Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How many FTD's are sold?

Mon May 12, 2003 6:43 pm

I jsut wonder how many FTD's are sold on every release? Are these sales figures known? And I'm also curious if BMG is happy with the sales and reactions on the FTD releases....

Any (official) information about this?

Re: How many FTD's are sold?

Mon May 12, 2003 9:10 pm

Albert wrote:I jsut wonder how many FTD's are sold on every release? Are these sales figures known? And I'm also curious if BMG is happy with the sales and reactions on the FTD releases....

Any (official) information about this?

No reprints so far, that means the sales are less than the initial 10.000 copies printed. But then again 10.000 copies is quite an amount for an oldies reissue these days. Many small independent reissue labels are happy if they reach 3.000 copies.

Mon May 12, 2003 9:27 pm

Didn't they sell more than 10k of The Jungle Room Sessions?

Tue May 13, 2003 9:19 pm

scotch wrote:Didn't they sell more than 10k of The Jungle Room Sessions?

If so I would be surprised as 10.000 copies are a lot if you take into account the limited ditribution.

Tue May 13, 2003 10:07 pm

As these releases aren't commercial [in a sense], I don't see any reason why Ernst/Roger/BMG couldn't publish the sales figures.

They could update the list once a year.

Make interesting reading.

Colin B

Tucson '76

Tue May 13, 2003 11:36 pm

I read somewhere than Ernst said "Tuscon '76" was the top FTD seller, along with "Jungle Room Sessions".

On a slightly unrelated note, I have to say that my local record shop, Amoeba Records on Haight Street here in San Francisco has nearly every FTD release in stock. Some prices are good, $28 apiece, but they want $100 for "That's The Way It Was" which is too much, obviously.