Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
murph1031
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Eternal Elvis vinyl

Post by murph1031 »

Quick question concerning this release. I have checked the Elvis records.us site. but I still have a question. Today at a record fair I purchased two copies of this record. One of them is the first issue, got that info from records.us web site. The second copy however is the one I have a question on. The cover is the same as the one listed on records.us as been the second issue, but with one major difference. On the front cover across the top there is a solid raised black bar, with "Eternal Elvis limited edition" in gold letters.
Is this still the second issue or yet another issue of this album?
Thanks
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Eternal Elvis vinyl

Post by drjohncarpenter »

murph1031 wrote:Quick question concerning this release. I have checked the Elvis records.us site. but I still have a question. Today at a record fair I purchased two copies of this record. One of them is the first issue, got that info from records.us web site. The second copy however is the one I have a question on. The cover is the same as the one listed on records.us as been the second issue, but with one major difference. On the front cover across the top there is a solid raised black bar, with "Eternal Elvis limited edition" in gold letters.
Is this still the second issue or yet another issue of this album?
Thanks
Rob

I have a copy of this, it was a "special edition" offer at the time for this second pressing of the LP, red vinyl and all. The "bar" was described as being a leather-type addition and very rare. It's actually a bit cheesy, but I loved it at the time.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
murph1031

Post by murph1031 »

[I have a copy of this, it was a "special edition" offer at the time for this second pressing of the LP, red vinyl and all. The "bar" was described as being a leather-type addition and very rare. It's actually a bit cheesy, but I loved it at the time.[/quote]

Must not be rare anymore, I paid $5 today for it. $10 for the first pressing.

colonel snow
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by colonel snow »

The first release was with a blue and white picture from the 70's; the second issue was with the Jailhouse rock picture. A special edition was with a black stripe on the front cover. All released in 1978.
Soon counterfeits were released from all releases.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

colonel snow wrote:The first release was with a blue and white picture from the 70's; the second issue was with the Jailhouse rock picture. A special edition was with a black stripe on the front cover. All released in 1978.

colonel snow

The front cover image on the first pressing was taken on stage at the International Hotel in August 1969. It was included in one of the official photo books from the period.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
murph1031

Post by murph1031 »

The second copy I got was that first edition, that is of course unless there counterfeits.

VEGAS74
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by VEGAS74 »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
colonel snow wrote:The first release was with a blue and white picture from the 70's; the second issue was with the Jailhouse rock picture. A special edition was with a black stripe on the front cover. All released in 1978.

colonel snow

The front cover image on the first pressing was taken on stage at the International Hotel in August 1969. It was included in one of the official photo books from the period.
.....and the 1970 menu

VEGAS74
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by VEGAS74 »

Three more versions...