Post by Elvis1970 »

Hi, i found some footage of elvis in 1969, enjoy it!! :D :D ::rocks

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Elvis 1969 video footage

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

This is amazing footage...i've seen it before in better quality. He looks so darn cool when he first walks on stage.

Why this was not professionally filmed is beyond me.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

SteamrollerBlues
Registered for: 9 years 8 months

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

Yeah, I've seen this before, and I've seen a snippet in better quality. I took a screenshot of it.

Wish I could find all that footage in that quality...

Topic author
Elvis1970
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Elvis1970 »

SteamrollerBlues wrote:Yeah, I've seen this before, and I've seen a snippet in better quality. I took a screenshot of it.

Where did you find the better quality video?

And does anybody know , what kind of music is in the first seconds of the video?? the song with the piano etc. ( when the international hotel signs appear,), and if somebody knows the name of that song , or where i can find that type of songs.
Last edited by Elvis1970 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

SteamrollerBlues

Elvis1970 wrote:
SteamrollerBlues wrote:Yeah, I've seen this before, and I've seen a snippet in better quality. I took a screenshot of it.

It was just the part of him walking onto the stage -- it was in this video, near the end mark.

goldbelt
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by goldbelt »

Just to address a few of the points in the posts above;

The footage in the original post actually contains footage from 2 different 1969 shows, the second of which commences around the 10 minute duration following the curtain down of the previous show.

The first 1969 show featured on the original post was made available in the much clearer resolution on a great DVD release from years ago entitled 'Adrenaline', which also included footage from a show of the 3rd Vegas season.

The piano music someone was asking about at the very start of the footage in the original post is the intro to the live 1969 versions of Blue Suede Shoes Elvis opened those 1969 shows with.

Hope this helps.

robbie
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by robbie »

The best for quality for this is The Man Who Shot Elvis Dvd

nicolaas
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by nicolaas »

I watched Elvis In Person yesterday, a dvd from star. It has the footage too and matched with sound in a great way.
Off course the songs are not completely filmed in 1969 so other footage is used too (some exceptional good september 1970 tour footage is there) its a fantastic dvd.

Elvis In Person At The International Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Blue Suede Shoes
Johnny B. Goode
All Shook Up
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Hound Dog
I Can't Stop Loving You
My Babe
Jailhouse Rock/Don't Be Cruel *
Baby What Do You Want Me To Do *
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Words
In the Ghetto
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling in Love

Bonus tracks:

Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Are You Laughing Tonight
* Not on the original album

- See more at: http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/reviews/review_elvis_in_person_the_1969_fantasy_concert_dvd.shtml#sthash.b7anUAGc.dpuf

Image Greets from nicolaas

Topic author
Elvis1970

Post by Elvis1970 »

SteamrollerBlues wrote:
Elvis1970 wrote:

It was just the part of him walking onto the stage -- it was in this video, near the end mark.
Thank you , I saw it and it has a better quality , there is also footage from houston astrodome, thanks for posting the link :D

Topic author
Elvis1970

Post by Elvis1970 »

goldbelt wrote:Just to address a few of the points in the posts above;

The footage in the original post actually contains footage from 2 different 1969 shows, the second of which commences around the 10 minute duration following the curtain down of the previous show.

The first 1969 show featured on the original post was made available in the much clearer resolution on a great DVD release from years ago entitled 'Adrenaline', which also included footage from a show of the 3rd Vegas season.

The piano music someone was asking about at the very start of the footage in the original post is the intro to the live 1969 versions of Blue Suede Shoes Elvis opened those 1969 shows with.

Hope this helps.
Thank you , do you know where in can find the exact recording of the intro of the video? and what is the name of that style of piano playing?

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

Elvis1970 wrote: Thank you , do you know where in can find the exact recording of the intro of the video? and what is the name of that style of piano playing?
Hi, as I say, it's in the intro to the live version of 'Blue Suede Shoes' from the 1969 Vegas Season.

Not sure as to which exact show the version on the video is from, however, having done a fast check through a few of the 1969 shows officially released, the piano sounds great and seems to be very clear in the mix on the 26th August 1969 midnight show as found on the FTD titled 'All Shook Up'.

Topic author
Elvis1970

Post by Elvis1970 »

goldbelt wrote:
Elvis1970 wrote: Thank you , do you know where in can find the exact recording of the intro of the video? and what is the name of that style of piano playing?
Hi, as I say, it's in the intro to the live version of 'Blue Suede Shoes' from the 1969 Vegas Season.

Not sure as to which exact show the version on the video is from, however, having done a fast check through a few of the 1969 shows officially released, the piano sounds great and seems to be very clear in the mix on the 26th August 1969 midnight show as found on the FTD titled 'All Shook Up'.
thanks , can i find this FTD in you tube?

Tony C
Registered for: 9 years 9 months
Mood:

Post by Tony C »

Elvis1970 wrote:
goldbelt wrote:

Hopefully not. Sony should insist that Youtube remove concerts that have been released as FTD product.

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years

Post by vinelvis »

WOW! I've never seen this before!

vinelvis
Registered for: 10 years

Post by vinelvis »

Elvis1970 wrote:
goldbelt wrote:

If you want the FTD, buy the FTD.

SteamrollerBlues

Elvis1970 wrote:
goldbelt wrote:

No, and unfortunately it is not on shopelvis either. You might be able to find it on ebay.

steevefry
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by steevefry »

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Elvis1970 wrote:
goldbelt wrote:

All Shook Up (FTD) is in stock right here:

The Elvis Shop London Home :: All Shook Up - FTD 46
https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1565

Complete list of FTD albums here:

The Elvis Shop London Home :: FTD - CDs / Books / Vinyl
https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=159&page=full_list

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

goldbelt

Post by goldbelt »

Greystoke wrote:I don't know if anyone remembers the video tape produced by the Elvis Fan Club in the U.K., called Return to Splendour. I think some of the footage posted above appeared on that tape, although, it has been a very long time since I last watched that video. But Elvis walking on stage seems familiar from there. It's very good footage.
Yeah, there's just over a minutes worth or so of the 1969 footage on Return To Splendour.