Lisa Marie Tweets: The Planes Are Staying!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JRtherealJR
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Lisa Marie Tweets: The Planes Are Staying!

Post by JRtherealJR »

It was only a few days ago that a news release was put out saying that the planes were going to be moved to a property down the road from Graceland. And now this:

It was my understanding that EPE never owned the planes- they were just leasing them. So according to Lisa, EPE are the new owners....

I wonder what has been going on behind the scenes? Have EPE bought the planes?

Ad hominem fallacy (or ad hominem) is an attempt to discredit someone’s argument by personally attacking them. Instead of discussing the argument itself, criticism is directed toward the opponent’s character, which is irrelevant to the discussion.
https://www.scribbr.co.uk/fallacy/ad-hominem/

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Lisa Marie Tweets: The Planes Are Staying!

Post by Robert »

Confusing, but it sounds great!
Maybe it's the same message we got earlier as we already knew they would be displayed near Graceland.
LM indicates EPE is the new owner however and that sounds exciting!

Mr. Powers
Account deactivated by request of member. Member now known as "FatherJack1980"
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by Mr. Powers »

So they bought the planes but not the acetate "My Happiness" :?:

Well, hopefully they will stay at the same place and not be moved down the street. Although the "have fun plans 4 them" sounds really worrying

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by elvisjock »

My initial reaction was that her Twitter account was hacked.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

merry77
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by merry77 »

I'd rather have EPE buying the planes then My happines.

Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.

Jim Dandy
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Jim Dandy »

You have to admit, either way EPE and Elvis got some good mileage out of all of the publicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the man downstairs with the long bushy hair!

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

elvisjock wrote:My initial reaction was that her Twitter account was hacked.
Haha! :)

King Volcano

Post by King Volcano »

merry77 wrote:I'd rather have EPE buying the planes then My happines.
Me too.

Kylan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Kylan »

Yippie!!! Ahhh couldn't get in em anyway. Lol

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

Reached Sunday, Jack Kendall of OKC Partnership, which owns the planes, would not comment, saying only that “I believe Graceland has a press release about it.”

Kendall had previously tried to sell the planes through a Beverly Hills auction house, which estimated their value at between $10 million and $15 million.

Graceland officials did not return phone calls seeking comment Sunday. Officials there have plans to build a 450-room hotel as well as an entertainment complex, which, they have said, necessitated moving the airplanes.

Earlier this month, Kendall submitted a plan to the Land Use Control Board to display the planes on a 5.3-acre lot at 3850 Elvis Presley Blvd., which was once home to Covenant Presbyterian Church. The LUCB sent the project to the City Council with a recommendation for approval; the Council has yet to hear the matter.

Brian

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

Mr. Powers wrote:So they bought the planes but not the acetate "My Happiness" :?:
What's the concern :?:

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

elvis-fan wrote:
Mr. Powers wrote:So they bought the planes but not the acetate "My Happiness" :?:
...business decision only...the planes will make money...the acetate on display at Graceland will not increase ticket sales...and that`s the truth in 2015 :wink: but lets not forget the sentimental value to Lisa...her Dad named the plane after her...I personally never thought for a second that she would just let that go :D

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

Priscilla tweeted a similar message, along with a "Shame on you" to all those who failed to march in lockstep.

Dnorman90

Post by Dnorman90 »

Ummm what kind of "Plans" could they have for the planes??? Maybe we'll be able to go for a ride in them :lol: I am glad that they own them though! Also, I'm glad the didn't buy "my happiness", I'm enjoying my 78 very much!

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by TINML »

Who would spend 15 million on non airworthy planes?! Lmao, no wonder EPE held their ground, they're not worth that much.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Topic author
JRtherealJR
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by JRtherealJR »

For those that might have missed this first time around, here is the video from Darren Julien himself touring the Lisa Marie in order to promote his auction:

Ad hominem fallacy (or ad hominem) is an attempt to discredit someone’s argument by personally attacking them. Instead of discussing the argument itself, criticism is directed toward the opponent’s character, which is irrelevant to the discussion.
https://www.scribbr.co.uk/fallacy/ad-hominem/

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Mr. Powers
Account deactivated by request of member. Member now known as "FatherJack1980"
Registered for: 9 years 3 months

Post by Mr. Powers »

elvis-fan wrote:
Uuuuhhhh.... that acetate is directly linked to Elvis' musical heritage - the planes are not.

But where the heck is 3850 Elvis Presley Blvd, neither Bing Maps nor Google Maps find it! Can anyone please upload a screenshot of a map that shows it's whereabouts and point it out

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

debtd1
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by debtd1 »

Mr. Powers wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
Uuuuhhhh.... that acetate is directly linked to Elvis' musical heritage - the planes are not.

But where the heck is 3850 Elvis Presley Blvd, neither Bing Maps nor Google Maps find it! Can anyone please upload a screenshot of a map that shows it's whereabouts and point it out

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"No-one, but no-one, is his equal, or ever will be. He was, and is supreme". Mick Jagger

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

My takeaways on the planes:

* Priscilla's "Shame on you" and "Calm down" comments reflect poorly on a woman in her position. She's been a bit too candid in some of her social media posts. It tarnishes the classy, keeper of the flame image she's cultivated over the years.

* Lisa really has very little to do with the operation of the business. She was quoted last week as saying she didn't realize the former Las Vegas Hilton complex still existed. And you thought her father lived in an ivory tower...

* Were it not for Mr. Coker going public, this matter would have gone down like so many other cases of EPE playing hardball.

* In the end, my initial reaction, that the planes would stay right where they are, proved to be correct. I didn't expect EPE to buy them, but I'm glad they did, and I hope the artifacts are treated with the same TLC as the rest of the collection, starting with some significant restoration.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by sweetangeline »

elvisjock wrote:* Priscilla's "Shame on you" and "Calm down" comments reflect poorly on a woman in her position. She's been a bit too candid in some of her social media posts. It tarnishes the classy, keeper of the flame image she's cultivated over the years.
...or maybe it`s time that people had a little more faith in her :wink:

EPA4368
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by EPA4368 »

Good News hearing the planes are staying.

Although agree Priscilla could've handle this whole situation better, but some comments are a bit harsh on Lisa.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

sweetangeline wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
...business decision only...the planes will make money...the acetate on display at Graceland will not increase ticket sales...and that`s the truth in 2015 :wink: but lets not forget the sentimental value to Lisa...her Dad named the plane after her...I personally never thought for a second that she would just let that go :D
Spot on on both accounts.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

The fun part could include the building of an airport gate "look a like", from which to enter the Lisa Marie.

robbie
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by robbie »

Good girl, he named the darn thing after her, must mean a lot to her :smt023 and the fans

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

sweetangeline wrote:
elvisjock wrote:* Priscilla's "Shame on you" and "Calm down" comments reflect poorly on a woman in her position. She's been a bit too candid in some of her social media posts. It tarnishes the classy, keeper of the flame image she's cultivated over the years.
...or maybe it`s time that people had a little more faith in her :wink:
A seasoned businesswoman doesn't need to speak to her customers like children. Her publicist accused me of "trashing" her. I've done nothing of the sort.