Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
garyt
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

The UK Album chart

Post by garyt »

The UK Album chart will now include sales from albums that have been downloaded. How will this effect Elvis? How much is Elvis downloaded in the UK and globally?

Visit my site for fans elvis-people

When In Rome
Registered for: 12 years 2 months

Re: The UK Album chart

Post by When In Rome »

garyt wrote:The UK Album chart will now include sales from albums that have been downloaded. How will this effect Elvis? How much is Elvis downloaded in the UK and globally?
I thought they had for a while now? I read the UK album chart will soon be counting streams; 100 streams will be the equivalent of one sale!? Are sales so bad they have to count non sales...

"It will look at the 12 most-streamed tracks from each album, then down-weight the two most popular in line with the average of the next 10.
These streams will then be added together and divided by 1,000. This "stream factor" will then be added to the physical/digital sales of the album, to produce an overall "sales figure" that determines an album's position in the countdown."

:? I'm not so sure about it all, when I used to buy singles I may have played them 100's of times, but I only bought them once...

More information here...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31421438

Well, Good evenin', don't that sun look good goin' down...