cares about that except hard core Elvis collectors or stamp collectors. It is not in the media at all like the first stamp was. It will come and go.

Eggrert
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Eggrert »

r&b wrote:Not to be a downer, but no one cares about that except hard core Elvis collectors or stamp collectors. It is not in the media at all like the first stamp was. It will come and go.
My mom sent me a text to let me know about the stamp and CD...but then, she knows to be on the lookout for Elvis-related material in the news. :D

barry

Post by barry »

r&b wrote:
barry wrote:
Dnorman90 wrote:

Not to be a downer, but no one cares about that except hard core Elvis collectors or stamp collectors. It is not in the media at all like the first stamp was. It will come and go.
It may well come and go, but will be interesting to see how many copies sell.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

So for now we will have three special releases on the 80th Anniversary! :shock:.

Elvis Today 2 cd set (August), Elvis Forever Stamp cd (August) & If I Can Dream cd (September) :facep:. Bye for now :smt006.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I'm not the least bit excited by any of those, Mike.

Topic author
Harty
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Harty »

I guess the legacy today set has nothing to do with a special 80th birthday release. It is just a legacy edition.

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

Don't think you can call the Today release "special" as it is just a run of the mill typical release that would be released regardless of what year it is.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

steve in SC wrote:Don't think you can call the Today release "special" as it is just a run of the mill typical release that would be released regardless of what year it is.
I have to disagree on that, Elvis Today-Legacy Edition will be released on the 40th Anniversary of the album! 8). Bye for now :smt006.